+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SarinRees said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram,
Could you kindly assist me with the following queries.

1) If I am the principal applicant (with spouse) for the Express Entry FSW program, and I intend to take my wife along with me if ‘invited to apply' for PR, I understand that I would get a PR visa if my application for PR is approved, but will my wife also get a PR visa when we immigrate? What will be her visa status and is she allowed to work in Canada under that visa?

2) Is there a minimum period within which I should find employment in Canada, when we immigrate under the Express Entry FSW program?

Thank you :D
I have already answered your question on another topic. Please find the answer there!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PayalD said:
Hi

I want some clarification on the wages.
Is it compulsory to have a minimum wage acc to your occupation so as to qualify for FSW under express entry ?
And does the same rule hold true for PNP as well ?
Pls share the link to get information on the same.

Thank You
I think the minimum wage matters only if you were/are working in Canada. If you have work experience outside of Canada, I don't think you need to meet that requirement because there is no common 'minimum wage' for the World. It differs from place to place. Same goes for PNP. I'm not sure if I can provide a link for this! You can confirm with senior members if you wish to.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Question about profile and primary occupation:

I've read here on the forum that your primary occupation should be the same NOC which you are claiming points for.

In my case, that would be Sales Supervisor 6211, but my approved LMIA is for retail store manager 0621.

Will that work?? I mean, it's a bit illogical that my primary occupation is "lower" than the one which I'm working in now... But still then, how to create a profile successfully (without being ineligible)?

mojuni

Sep 8, 2011
mod2014 said:
Send reminders regularly (in polite way) after every 6 days.

I did the same and got result in 10 weeks and 3 days.
Thanks... I got my ECA and have successfully created my profile. My score is 348. Hope this is not that less to expect ITA? Any one who got ITA with this score can encourage me.

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mojuni said:
Thanks... I got my ECA and have successfully created my profile. My score is 348. Hope this is not that less to expect ITA? Any one who got ITA with this score can encourage me.

Thanks,
The lowest score for which an ITA was issued till date is 450. You can try to improve your score by getting CLB-9 in IELTS (8777 LRWS).
Good luck!

MAFSANCHEZ

Sep 29, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hi, I am very interested to apply to the express entry program and first of all I have to take the IELTS exam to prove my english knowledge. I am married and my wife is also going to work there, but only one of us will be the principal in the application. To start the process what is better, to both of us have the IELTS grades in the beggining or could the principal candidate can take it to apply and then we can update the application with the spouse grades??? This only is for the cost of it, because here in Dominican Republic the IELTS exam costs 400 USD each. Thanks for the response. Regards

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
DazedDave said:
Hi,

My score stands at 367. 17 draws have been made so far - last draw for 450 and above. What do you think are the chances of my application getting picked up at all?

Regards
FYI, your inbox is full.

andreyx108

Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have calculated my score.

Seems like I am getting about 470.

My profile:
IT Business Analyst/IT Project Manager
IELTS S8 R9 L9 W7 (Taken April 18th 2015)
Work Experience: 6 years
Education: 3 year bachelor in the UK, + Masters in the UK + Masters in Germany

Wife:

IELTS: S8 L8 R8 W7.

Do you think I've a good chance?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Dave I am trying to send PM to you but your inbox is full and getting error message.

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have received ITA and was filling my application. I have couple of questions and would appreciate if anyone of you can answer them:

1. I have got my ECA for my Bachelor and Masters and have filled the same in the education section of the form. Do I need to add my secondary school education in the form. I do not have ECA for secondary school

2. I am the principal applicant and my spouse would be accompanying me to Canada. I did fill her work ex in EE Profile but I didnt get any points for that. Do I need to fill her work experience details in my application form as I have the option to delete pre filled experience lines. I am afraid that if i do not delete than it will appear in the list of documents required to be uploaded. I do not have strong experience certificate for my spouse's work ex.

Please suggest what should i do

Thanks

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hi Asivad,

Just one query I have.

For ECA purpose, I chose the country of study as UK so that my degrees are properly assessed.

However, in EE profile i would have to add "country of study" as Pakistan as I studied them in Pakistan.

Would this cause any discrepancy?

Please do let me have your input.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameer_mobin said:
Hi Asivad,

Just one query I have.

For ECA purpose, I chose the country of study as UK so that my degrees are properly assessed.

However, in EE profile i would have to add "country of study" as Pakistan as I studied them in Pakistan.

Would this cause any discrepancy?

Please do let me have your input.
This will actually save you some headache. If you had chosen 'country of study' as UK, you would've been prompted for a UK PCC after your ITA.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
This will actually save you some headache. If you had chosen 'country of study' as UK, you would've been prompted for a UK PCC after your ITA.
Thankyou Asivad. Noted.

So if I understand you correctly, I should choose UK for "Country of completion" and Pakistan for "Country of Study". It would give me an advantage in terms of gathering documentation and saves me some time.

One last query I want to ask:-

I have a Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA). From British Columbia. I just got accepted as a member recently. I never worked there. I attained while studying in Qatar. Is there any place in my EE Profile where I can present that I also have a Canadian CPA. There is a place to present "Certificate of Qualification" but its for "trades (chefs, technicians etc.)" (NOC-B) not for my NOC.

Please do let me know.

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Reposting as I didnt get a response. Its a little urgent sirs..

I got my ITA on the 18th and immediately initiated work on PCCs for me and spouse. In my case I will need PCCs from 4 countries including RCMP and home country as i lived for more than 6 months in these countries. I have a few issues on which i need some opinion of Gurus -
1. I am currently in Canada and my wife is in India. Can we apply separately for PCCs and medicals? If yes where can i find resources to ensure my wife can followup on RCMP PCC and medicals from India?
2. What do i do next on MyCIC profile?
3. How, when and where do I pay the fees?
4. Where can I obtain a personalized document checklist to understand what I need to arrange for the next few weeks?
5. Any other tips and tricks that Gurus have?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameer_mobin said:
Thankyou Asivad. Noted.

So if I understand you correctly, I should choose UK for "Country of completion" and Pakistan for "Country of Study". It would give me an advantage in terms of gathering documentation and saves me some time.

One last query I want to ask:-

I have a Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA). From British Columbia. I just got accepted as a member recently. I never worked there. I attained while studying in Qatar. Is there any place in my EE Profile where I can present that I also have a Canadian CPA. There is a place to present "Certificate of Qualification" but its for "trades (chefs, technicians etc.)" (NOC-B) not for my NOC.

Please do let me know.
CPA is a professional qualification and you cannot enter it anywhere in your EE profile.