+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody applied or got admit from Carleton University for Sep-13 intake?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Rupesh90 said:
okay... so I think this status will remain same until 90% work will be in progress... alright bro.. you have applied to M.Eng(1 yr) or MCS(2 year)???
hello,
I have applied to 2 year Meng course in ECE and i have got conditional admit for the same.....

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
guys you got acceptance offer.... I am still waiting for the decision... dunno when will they reply...
Well I read on a FB post that in case we get rejectd by carleton, our application is forwarded to UoOttawa since they both are in co-operation for Computer Science studies... Is this true????

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Rupesh90 said:
guys you got acceptance offer.... I am still waiting for the decision... dunno when will they reply...
Well I read on a FB post that in case we get rejectd by carleton, our application is forwarded to UoOttawa since they both are in co-operation for Computer Science studies... Is this true????
Yes,its true....they have mentioned this thing in their preference from but its one individual choice...

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
sameerverma said:
Yes,its true....they have mentioned this thing in their preference from but its one individual choice...
Actually on the preference form there is on thing to mention: If you have not mentioned research supervisor indicate your preference of college: 1. Carleton 2. Ottawa 3. No preference ... I ticked No preference.. So does that mean my application will be sent to ottawa if rejected by carleton

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
Actually on the preference form there is on thing to mention: If you have not mentioned research supervisor indicate your preference of college: 1. Carleton 2. Ottawa 3. No preference ... I ticked No preference.. So does that mean my application will be sent to ottawa if rejected by carleton
yes..coz ur preference has been set...if nt carleton...it wd go to ottawa

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Rupesh90 said:
got it... :) .. something to be happy about
hello bro....yes they will consider you for ottawa also.....and what is your status now in your account....

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
sameerverma said:
hello bro....yes they will consider you for ottawa also.....and what is your status now in your account....
same as before sameer.. "Review in Progress by Department".... this wait is just killing me

gaffor

May 7, 2013
Hii guys, i got admit from Carleton University for MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering(systems and computer engineering), I would like to exact fee of the program and in how many terms we can finish the master's program. And how is the grading system at carleton ?? are courses difficult to study??

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
gaffor said:
Hii guys, i got admit from Carleton University for MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering(systems and computer engineering), I would like to exact fee of the program and in how many terms we can finish the master's program. And how is the grading system at carleton ?? are courses difficult to study??
Hello bro,congrats for your admission.I have also got conditional offer for Meng course in ECE under SYS department and although the fees are not displayed at this time but referring to previous year fees the fees for 1 year that is 3 terms for total is $21000 approx.
http://www5.carleton.ca/financialservices/student-accounts-receivable/tuition-fees/

And it's a 2 year programme that is six terms but i have heard that international students usually able to finish the programme within 1 year .....i have one friend at university of western ontario he has told me about this......but it depends on the individual and the number of course one takes during each term....so i am not sure about this .....

ANd regarding grading system and courses difficulty i can't say anything as i am also an applicant os i think only some experience can help regarding this ......

And have u got conditional admission or unconditional admission...?

gaffor

May 7, 2013
@sameerverma
Thank you
I have got conditional admit, they mentioned me to post the hardcopy of transcripts to university. But I am little confused about the documents they require. I have Consolidated Memo, Provisional certificate, individual marks memo with me and yet to receive my Original Degree. So, is it sufficient if i send my Consolidated Memo, Provisional certificate, individual marks memo transcripts?

Have you accepted the offer at Carleton Central portal?
Have you decided to go carleton or waiting for any other universities

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
sameerverma said:
Hello bro,congrats for your admission.I have also got conditional offer for Meng course in ECE under SYS department and although the fees are not displayed at this time but referring to previous year fees the fees for 1 year that is 3 terms for total is $21000 approx.
http://www5.carleton.ca/financialservices/student-accounts-receivable/tuition-fees/

And it's a 2 year programme that is six terms but i have heard that international students usually able to finish the programme within 1 year .....i have one friend at university of western ontario he has told me about this......but it depends on the individual and the number of course one takes during each term....so i am not sure about this .....

ANd regarding grading system and courses difficulty i can't say anything as i am also an applicant os i think only some experience can help regarding this ......

And have u got conditional admission or unconditional admission...?
Hey sameer....
As per their table our fees should be 14148 rite...for one year...??....

Nivesh89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi All(Carleton applicants),

Has neone tried setting up the CarletonOne email account after receiving ur conditional LOA??...did it work out..??

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Nivesh89 said:
Hi All(Carleton applicants),

Has neone tried setting up the CarletonOne email account after receiving ur conditional LOA??...did it work out..??
Hello, i have tried but i have got this message every time :Your My Carleton One credentials are not available at this time.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Nivesh89 said:
Hey sameer....
As per their table our fees should be 14148 rite...for one year...??....
no bro i think u are not calculating it correctly and moreover i am not sure whether our programme fees is credit based or programme fee based....so i am also quite confused regarding this......and according to me 1 year fees i think is around $21000 as i mentioned earlier..

there are 3 terms in a year not 2...so consider fees for 3rd term also..