+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ANY STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION FROM TURKEY

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys! I just got a negative response for my study permit . Sad and confused These are the reasons they gave "" I want to reapply tomorrow .

"1. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with your temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
2. Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence

Actually I am from Ghana and completed my masters in Turkey. Currently I am working as an English teacher my work permit expired on 30th June of this month and being renewed.

Any idea as to what to include in the reapplication??
Order GCMS notes as 1. can mean many things. If you have a masters then most likely you aren’t building on your education. You also need to show career progression and justify costs with better paying job etc.
2. You don’t live in Ghana and your work permit expired so you will not return to Turkey following completion. You need to show career progression from Ghana. And you need to show strong ties to Ghana.

So you may need to change programs showing education and career progression when you return to Ghana. With a Masters already, your profile seems like you want to immigrate and are not a genuine student.

Reactions: Moon2408

kankan23

Jul 11, 2022
Order GCMS notes as 1. can mean many things. If you have a masters then most likely you aren’t building on your education. You also need to show career progression and justify costs with better paying job etc.
2. You don’t live in Ghana and your work permit expired so you will not return to Turkey following completion. You need to show career progression from Ghana. And you need to show strong ties to Ghana.

So you may need to change programs showing education and career progression when you return to Ghana. With a Masters already, your profile seems like you want to immigrate and are not a genuine student.
Sir, Please I have prepared a two page SOP for my reapplication. Due to the detailed personal information provided in the SOP I would appreciate if I can get your email so you advice on the suitability or otherwise. Thank You

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sir, Please I have prepared a two page SOP for my reapplication. Due to the detailed personal information provided in the SOP I would appreciate if I can get your email so you advice on the suitability or otherwise. Thank You
Sorry, I don’t receive personal emails. What is your full profile - age, education, program, ties to Ghana etc.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys! I just got a negative response for my study permit . Sad and confused These are the reasons they gave "" I want to reapply tomorrow .

"1. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with your temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
2. Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence

Actually I am from Ghana and completed my masters in Turkey. Currently I am working as an English teacher my work permit expired on 30th June of this month and being renewed.

Any idea as to what to include in the reapplication??
Whats your profile, and what program you applied to come to Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Pls find below the link to my SOP your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZDRWjOU8z8H_-EncA0A1s54aqnUVdMI/edit
Why are you not doing a PhD if your plan is to teach at your home university in Ghana. If you have a masters then you need to build on your education. May want to address that. Why not reapply from Ghana since you have no status in Turkey? Confused is your husband in Turkey or Ghana? Believe you state he is working in both countries. Is he in Ghana now with your child? Parents and siblings are not ties.

kankan23

Jul 11, 2022
Why are you not doing a PhD if your plan is to teach at your home university in Ghana. If you have a masters then you need to build on your education. May want to address that. Why not reapply from Ghana since you have no status in Turkey? Confused is your husband in Turkey or Ghana? Believe you state he is working in both countries. Is he in Ghana now with your child? Parents and siblings are not ties.
Thanks for your input. Pls i have already addressed the concerns in the SOP as :
Why are you not doing a PhD if your plan is to teach at your home university in your home country

Although I have completed a master’s program in political science and public administration at XXXXX (third – resident country), the program was more of course-based than research. As a master’s program without publications and sufficient research does not qualify me to work at the university level as a faculty member, there has always been the need for research-based further studies.

With regards to the choice of further studies in environmental policy, the job prospects in University of XXX (home country university) as well as other XXX ( home country) universities for environmental policy far outweigh that of political science as there are only a few qualified researchers with the specialization in environmental policy in XXX (home country). There exists a lot of open faculty positions in environmental science departments in many of the universities in XXX (link to some advertised positions listed at the end of the letter). Therefore, completion of my studies and research in environmental policy will open myriad doors of opportunities for me to achieve my career goals and contribute to training students and more experts in environmental policy in XXX (home country). It is also worth noting that the Environmental policy program at the xxxx (Canadian university) is interdisciplinary and political science is one of the prerequisites. (https://www.linktoprogramdetials).

Why not reapply from Ghana since you have no status in resident country

The permit was delayed due to the current backlog of applications caused by the COVID pandemic. The work permit has now been renewed accordingly and is attached to this application for your perusal.

Confused is your husband in your resident country or home country?
They are with me in my resident country and will go back to home country as captured in the SOP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your input. Pls i have already addressed the concerns in the SOP as :
Why are you not doing a PhD if your plan is to teach at your home university in your home country

Although I have completed a master’s program in political science and public administration at XXXXX (third – resident country), the program was more of course-based than research. As a master’s program without publications and sufficient research does not qualify me to work at the university level as a faculty member, there has always been the need for research-based further studies.

With regards to the choice of further studies in environmental policy, the job prospects in University of XXX (home country university) as well as other XXX ( home country) universities for environmental policy far outweigh that of political science as there are only a few qualified researchers with the specialization in environmental policy in XXX (home country). There exists a lot of open faculty positions in environmental science departments in many of the universities in XXX (link to some advertised positions listed at the end of the letter). Therefore, completion of my studies and research in environmental policy will open myriad doors of opportunities for me to achieve my career goals and contribute to training students and more experts in environmental policy in XXX (home country). It is also worth noting that the Environmental policy program at the xxxx (Canadian university) is interdisciplinary and political science is one of the prerequisites. (https://www.linktoprogramdetials).

Why not reapply from Ghana since you have no status in resident country

The permit was delayed due to the current backlog of applications caused by the COVID pandemic. The work permit has now been renewed accordingly and is attached to this application for your perusal.

Confused is your husband in your resident country or home country?
They are with me in my resident country and will go back to home country as captured in the SOP
You have a good SOP (just find it confusing about your husband in resident country but moving with job to home country). Your biggest issue is that you don’t live in your home country and there is no guarantee that you will get a job there after another masters program. If refused, consider PhD program to show education advancement. To IRCC, you have a masters and doesn‘t matter to them if it course or research based.

Reactions: kankan23