Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-16
AOR Received.
19-01-16
Med's Done....
26-01-16
hey guys. just a quick question. when they say upload passport copies. Is it okay to upload photocopies of passport for this section? or is it mandatory to upload original passport scan pdf?

Lucky777

May 5, 2011
HI there,
I created express entry profile and submitted it. got EE# but got this message as:
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

Dear
Express Entry Profile:
You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also apply directly to a province or territory through the
Find out more about immigrating to Canada on .
Date:
Email:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
IMM 5788 (11-2014) E GCMS (DISPONIBLE EN FRANÇAIS - IMM 5788 F)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be

I have already entered valid language test, work experience everything they asked. But, message came like this. I rechecked my profile many times, and found the information I entered is correct and saved. Moreover, there is option to update my profile. So, anyone please advise me what went wrong, how to fix it.
expecting for your help.
thankx

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hav a query on funds proof
My bank is canara bank and I m showing the balance and statement from tht bank .
They gave me statement and balance certificate on plain a4 paper mentioning all details of bank like phone no. Address and all other details mentioned in help icon...
The only problem is they are not giving on bank letter head
Please suggest whther the balance certificate and sttement would be OK on plain a4 paper signed by manager with bank seal on it

candytk

Jul 22, 2015
Hello,

I got Aor on the 22nd of January, medical changed to review in progress on the 27th of Jan. 2016. the hospital contacted me that I need to carry our further test as directed by cic. got a ghost mail on the 30th of January.

since then medical and eligibility has been on review in progress.

medical test carried out requires 10 weeks for result to be ready.

my question goes thus " will cic continue with background check, interview and other stages before I pass medial or will cic have to wait for me to pass medical ie medical result must be ready before they proceed with other stages like backgrd check, interview... etc? "

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
praneeth49 said:
Hi ,

I have 2.7 years of experience ,so my question is how many points would I get under experience section out of 25.

If I wait till my completion of 3.0 years what would be my points(experience section out of 25) exactly on the day of 3rd year and after that

Thanks
Upload the scanned copy of the "original Passport".

yxlxh

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Experts,

In the process of filling the online forms after ITA, I have some questions as follows. May some experts help me to give a few answers? Thank you so much.

1. I had a refused and closed application to Nova Scotia Province Nominee Program 3 years ago and the reason of refusal is the settlement and employment plan did not meet the eligibility criteria. It was a paper-based application and all the paper documents I submitted were returned. I addressed honestly my previous application in the process of applying SINP (Saskatchewan’s PNP) and passed the SINP. Now I am preparing to apply for permanent residence under the Saskatchewan’s PNP.

How to answer the following two questions in EE’s form?
a)
Has XXX you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (Y/N)

b)
Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? (Y/N)

2. For my former government position (as a policeman) 17 years ago which is not related with my NOC(National Occupational Classification), will I be required by CIC to provide a certificate or reference letter about it?

3. For my wife’s travel history, she cannot provide documents like visa to prove it. Will she be asked to provide her visa by CIC about the travelling?

She cannot prove her travel history because she held official passport of her employer for a business trip and she returned it back after her business trip.

4. Mailing address
If I will have a chance of receiving PPR(passport request) in the future, will I be asked to provide a more reliable address which will be used to receive the stamped passport? Or will they just use the mailing address I filled in EE form to mail the visa?

5. Education experience
If I have university’s degrees, do I need to provide my second period study like middle school?

6. I will not upload my wife’s reference letter because she has been working outside Canada and that could not give me any extra CRS points. But I will fill my wife’s work experience in the work history subcategory of EE form honestly to avoid being suspected of misrepresenting.
I will upload a letter of explanation in the corresponding placeholder. Please help me to consider whether the following explanation is acceptable?

Her work experiences were received outside Canada and cannot give me any CRS points. It is a little difficult for her to get reference letters. If you need more documents to identify her work experiences, she will collect and upload them with her best efforts after your request for them.

7. In the personal activities subcategory, if I fill two periods of time like the following, will it be considered leaving gap in time and will be asked to fill the gap?

XXX – 2013/5 XXX
2013/6- now XXX

8. Do I need to scan and prove the visa page and the blank pages of my passport?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Lucky777 said:
HI there,
I created express entry profile and submitted it. got EE# but got this message as:
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

Dear
Express Entry Profile:
You are not eligible for Express Entry
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
You can also apply directly to a province or territory through the
Find out more about immigrating to Canada on .
Date:
Email:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
IMM 5788 (11-2014) E GCMS (DISPONIBLE EN FRANÇAIS - IMM 5788 F)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

I have already entered valid language test, work experience everything they asked. But, message came like this. I rechecked my profile many times, and found the information I entered is correct and saved. Moreover, there is option to update my profile. So, anyone please advise me what went wrong, how to fix it.
expecting for your help.
thankx
Could you please post your profile so that I or someone else can take a look and see why you are getting the ineligibility message?

Please provide the details as asked in the below link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

English and/or French skills
Education
Experience
Adaptability

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yxlxh said:
Hi Experts,

In the process of filling the online forms after ITA, I have some questions as follows. May some experts help me to give a few answers? Thank you so much.

1. I had a refused and closed application to Nova Scotia Province Nominee Program 3 years ago and the reason of refusal is the settlement and employment plan did not meet the eligibility criteria. It was a paper-based application and all the paper documents I submitted were returned. I addressed honestly my previous application in the process of applying SINP (Saskatchewan’s PNP) and passed the SINP. Now I am preparing to apply for permanent residence under the Saskatchewan’s PNP.

How to answer the following two questions in EE’s form?
a)
Has XXX you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (Y/N)

IMO, you should answer "Yes" for this question.

b)
Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country? (Y/N)

IMO, you should answer "No" for this question.

2. For my former government position (as a policeman) 17 years ago which is not related with my NOC(National Occupational Classification), will I be required by CIC to provide a certificate or reference letter about it?

Not at all. You only need to provide reference letters for the jobs that you are claiming points for. This was 17 years ago and this will not even be required in the personal history section.

3. For my wife’s travel history, she cannot provide documents like visa to prove it. Will she be asked to provide her visa by CIC about the traveling?

She cannot prove her travel history because she held official passport of her employer for a business trip and she returned it back after her business trip.

Usually, the PA and the dependents need to upload only the biographic pages of the passport. Passports are usually issued by the governments and not the employers. In any case, you can write a LOE and outline your situation. You cannot provide what you don't have, isn't it? :)

4. Mailing address
If I will have a chance of receiving PPR(passport request) in the future, will I be asked to provide a more reliable address which will be used to receive the stamped passport? Or will they just use the mailing address I filled in EE form to mail the visa?

What do you mean by "reliable address"? Once you get PPR, you will send your PP to the concerned VO. People usually take the services of VFS to send and receive their passports. Please clarify what you mean by "reliable address"?

5. Education experience
If I have university’s degrees, do I need to provide my second period study like middle school?

Not at all.

6. I will not upload my wife’s reference letter because she has been working outside Canada and that could not give me any extra CRS points. But I will fill my wife’s work experience in the work history subcategory of EE form honestly to avoid being suspected of misrepresenting.
I will upload a letter of explanation in the corresponding placeholder. Please help me to consider whether the following explanation is acceptable?

Her work experiences were received outside Canada and cannot give me any CRS points. It is a little difficult for her to get reference letters. If you need more documents to identify her work experiences, she will collect and upload them with her best efforts after your request for them.

You don't have to fill your wife's experience in the work history section. You can just retain it in the personal history section. This will NOT amount to misrepresentation.

The work history section and the education history section are purely for the calculation of your points so keep anything that does not give you points out of it.

7. In the personal activities subcategory, if I fill two periods of time like the following, will it be considered leaving gap in time and will be asked to fill the gap?

XXX – 2013/5 XXX
2013/6- now XXX

Is it only YYYY/MM or is it YYYY/MM/DD? If it is the latter, then do NOT leave gap of even one day. You might be asked to submit a Schedule A later in the application process if you leave gaps in your personal history.

8. Do I need to scan and prove the visa page and the blank pages of my passport?

No. Generally, it is sufficient if you submit the biographic pages of your passport.

afuaamoako

Jul 21, 2011
My score is not being updated to include my spouse's details. The first time I submitted, I submitted without my wife's information. So I updated the form - but the scores remain the same, without the additional scores for my wife. If has been a week since I did the updates. My wife is already a permanent resident and lives in Canada. Is this why I am not getting credit for her scores??

Evernabin

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
I came to know that hard copy (not quite sure because some say WES will send electronic copy) of ECA has to be directly sent to Ontario govt by WES for PNP program. So is it the requirement for primary applicant or for dependent spouse as well? will electronic copy be fine?

P.S. I have claimed CRS points for my wife's education too. Thanks in advance.

von0904

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Singapore
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
App received: 23-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charge: 20-02-2015; PER 14-03-2015
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Is POF needed by the time of application/registration in EE?

Or is my understanding is correct that we only need the following at the initial stage:
-primary applicant's IELTS and WES certificate
-wife's IELTS and WES certificate

rajkamalmohanram said:
Could you please post your profile so that I or someone else can take a look and see why you are getting the ineligibility message?

Please provide the details as asked in the below link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

English and/or French skills
Education
Experience
Adaptability

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
afuaamoako said:
My score is not being updated to include my spouse's details. The first time I submitted, I submitted without my wife's information. So I updated the form - but the scores remain the same, without the additional scores for my wife. If has been a week since I did the updates. My wife is already a permanent resident and lives in Canada. Is this why I am not getting credit for her scores??
What kind of details are you entering? If your wife is already a PR, her details on the application are purely for administrative purposes. You can mention that you are married and mark your wife as "non-accompanying" so that you will be treated as a single applicant and awarded points accordingly!

yxlxh

Jul 14, 2015
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

Thank you very much for your clear answers in detail.

For the question 4 as follows:

The "reliable address" in my question means the address which I can receive the stamped passports safely and the passports cannot be lost because of the unclear address. From the information on the Internet, CIC use Regular Mail to send the passport and it cannot be tracked. Some people’s passport was lost in my country because the address is not clear or the mailperson cannot recognize the English address correctly (the official language in my country do not include English). And in my country, maybe there are not the services of VFS.

My current address have such a problem. So, how could I solve this problem?

yxlxh

Jul 14, 2015
Hi rajkamalmohanram and other experts,

I have another question related to my conditions I mentioned in my previous post when I filled the EE online forms today.

How to answer the followingquestions in the "Immigration history and citizenships " subcategory of EE forms?

Has XXX applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before? (Y/N)?

Thank you so much.