+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
peterkc said:
One more question please, what category requires proof of funds and what category doesnt require proof of funds? am not sure what category under which my application falls? one thing i remember is that my application mets the requirements for fswp and cec. although i provided proof of funds when i submitted initiall, i just need to be double sure. thanks.
please what do you think?
CEC applicants and any other applicant with a LMIA backed job offer need not show Proof of funds. Everyone else need to show POF.

yxlxh

Jul 14, 2015
Dear rajkamalmohanram,

I have some questions after I got an ITA in Express Entry.

1. Where to upload an IELTS report? It seems no such a placeholder.

2. My wife’s education history cannot give me any CRS points because they are gained outside Canada and she didn’t apply for an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) . I declared them in EE, and then EE asked me to upload some documents about them. Could I just delete all her education history in online forms to avoid documents demanding?

3. I found I cannot upload more than one document. How could solve this problem? Merge two pdfs (like original proof documents and its notarial certificate with English translation) into one pdf or put them into one compressed file (like rar file)?

4. EE suggests uploading pay stubs but not obligatory. Do you think it is worthwhile to collect pay stubs? If the answer is yes, how many pay stubs should I collect and upload?

5. For “Proof of Means of Financial Support”, EE requires:
a) list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
b) list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
c) be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

In my “proof of funds” from a bank, there is only enough money I saved and no debts records. There is also no contact information of the bank (address, telephone number and e-mail address) and the bank could not put the contact information on it.

Will it be acceptable by CIC?

Thank you very much for you kind help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yxlxh said:
Dear rajkamalmohanram,

I have some questions after I got an ITA in Express Entry.

1. Where to upload an IELTS report? It seems no such a placeholder.

There's no separate placeholder for IELTS TRF. You can upload it along with your academic documents.

2. My wife’s education history cannot give me any CRS points because they are gained outside Canada and she didn’t apply for an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) . I declared them in EE, and then EE asked me to upload some documents about them. Could I just delete all her education history in online forms to avoid documents demanding?

Yes

3. I found I cannot upload more than one document. How could solve this problem? Merge two pdfs (like original proof documents and its notarial certificate with English translation) into one pdf or put them into one compressed file (like rar file)?

You need to have all your documents in a single PDF and upload that. I don't think other formats are supported.

4. EE suggests uploading pay stubs but not obligatory. Do you think it is worthwhile to collect pay stubs? If the answer is yes, how many pay stubs should I collect and upload?

Pay stubs are not mandatory documents but they are good to have. if you want to upload it, you can upload the last 3 months' pay stubs.

5. For “Proof of Means of Financial Support”, EE requires:
a) list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
b) list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
c) be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

In my “proof of funds” from a bank, there is only enough money I saved and no debts records. There is also no contact information of the bank (address, telephone number and e-mail address) and the bank could not put the contact information on it.

Will it be acceptable by CIC?

Usually, applicants get a letter from the bank along with 6 months statements stamped by the bank. You can try asking your bank to give a letter on their letterhead that mentions your name, account number, date of account opening and the amount of funds. If the bank disagrees, you can try to get this letter on a plain paper and get it notarized. Along with that, you can get 6 months statements stamped by the bank!

Thank you very much for you kind help.

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
I'm completing my e-APR now, and my question relates to the following:

- as you know, personal history section asks you to provide information on any position held in government at any time, as well as the time spent in military service at any time. I have over 3 years of experience in government (middle level position), and over 4 years in military (military officer performing purely civil duties, as anyone working in ministry of defense, no matter what he did, had to have military rank). The job in both positions was full time, 40 hours per week and it was paid. I can also get reference letters from all the supervisors there.

As you also know, when completing the personal history, under "Activity type" it suggests you a number of options, among which are "employment", "military" and "government". Now, as I suppose, when completing this part of my application in personal history, when mentioning my work in government I should choose "Government", and when mentioning my military work, I need to mention "Military", correct?

I also want to claim points for the experience in government and in military. Do you think it is possible. I mean do you think IRSS considers work in government and in military as foreign experience and awards points for it?

I would really appreciate your help with my issue.

Thank you for your time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Virab555 said:
I'm completing my e-APR now, and my question relates to the following:

- as you know, personal history section asks you to provide information on any position held in government at any time, as well as the time spent in military service at any time. I have over 3 years of experience in government (middle level position), and over 4 years in military (military officer performing purely civil duties, as anyone working in ministry of defense, no matter what he did, had to have military rank). The job in both positions was full time, 40 hours per week and it was paid. I can also get reference letters from all the supervisors there.

As you also know, when completing the personal history, under "Activity type" it suggests you a number of options, among which are "employment", "military" and "government". Now, as I suppose, when completing this part of my application in personal history, when mentioning my work in government I should choose "Government", and when mentioning my military work, I need to mention "Military", correct?

Yes.

I also want to claim points for the experience in government and in military. Do you think it is possible. I mean do you think IRSS considers work in government and in military as foreign experience and awards points for it?

As long as the roles and responsibilities match the roles of any NOC that falls under 0/A/B category, you can claim points for that work experience (as long as it was paid and your work can be verified).

I would really appreciate your help with my issue.

Thank you for your time.

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Could you please what you mean "the work can be verified"? If I provide letter of reference, do you think it is OK to verify the work?

Also, I emailed my responsibilities to NOC, and they got back to me with a certain NOC. Do you think I can rely on them?

Thanks again

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Virab555 said:
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Could you please what you mean "the work can be verified"? If I provide letter of reference, do you think it is OK to verify the work?

Also, I emailed my responsibilities to NOC, and they got back to me with a certain NOC. Do you think I can rely on them?

Thanks again
1) Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
2) IMO, their opinion (about) the NOC is reliable.

mahfuzul80

Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29-01-2016 (Passed)
Dear Mates,

I made an mistake during paying my RPRF fee. I had an understanding that I could pay this fee using MyCIC account. So I just follow the RPRF request letter instruction as below -

"Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account."

So I uploaded the RPRF request letter, transmitting the documents and seeking option for making additional payments. Later, I discovered that I should pay using different channel and should upload the payment receipt and then should submit.

Now I really got worried regarding this issue. Please suggest if I did any wrong taking the following steps -

I open a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) at Singapore office and provided a LOE attaching my payment receipt, RPRF request letter and request them to forward it to concerned visa/case officer.

Did I do any wrong? Do you have any other suggestions for me?

grace2015

May 8, 2015
Hello,
I live and work in Canada for 1.5years and am now applying for my PR.
I'm at the profile section where it is asking how much funds will I bring with me to Canada.
If I am already here and working how much should I put in?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks! :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
grace2015 said:
Hello,
I'm at the profile section where it is asking how much funds will I bring with me to Canada.
This is what the requirement says 'Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.' http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
- you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
- you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
grace2015 said:
Hello,
You might be eligible under CEC. If you are invited to apply under CEC, you need not show POF.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it mandatory to have IELTS scores valid for ATLEAST 1 year from the day I submit my documents for EE? I had my test results for IELTS from Oct 2, 2014 and submitted my documents for EE on Feb 12, 2016. Technically, my IELTS scores are valid up to Oct 2016.

Kindly, suggest whether I have to re-take IELTS and provide the new scores to IRCC to attach to my file or do the current scores suffice?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshakelly said:
Is it mandatory to have IELTS scores valid for ATLEAST 1 year from the day I submit my documents for EE? I had my test results for IELTS from Oct 2, 2014 and submitted my documents for EE on Feb 12, 2016. Technically, my IELTS scores are valid up to Oct 2016.

Kindly, suggest whether I have to re-take IELTS and provide the new scores to IRCC to attach to my file or do the current scores suffice?
Language test is valid for 2 years. Hence no need to re-take. This is my understanding.

ak595

Jan 21, 2015
I have a question here..

If I apply for PNP in Ontario under Employer driven stream, then will I get extra 600 points in my EE profile?