+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
syeduzairhaider said:
Dear All,

I am writing in regards to the proof of relationship question for adaptability factor in Federal Skilled Worker points under Express Entry.

My father's brother (my uncle) lives in Canada for the past 20 years and is a Canadian Citizen.

Now, I have claim 5 points for FSW Adaptability. However, I can provide my uncle and father's passport which states the same name of their father. Also their Bachelors degree which states the same father name. Is it more than enough? or do I need to provide both of their birth certificate also? My father age is around 65 and he doesn't have a birth certificate neither do my uncle in Canada.

I can provide the following:
1. A copy of both sides of my uncle's Canadian citizenship document.
2. Evidence that my uncle currently resides in Canada must be provided through documents such as a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.
3. Passport copy and Bachelor's degree of my uncle and my father showing the respective parents name.

Is it sufficient? Or should I not not claim 5 points for adaptability..I will still be having 70 points without relative points...would it be misrepresentation not stating my relatives in Canada?

Looking forward to a positive response.

Cheers & Regards.
You can claim points for Canadian relatives, the documents that you have are sufficient.

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
Hi all

I have received my ITA and have a few queries for which I need your assistance:

1. So when I made my EE profile I was doing my Masters. I completed it and received my degree recently. I immediately sent it to WES fo evaluation as I intended to update my profile and get more points. However, I have received the ITA and the ECA for my Masters degree is still in process.

So I was wondering in my education section should I update and add that I have done my masters (after I receive my ECA ofcourse) or just upload the documents for the degree mentioned before?

In the same vein do I upload documents for my bachelors, my post graduate diploma and my masters? Please note that PG Diploma is one of the stages in the masters degree program and if I upload the Masters degree there is really no point in uploading the PG Diploma becuase they are the same subjects. Basically if you complete a number of courses you are awarded the PG Diploma and then when you complete the remaining number of courses you are awarded the Masters (if that makes sense otherwise I can explain it in more detail).

Do such things recalculate and increase or decrease the score (in general) at the ITA stage?

2. My second query is that I am filling out my PR application for a family of 4 Me, My Spouse & my 2 dependent children. In the child PR form there is a section "Titled Family", which requies informaion of the immediate family of the child THAT HAVE NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED IN THE APPLICATION. My undersatnding is that since all his immediate family members are already included in the application for the PR (as we are applying as a family) therefore; I will not have to inculde any information in this section. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Umansur

Nov 6, 2016
Hi,

Just a quick one: I am an ACCA and BSc (both qualified in 2012) and applying under NOC 1111. However I started working in 2008 and am still working.
While I was making my online profile yesterday, in the 'work history' form the 1st question asks the "date you first became qualified to work in this occupation."
What would be the date? The date I completed my degree and received the certificate or some other date?

Any experiences please?

anni_iitk

Jan 26, 2015
I have to submit the HK Certificate of no criminal conviction as a part of my EE application, as I have lived in HK for 2 years. I am an Indian citizen but currently living in UK from last 6 months.
Where can I get the finger prints done for it in UK?
I am visiting India in 2 weeks. It is possible to do the finger prints in India although I am residing in Uk for last 6 months? If yes, where in India Can I do so?

People who have gone trough the process kindly Help.

Thanks

jiangbond

Nov 10, 2015
Hi there,

I am preparing documents to apply for EE PR online application under CEC. However, I lost a NOA for last year.

Can I print out the notice of assessment from myaccount or mycra. Or CIC requires original file?

Thanks,

honeybubu

Jul 19, 2015
Hi, can both me and my husband create a separate express entry profile? Mine expired in august and I'm planning to create a new profile this month. Please advise.

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I have a question. I realised I put in the wrong NOC for EE. I wanted to know would it better to withdraw my profile and make a new one rather than updating.

Since I have not received any update on anything, would it affect me in anyway?

jimmy2times

Jan 2, 2016
Hello experts,

In the family information section, do I need to declare information about my step-mom, step-brother and step-sister? If so, how can I do this and will I need to provide their documents in the future?

My dad remarried after my mom passed away and has 2 kids from that marriage. I'm not really in touch with them but I don't want to leave out any information if necessary!

Thanks,
J2T

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jimmy2times said:
Hello experts,

In the family information section, do I need to declare information about my step-mom, step-brother and step-sister? If so, how can I do this and will I need to provide their documents in the future?

My dad remarried after my mom passed away and has 2 kids from that marriage. I'm not really in touch with them but I don't want to leave out any information if necessary!

Thanks,
J2T
If those relatives are mentioned in the drop down, you have to mention them. You do not have to submit any documentation for them whatsoever.

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anti_maniac said:
primarily its a minimal physical check like weight, height,eye sight and general questions on medical history (to you as a parent).
depends on the age of the child, there might be one xray of chest and blood/urine test for relatively older kids( i think generally its 11 years or older kids are sent for xray/blood, from yourdescription its sounds like your kid is way younger. Urine test can be performed on relatively younger kids but i believe still its atleast 6-7years old). Some of these decisions of performing xray/bloodtest etccan change based on family medical history etc.
he Just cmpleted 3 years we are going tomorrow!

Kevin1987

Nov 7, 2016
Help pleaseeeeeee

Hi there, I received ITA last week. But while filling my application I realise something which may result in my application being refused. My work permit expired on 20 July 2015, but I considered myself on implied status since I send an application for work permit extention before the expiry date. However, my application got returned on 20 August 2015, saying that a fee of 155$ was missing. That was weird because the copy of the receipts was in the return application envelop and I also have copies of the e-receipts which demonstrated that I paid both a fees of $100 and $155 for processing the application.

I immediately send another application for work permit and explain the situation. I stopped on 30th September 2015 and leaved Canada on the same date. I got a refusal letter for the work permit one year later, i.e, September 2016 via email.

Technically it means that I have worked illegally from 20 July 2015 to 30 September.

Please advise me how do I should I explained this in the explanation letter to the immigration officer and what is the chance that we might refused my PR application because of this.

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hello and good day. I just received my GCMS and I am kind of worried on this part:

ASSESSMENT ATTRIBUTES

EDUCATION
Client Highest Level of Education: 2yr post-sec credential
Spouse Highest Level of Education: Secon/HS credential incomplete

I am the principal applicant. I did not apply ECA for my wife. Then I checked my submitted e-APR, HS Educ of my wife is not indicated. But I remember I did input it before. Is there anyone who can give me some advice about this? I'm worried that my application might be rejected just because of this. Thank you.