Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tariq11 said:
Dear Asivad,

I am writing to seek for an advice regarding my recent Express Entry application in specific related to my education section.

I have obtained 2 years of Higher National Diploma in Hospitality from UK College which is recognised for fast track for higher studies. Based on this I have selected a top-up one year programme from University to obtain Bachelor's degree. As per ECA report that I received the degree is equivalent to 4 years as per Canadian standards.

I need your advice on how to break down the institutions and years of study, and what would be more appropriate to select in education section: BACHELOR'S DEGREE or TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES (Since I am also holding a two years Post-Secondary Diploma from Canadian College)

Thanks
You can choose 'Two or more...' option only if your overall equivalence summary is 4 year Bachelors and you have a post-Bachelors/postgraduate diploma from a Canadian college.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Please, can somebody give me some explanation about the LMIA document. My husband is electrical engineer, and got a job offer from a company, and they are willing to do all the LMIA prices.
My question is next: Would there be any problem about the LMIA, considering the fact that this is licenced profession.
Thanks in advanced.

Indiansailor

Aug 15, 2015
Dear Asivad,

We have 3 members in the family.
Principal applicant
Common law partener
Child below age of 5

What kind of medical we have to do
We have not received ita yet
But have a crs score 465

Can we go for upfront medical even before receiving an ita.

Medical should be non ede worker type for all of us?

Please guide

Thankss

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiansailor said:
Dear Asivad,

We have 3 members in the family.
Principal applicant
Common law partener
Child below age of 5

What kind of medical we have to do
We have not received ita yet
But have a crs score 465

Can we go for upfront medical even before receiving an ita.

Medical should be non ede worker type for all of us?

Please guide

Thankss
Recommend that you schedule Medicals soon after getting your ITA and closer to post ITA submissions.

For the PA, it would be non EDE Worker category while for other applicants it will be EDE Family category.

EDE exemption for spouse/common-law partner & children ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/definitions.asp

bharatkum69

Aug 2, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for the clarification. I have one more question.

I have applied for EE and met the minimum criteria. I received an message saying to register for job bank, I even did that. After that I received another message saying "Congratulations! You have been accepted to the Express Entry pool of candidates."

But my JOB Bank Registration status is till pending What should I do now?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bharatkum69 said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for the clarification. I have one more question.

I have applied for EE and met the minimum criteria. I received an message saying to register for job bank, I even did that. After that I received another message saying "Congratulations! You have been accepted to the Express Entry pool of candidates."

But my JOB Bank Registration status is till pending What should I do now?

Thanks.
Give it 24 hours. This is normal.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bharatkum69 said:
What are the chances for 397 score? If possible how long will it take?
Almost certainly no chances in 2015. Anything below 400 appears to be a challenging score because there are too many people in that zone. Try to improve your score to mid 400s or higher.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Good day! I just want to ask if ever I created my Express Entry Profile in CIC does it show if I'm eligible for the EE pool candidates before submitting it? Or I need to submit it first before I can see if I'm eligible.

Indiansailor

Aug 15, 2015
Dear asivad,

Thank you very much for replying

I think i have done a mistake
My wife has not yet gone for upfront medical she is the principal applicant

Myself as spouse i have undergone upfront medical
But doctor told me u must also undergo as worker non ede type medical so i did that
I have to complete my medical because i was joining ship

My baby medical is still remaining

So it will be ok if common spouse has also done non ede worker type medical

Thankss

MonaInCanada

Aug 12, 2015
Hi Asivad:

I need some help about reference letter and proof of funds.

- Work reference letter:
As I realized, it requires duties/responsibilities in my reference letter. However, the reference letter I got only describe my position as a Software Designer. Is it good enough? And also my manager said that is the company employment letter format, he can't add anything else to it.

- Proof of funds:
I have account with TD. I went to two branches and both of them said they don't provide official letter as the cic required. They don't even want to print bank statement for me since I have online banking. Eventually, I got a profile page with my name, account number and current balance (stamped by branch). I also print six months online bank statements for both saving and chequing account. It is enough?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiansailor said:
Dear asivad,

Thank you very much for replying

I think i have done a mistake
My wife has not yet gone for upfront medical she is the principal applicant

Myself as spouse i have undergone upfront medical
But doctor told me u must also undergo as worker non ede type medical so i did that
I have to complete my medical because i was joining ship

My baby medical is still remaining

So it will be ok if common spouse has also done non ede worker type medical

Thankss
I'm not sure about this at all in the light of recent developments. Not sure if it should be EDE Family or Non-EDE Worker. The clinic should know best.

Summerin69

Mar 30, 2015
Summerin69 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for a PR under Express entry.I will be 34yrs next month,Single and working in USA on H1-B.I have over 11 years of experience in IT.
My domian is telecom and worked in 3 companies until now.Have worked in NOC,in bandwidth management and now working as a tech lead in testing with my current employer through which I am in USA.I have a question on how to make my employment reference letter.Will I have to get my employment letter from all previous companies or is it enough if i give an experience in my current company(Working with my current employer since Nov 2011).

Also,My Ielts score is 6.Will I have to take it again?

Can someone guide me through this please?

Regards

gupti

Jun 28, 2014
Hi All,

I had a quick question about the medicals. We had them done at the approved place in London and when I got the upfront medical form and the full medical both mine and my wife's say non ede (under IME category) and worker (under upfront category type). I am the main applicant and its for FSW PR. From what I can see the medicals are the same things that are assessed but any guidance on this would be much appreciated as I don't know if we are in the right category or if it matters?

Cheers,

Gup

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey 2 questions.
1) I have an lmia am I right in saying I don't need to register for jobbank?
2) I am gonna my ITA in next round I hope just made my express entry profile scoreing mid 900 my question is for cec when I show my financial background of I have a loan? Will this cause me to be declined?