+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Good afternoon all, quick update on my application:

Passport request received on March 1st. Documents received at CIC on March 5th. No email since then, but today my online application changed to approved!!

It took exactly 3 months from AOR to approval. Still need to process the CoPR

Thabks all,

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018

Passport request received on March 1st. Documents received at CIC on March 5th. No email since then, but today my online application changed to approved!!

Thabks all,
Congratulations! Did you submit the letter of intent to leave Quebec with the application or when requested?

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Congratulations! Did you submit the letter of intent to leave Quebec with the application or when requested?
The letter of intent was submitted with the initial batch of documents. There is a category for additional documents, I uploaded it there

Regards,

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019

Thabks all,
Congratulations, this is a very good news and its encouraging for us that are still waiting, I remember you were planning to look for job in northern europe if things didn't workout...Glad they did.

Thank you for coming back to give us an update on your application.

please can you share the type of evidence you submitted to show your intention of residing outside Quebec.

Last edited:

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Hello all,

A final update to my case. I received the CoPR on March 15th, and validated it on the 23rd. I have not seen many advice on validating your CoPR, here is an advice to anyone validating their CoPR from Quebec:

1) Have an address from another province at the time of validation
The officers will ask for an address, and if the only one you have is from Quebec they will not validate it, and they may take your CoPR away

I will not be checking the forum much, but if you need help send me a message and Ill try to respond,

Best of luck!

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello all,

A final update to my case. I received the CoPR on March 15th, and validated it on the 23rd. I have not seen many advice on validating your CoPR, here is an advice to anyone validating their CoPR from Quebec:

The officers will ask for an address, and if the only one you have is from Quebec they will not validate it, and they may take your CoPR away

I will not be checking the forum much, but if you need help send me a message and Ill try to respond,

Best of luck!
Thanks for the info.
Did you land in Quebec or another province? At a border or IRCC office?
Is having an address outside of QC enough? Did you show a lease or proof of address?

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Thanks for the info.
Did you land in Quebec or another province? At a border or IRCC office?
Is having an address outside of QC enough? Did you show a lease or proof of address?
I landed at a border crossing in Ontario, since that is my stated province of arrival. I would advice you do not enter through Quebec. The rational is that at the time of validation, you are saying that as of right now I'm detaching myself from Quebec.

I chose the land border crossing for the sake of saving time. The IRCC appointment can take months.

For the address, what I did is secured a place in Ontario, and exchanged my driver license from Quebec to an Ontario license and used that as an ID with an out-of-Quebec address. I was not asked for a lease, but if you have it it would be nice to take just in case (a lot is agent dependent).

Regards,

Reactions: Phoenixation

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
Anyone else got PR ?

Mar 27, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
NOC Code......
Driver
App. Filed.......
I am havey truck driver
IELTS Request
Interview........
Pass
Passport Req..
Pakistani
VISA ISSUED...
Uae
I want but how I get pr

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hello all,

Best of luck!
Did you have a job in Quebec? If yes, did you resign?

Samster

Feb 20, 2013
Anyone else trying through Express Entry while employed with a closed work permit in Quebec?

I am planning to apply through Express Entry but do not have a job offer from another province yet. Has anyone else tried to get a job offer from outside of Quebec? I can apply for the EE after I atleast have a job offer.

I am willing to move out of Quebec as I am fed up with the delay in the processing time and am stuck in this never resolving issue by the CAQ. Unfortunately I too am in queue among the +18000 applications with probably no future in Quebec. I have also created my profile in ARRIMA but with no clear path forward, I am really running out of options as my work permit is valid till October 2019.

Any suggestions or guidance is highly appreciated.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Anyone else trying through Express Entry while employed with a closed work permit in Quebec?

I am planning to apply through Express Entry but do not have a job offer from another province yet. Has anyone else tried to get a job offer from outside of Quebec? I can apply for the EE after I atleast have a job offer.

I am willing to move out of Quebec as I am fed up with the delay in the processing time and am stuck in this never resolving issue by the CAQ. Unfortunately I too am in queue among the +18000 applications with probably no future in Quebec. I have also created my profile in ARRIMA but with no clear path forward, I am really running out of options as my work permit is valid till October 2019.

Any suggestions or guidance is highly appreciated.
Hello Samster,
I applied Through Express Entry under CEC Since January 13 and i am still waiting for them to request for my letter of intent to reside outside Quebec.

I am on closed work permit just like you, and because od this it is hard to get job offer from employers outside Quebec. I have applied for many jobs did some interviews but they won't take me till i have my PR. So its possible to apply under CEC without Job offer and look for away to prove your intent.

It might be a little bit difficult for you because you have already applied through Quebec so you will really need to convince the VO that you intend to leave.

I wish you goodluck.