+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,

Following this thread for a while now. I just got approved for LMIA this week. Now expecting to get closed wp anytime in the next few weeks. Following the cancellation of most of csq applications in Quebec, I am considering going for EE instead.

However, my employer is kinda hostile towards this idea of moving out and working remotely out of Quebec. Before i have a sitdown with my manager regarding this, I am just curious to know about any implications for an employer to allow something like this to one of its employees? Is it the taxes or health coverage or some hidden agenda under the hood that quebec govt enforces employers to do so?

For me its very simple, if I want to go to EE, I would first move out of quebec and then apply. As doing otherwise would threaten my employment and conviction to VO regarding my ties to province itself.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hi all,

Following this thread for a while now. I just got approved for LMIA this week. Now expecting to get closed wp anytime in the next few weeks. Following the cancellation of most of csq applications in Quebec, I am considering going for EE instead.

However, my employer is kinda hostile towards this idea of moving out and working remotely out of Quebec. Before i have a sitdown with my manager regarding this, I am just curious to know about any implications for an employer to allow something like this to one of its employees? Is it the taxes or health coverage or some hidden agenda under the hood that quebec govt enforces employers to do so?

For me its very simple, if I want to go to EE, I would first move out of quebec and then apply. As doing otherwise would threaten my employment and conviction to VO regarding my ties to province itself.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
Hello arkhamdominion,
I don't really think moving out of the province and working remotely for your employer will harm him in anyway, its more like some employers are not flexible and they didn't employ you to work remotely so they feel you re changing the terms of your employment...

You mentioned your LMIA was approved this week, will this be your first work permit in Quebec? have you upto one year of Canadien experience?
The amount of time you ve spent in Quebec always makes it difficult to convince the VO that you will leave.

So yes the best way is to move out and apply, thats if you can still keep your job and commute or work remotely from another province because you cannot get another job on a closed work permit..

You can still look for employers outside Quebec who re willing to give you a job offer .
Proof that your spouse can't speak french therefore difficulties getting jobs (if that is the case)
letters from your social circle outside Quebec.
Education outside Quebec
Another province drivers licence
Communications with a real estate agent about renting outside Quebec etc.

Keep us updated on what you decide to do.

Goodluck.

Reactions: astraldust

TinNg

Jun 13, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm new here and would like some advice regarding my situation.

I initially came to Canada in June 2009. I've attended and finished highschool, cegep and university all in Montreal city. So it has been a good 10 years in Quebec. However, despite the my lengthy period living in Montreal, my French still remains weak as it would be my third language.

I'm never married and in Canada all by myself with no family member whatsoever. I've held two jobs during my stay in Canada: (1) bartending and (2) software tester (ongoing). My term of employment at the current job is on-call - however, due to the nature of my work, I'm assigned to a project with 40 hours/week and it has been 1 year since I've worked here.

So the question is, what would be more beneficial for my situation: applying for PR under (1) Quebec Regular Skilled Worker via Arrima or (2) Canada Express Entry.

I'm fully aware that under EE, I need to provide a LOT. However, this means I'll have to start looking for a job and an address outside Quebec. This option tends to be quite inconvenient. I've noticed that a few people on this forum had their PR granted while they were still in Quebec. Given that my 10 years living in Montreal, this will be hard to prove.

Under the QSWP, I have enough points to be eligible for the program. However, the current situation with this new Quebec policy, this option seems to be a waste of time at the moment. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Any help is appreciated. If more information is needed, I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks for reaing!

Last edited:

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm new here and would like some advice regarding my situation.

I initially came to Canada in June 2009. I've attended and finished highschool, cegep and university all in Montreal city. So it has been a good 10 years in Quebec. However, despite the my lengthy period living in Montreal, my French still remains weak as it would be my third language.

I'm never married and in Canada all by myself with no family member whatsoever. I've held two jobs during my stay in Canada: (1) bartending and (2) software tester (ongoing). My term of employment at the current job is on-call - however, due to the nature of my work, I'm assigned to a project with 40 hours/week and it has been 1 year since I've worked here.

So the question is, what would be more beneficial for my situation: applying for PR under (1) Quebec Regular Skilled Worker via Arrima or (2) Canada Express Entry.

I'm fully aware that under EE, I need to provide a LOT. However, this means I'll have to start looking for a job and an address outside Quebec. This option tends to be quite inconvenient. I've noticed that a few people on this forum had their PR granted while they were still in Quebec. Given that my 10 years living in Montreal, this will be hard to prove.

Under the QSWP, I have enough points to be eligible for the program. However, the current situation with this new Quebec policy, this option seems to be a waste of time at the moment. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Any help is appreciated. If more information is needed, I'll be happy to provide.

Thanks for reaing!
Hello TinNg and welcome to the forum.

I really do think that it will be more beneficial for you to apply for CSQ (certificat de selection Quebec) under PEQ (program de l'experience Quebecoise) You can get this within 1 month and then you can apply for your permanent residence(federal part). PEQ does not use a points selection system. If candidates meet the eligibility criteria, they simply submit an application for a CSQ

To get CSQ you need to have worked for at least 12 months within the last 24months or you studied and graduated in Quebec.
See link for Quebec Graduates : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

See link for Temporary foreign worker: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/index.html

In your case you don't need to go through QSWP and Arrima. Your have 12 months working experience and also you studied in Quebec.

Like you mentioned above, going through EE will be difficult for you, 10 years in Quebec will definately red flag you and you ve got alot of convincing to do. The only this would work is, move out of Quebec get a job and apply.

Goodluck and let us know what you decide to do.

Reactions: TinNg

TinNg

Jun 13, 2019
Hello TinNg and welcome to the forum.

I really do think that it will be more beneficial for you to apply for CSQ (certificat de selection Quebec) under PEQ (program de l'experience Quebecoise) You can get this within 1 month and then you can apply for your permanent residence(federal part). PEQ does not use a points selection system. If candidates meet the eligibility criteria, they simply submit an application for a CSQ

In your case you don't need to go through QSWP and Arrima. Your have 12 months working experience and also you studied in Quebec.

Like you mentioned above, going through EE will be difficult for you, 10 years in Quebec will definately red flag you and you ve got alot of convincing to do. The only this would work is, move out of Quebec get a job and apply.

Goodluck and let us know what you decide to do.
Hey paddy147,

Thank you again for spending your time reading and answering my question. I was thinking the same - to obtain CSQ in Quebec since I have a longer and stronger tie in this province. But again, French is the only concern.

Btw, I'm wondering if you or anyone here have any experience regarding immigration law firm? I did a free assessment on Canadim website - and they replied back the same day suggesting that I'm eligible for EE. Then there were more emails sent to my inbox regarding their services offerred. And it seems to me that they were trying to get me to sign up for one of their package ASAP without knowing everything about my situation.

Anyway, I'm going to Canadim law firm for a consultation session on Monday and see what my options would be.

Thanks again. Cheers!

2AB

Jun 26, 2019
Hi everyone,
Is there someone got recently PPR by Express Entry during working closed permit from Quebec?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

chaukserahul

Jan 4, 2019
Currently I am working from India in a Software Company and providing services as a Vendor to my Client which is an Investment Bank who has their office in Montreal, Qubec province.

I have my wife as an primary applicant, I am secondary and we have 2 years old son in Express Entry PR application. I hope to get my PR in next couple of months.

My question is around getting a first job in Montreal, Quebec via current Software Company in India for my current client an Investment Bank. Can I follow below route even though i dont have physical PR card in hand ?

1) get valid job offer from my current employer for a client in Montreal before travelling from India
2) Land first time in any other province than Quebec
3) get my SIN from airport authority and move next day to Montreal
4) give my relative's address from Toronto to receive physical PR card
5) complete Photo request for PR card from Montreal if required.

Is above thing really that simple as I noted down ? what are the hiccups i need to go through in this process ?

i dont have any long term intentions to settle in Montreal, but getting first job before landing will solve many issues as an immigrant, thats why this question.

appreciate all feedback on this query. thanks.

Reactions: ramya priya

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hello, I am applying for my application from Quebec for Express Entry. My company is giving me a transfer to one of their offices in Ontario in the month of July. And I will be working at the same position. Do I qualify to claim the 50 points for my job offer since I have worked for this company for almost 3 years by October.
Thank you.
Hey!
I will be going through the same process pretty soon. Did you face any troubles in terms of proving that you will indeed be staying in Ontario and not coming back to Quebec? In terms of documentation, could you please share what all additional documents you submitted.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hello it has really been quiet here for a while. Anybody got any news from CIC recently?

I have passed the six months mark so i called and they told me that Eligibility is passed, criminality is passed but security is yet to be done. Does anyone know how long security will take? The agent told me that my VO is Edmonton.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Did you get any response?
I called and they told me that my visa office is Edmonton, and that medical is passed, eligibility is passed, criminalty is passed the only thing remaining now is security which hasn't started yet. What about you any news?

sedo88

Jul 22, 2019
I called and they told me that my visa office is Edmonton, and that medical is passed, eligibility is passed, criminalty is passed the only thing remaining now is security which hasn't started yet. What about you any news?
Hello Paddy147,

Wish you good luck on your application.

I remember that you did not submit a intention letter with the initial batch of documents. so, have they asked you about your intentions to leave Quebec? if yes, can you please share with us what have you used to convince them?

Thanks in advance

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
When I called after 2 months of AOR, I have been informed that my VO is Edmonton. I got PFL recently and submitted the response. Last I called to see if they can see my PFL response, according to agent everything looks good like eligibility, criminality, security everything is passed . LEt see what happens after the response letter.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hello Paddy147,

Wish you good luck on your application.

I remember that you did not submit a intention letter with the initial batch of documents. so, have they asked you about your intentions to leave Quebec? if yes, can you please share with us what have you used to convince them?

Thanks in advance
Helloo Sedo88,

Yeah thats right, I didn't submit any letter initially and they haven't ask me about my intentions to leave Quebec. This maybe due to the fact that i sent a job offer through web form few weeks back. The job offer is from an employer in Ontario.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
When I called after 2 months of AOR, I have been informed that my VO is Edmonton. I got PFL recently and submitted the response. Last I called to see if they can see my PFL response, according to agent everything looks good like eligibility, criminality, security everything is passed . LEt see what happens after the response letter.
Hello USMZ,

Thats good news, You should get PPR soon. what did you do to convince the VO of your intents to leave Quebec?