+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Any news? Anyone? I have passed the six months mark still no news. August 13th will make it 7 months waiting.

sedo88

Jul 22, 2019
Helloo Sedo88,

Yeah thats right, I didn't submit any letter initially and they haven't ask me about my intentions to leave Quebec. This maybe due to the fact that i sent a job offer through web form few weeks back. The job offer is from an employer in Ontario.
Thanks Paddy147 for your reply.

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
I landed at a border crossing in Ontario, since that is my stated province of arrival. I would advice you do not enter through Quebec. The rational is that at the time of validation, you are saying that as of right now I'm detaching myself from Quebec.

I chose the land border crossing for the sake of saving time. The IRCC appointment can take months.

For the address, what I did is secured a place in Ontario, and exchanged my driver license from Quebec to an Ontario license and used that as an ID with an out-of-Quebec address. I was not asked for a lease, but if you have it it would be nice to take just in case (a lot is agent dependent).

Regards,

Hi ,

Did they ask for any proof of ontario residency ? I will have a direct landing interview soon. I have an Ontario address but did not have enough time to change my driver license.

Thanks in advance
Dai

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Hi,

I applied to EE while still living in Montreal, and got the PR. I can share with you all what I wrote in my LOE.

Hi alesoares726,

Can you share your experience on landing interview, was the ladning in quebec or ontario? Do you have to show the proof of residency out of quebec? I will have a direct landing interview (without passport request email) in Ontario soon. I have an ontario address but difficult to show proof of residency.

Thanks in advance
Dai

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
I landed at a border crossing in Ontario, since that is my stated province of arrival. I would advice you do not enter through Quebec. The rational is that at the time of validation, you are saying that as of right now I'm detaching myself from Quebec.

I chose the land border crossing for the sake of saving time. The IRCC appointment can take months.

For the address, what I did is secured a place in Ontario, and exchanged my driver license from Quebec to an Ontario license and used that as an ID with an out-of-Quebec address. I was not asked for a lease, but if you have it it would be nice to take just in case (a lot is agent dependent).

Regards,

Hi mbkingsnake,

Did they ask you to show proof of residency for the landing? I am in the same situation. I have an Ontario address but did not have enough time to change my driver license since it was direct ladning interview

Thanks in advance
Dai

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hi All.. I am Primary applicant in my EE profile and my husband is dependent. We got ITA and currently residing in India, recently my husband got an offer to work from Montreal most probably through Closed Work Permit. So below are my queries:

1) If we both shift to Montreal, will it impact our PR process and approval ?
2) Will updating our address to Montreal, Quebec in our EE profile post AOR raise any Red flags for PR ?
2) As accompanying spouse in his Work permit, can I achieve Open permit to work in other provinces?
3) If I could manage an IT job in other province (preferably Ontario), will that give us an edge to prove our intent to move out of Quebec ?
4) If I couldn't manage to get a job then what should be our course of action ?
5) Considering the risks of rejection, should we reject our Montreal offer and first go ahead with the PR process?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello Guys,
I am working in Quebec on closed work permit at client side but my employer is Ontario based. My taxes goes to Ontario and then both province settle them between even my t4 from employer says province of employment as ON(Ontario). My AOR is 20-Jan-2019 and I got refusal on 17-Aug-2019 stating that "The documents that you provided are insufficient to support your intention of leaving Quebec at the time of permanent residence" . They even did not ask me to prove my intention to leave Quebec.

I know many people who got PR last year by going this way but I got refusal. is there someone who can suggest that I should challenge their decision or not? any guideline about the matter will be helpful.

good luck to all

alesoares726

Oct 5, 2017
Hello Guys,
I am working in Quebec on closed work permit at client side but my employer is Ontario based. My taxes goes to Ontario and then both province settle them between even my t4 from employer says province of employment as ON(Ontario). My AOR is 20-Jan-2019 and I got refusal on 17-Aug-2019 stating that "The documents that you provided are insufficient to support your intention of leaving Quebec at the time of permanent residence" . They even did not ask me to prove my intention to leave Quebec.

I know many people who got PR last year by going this way but I got refusal. is there someone who can suggest that I should challenge their decision or not? any guideline about the matter will be helpful.

good luck to all
I'm sorry this happened to you. I guess the fact that you're in a closed work permit didn't help.

Is your work permit tied to Quebec?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
I'm sorry this happened to you. I guess the fact that you're in a closed work permit didn't help.

Is your work permit tied to Quebec?
Yes , My work permit mention location of employment as Montreal and note at bottom states that not authorized to work in any location other than stated.

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hello Guys,

good luck to all
Tough luck bro. What could we expect if spouse is the Primary applicant in PR application and husband is working on closed WP in Quebec?
Will spouse getting job in any other province other than Quebec help the PR case?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi All.. I am Primary applicant in my EE profile and my husband is dependent. We got ITA and currently residing in India, recently my husband got an offer to work from Montreal most probably through Closed Work Permit. So below are my queries:

1) If we both shift to Montreal, will it impact our PR process and approval ? YES
2) Will updating our address to Montreal, Quebec in our EE profile post AOR raise any Red flags for PR ? YES
2) As accompanying spouse in his Work permit, can I achieve Open permit to work in other provinces? YES
3) If I could manage an IT job in other province (preferably Ontario), will that give us an edge to prove our intent to move out of Quebec ? Probably.
4) If I couldn't manage to get a job then what should be our course of action ? Quit your husbands job and move to Ontario and then apply Express Entry.
5) Considering the risks of rejection, should we reject our Montreal offer and first go ahead with the PR process? BY ALL MEANS YES
Quebec is a bad choice for high skilled immigrants and that too when you guys got ITA for Express Entry !!!.
By all means, please do not come to Quebec on a temporary work permit. You guys got an ITA, get the PR done and come to Canada.

Do not make the same mistake as I did in 2016. I am still in process for a PR :(

Tell your Montreal employer "Because of the bad immigration situation in Quebec, we are not taking this job offer, let them know what their elected CAQ government is doing to skilled economic immigrants in Quebec". Tell them once you get your PR, you will think about moving to Quebec.

Employers in Quebec are finding it hard to get workers. So bargain on this and ask for more pay if you decide to come to Quebec without a PR, because you will be faced with immigration delays & language barriers. So make your employer compensate for all your troubles coming to work in Quebec.

Reactions: ramya priya

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Quebec is a bad choice for high skilled immigrants and that too when you guys got ITA for Express Entry !!!.
By all means, please do not come to Quebec on a temporary work permit. You guys got an ITA, get the PR done and come to Canada.

Do not make the same mistake as I did in 2016. I am still in process for a PR :(

Tell your Montreal employer "Because of the bad immigration situation in Quebec, we are not taking this job offer, let them know what their elected CAQ government is doing to skilled economic immigrants in Quebec". Tell them once you get your PR, you will think about moving to Quebec.

Employers in Quebec are finding it hard to get workers. So bargain on this and ask for more pay if you decide to come to Quebec without a PR, because you will be faced with immigration delays & language barriers. So make your employer compensate for all your troubles coming to work in Quebec.
We are going through the PR process. Can you let us know if you were the primary applicant?

In my case, I am the primary applicant and my husband (with Quebec offer) is dependent. Does this make our case simpler?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
We are going through the PR process. Can you let us know if you were the primary applicant?

In my case, I am the primary applicant and my husband (with Quebec offer) is dependent. Does this make our case simpler?
Simpler for applying Express Entry from Quebec ?

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Simpler for applying Express Entry from Quebec ?
We received ITA and gathering docs, so my question is for continuing the EE from Quebec.

Our plan is since I am the primary applicant, We might move to Montreal in say 3 months, i.e., our post AOR period

-> I want to move to Toronto on Open Work permit, with my husband working in Montreal.
-> If in the worst case, I couldn't find a job.. we are planning to rent a cheap place there to show that I am actually residing in Toronto and not in Montreal and our intention is to move out together to Toronto.

Since I am the primary applicant, will the case officer consider my dependent's commitments? or do you see any issues in the above approach

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019

Also what was your case? You were on WP in Montreal and applied to EE as single applicant? What was the reason for rejection?