+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any students attending Uni of Regina?`

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
This tread is setup for those attending or going to UR for either bachelors or graduate level studies for networking and assistance in whatever way.

Hope those attending would join in to share thoughts or queries.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have applied there for my bachelors in computer scienceand their email correspondence has been a wonderful experience for me. Every inquiry was handled in a timely fashion.

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
asad100101 said:
i have applied there for my bachelors in computer scienceand their email correspondence has been a wonderful experience for me. Every inquiry was handled in a timely fashion.
you applied in which college :
course type :
tuition fee for one semester :

plz share

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
asad100101 said:
where r u from? r u an international student or PR or Citizen status?

Which program did u apply? comp science?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karachi, Pakistan. International student. Applied in comp science for jan 2011 intake. They will make a decision on my file in 1-2 weeks. The good thing is that, they accept a scan copies of educational docs.

No courier service. Just simple and easy admission process.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
sounds good! i am in UR now and its great, i love it here and i like the uni and the city, not so crowded like in Vancouver or Calgary. The downside is that there are less people, less convenience in transportation, need a car here, for sure. ;-)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will let you know final decision on my admission file.

Can i have your email address please?

Pls PM to me.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got accepted for winter intake 2011.
just recived an offer letter copy via email.
i will recieve original by mail.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
asad100101 said:
I will let you know final decision on my admission file.

Can i have your email address please?

Pls PM to me.
my email address is abelkwh@gmail.com, u may write me to find out more.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
asad100101 said:
got accepted for winter intake 2011.
just recived an offer letter copy via email.
i will recieve original by mail.
Congrads! Where else have u been accepted?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abelkwh said:
Congrads! Where else have u been accepted?
I am waiting from Simon Fraser University, University of Sk and University of New Brunswick. They had updated online on their website that they recieved my documents and everything and my application was in line for review. It would take them atleast two weeks to make a decision on my application.

Everyone has told me that Simon Fraser is the best one out of four. I'll choose to study there if I am admitted there. If not, it is a toss up b/w below mentioned universities.

Tell me which university is better, Univ of SK or Univ of Regina.

PS: I was not expecting to be admitted there because it was tied with York university at no 9 in maclean's undergraduate university rankings last year.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
To be frank, rankings do not matter at all once its a canadian uni, especially if u have work experience after a few years. All these publications love to rank universities and it does not tell the true picture.

Choosing a uni, just depends on what u want to get out of the uni and what u expect from the uni, it does not matter which uni u graduate from at the end of the road cause all the unis in Canada are basically same and as long as their programs are accreditated by the Canada board in whatever profession they are in. It just basically depends on yr own preference, such as location, budget, school size, classroom size etc etc..

SFU is an OK uni if u are looking at a school with plenty of international students, especially from South East Asia. There are plenty of asian students, from all asian countries and living cost in Burnaby, even though, a bit our of Vancouver, its still in Vancouver area and living cost, transportation cost and other cost are high if u do not mind studying there. Campus at SFU is small and its at the top of the mountain, even though it has quite a nice view. If u are doing just computer sciences, BS in CS, it doesnt really matter where u go, unless u are bend on Uni Waterloo which is the best in CS in Canada and has the best job placement rate. However, if u r choosing a uni, be aware of choices in cost, and also Co-Op, opporunities, which is work experience opportunity when u are a student. I believe SFU do not offer such a program, so check that out before u decide on the uni to go.

Do not be fooled by just the ranking of any uni, being at the top doesnt mean its the best uni and best uni suitable for u.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just let you know that I got an offer letter from Simon Fraser University today. In order to accept it, I'll have to pay $250 Canadian dollars.

My older brother wants me to get closer to big cities. I just sent them an email asking for a co-op program being offered there and am waiting for their reply.

I hope things will get clearer in the coming days.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cs.sfu.ca/undergrad/prospective/coop.html

have a look

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Its good if they do offer co-op, but u have to make sure they offer co-ops to international students as well, cause many canadian unis offer co-op to only the local canadian students. Get a reply from the co-op office, call them and ask and also get a written reply.