+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Is photos (self & Family members) needed for Express Entry.

If yes! then please let me know the photographs specifications.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:
Is photos (self & Family members) needed for Express Entry.

If yes! then please let me know the photographs specifications.
Yes. Find details below.

Digital photos

Purpose

To confirm identity

Document requirements

Digital photos meeting CIC’s permanent resident card photo specifications (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf) must be provided.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Their dependent children, including non-accompanying

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
I started working in Canada from 1st August 2013.

I created my express Entry profile on 1st February 2015.

My Scores were 447, but suddenly on the 1st July 2015 scores increased to 458. (Even though I was one-month short for 2year Canadian experience)

On 17th July I got the ITA, I may submit my Application by 15th August 2015.

Just wondering why the system is providing extra points with one-month shortage.

Will it be a misrepresentation if I Apply?, because at ITA I still have 13 days shortage for 2years Canadian experience. But at time of e-application to PR, I would have had more than 2years Canadian experience.

I would appreciate if some seniors or knowledgeable person explain or guide the present condition regarding what to do.

Thanks for your time

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
Srinivasa2013 said:

I created my express Entry profile on 1st February 2015.

My Scores were 447, but suddenly on the 1st July 2015 scores increased to 458. (Even though I was one-month short for 2year Canadian experience)

On 17th July I got the ITA, I may submit my Application by 15th August 2015.

Just wondering why the system is providing extra points with one-month shortage.

Will it be a misrepresentation if I Apply?, because at ITA I still have 13 days shortage for 2years Canadian experience. But at time of e-application to PR, I would have had more than 2years Canadian experience.

I would appreciate if some seniors or knowledgeable person explain or guide the present condition regarding what to do.

Thanks for your time
it says in the ita "if your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score before you decide to apply for permanent ..." so i guess if you submit your application by aug15 then it's valid since by the time you apply you're already well past your 2nd year. im not an expert, just happen to be reading my ita :D

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
Hey

I have updated my profile with LMIa BUT I DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY POINTS so far..Its been more than 15 hours,

Do you know why??

alessandroV

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Find details below.
Hi guys,
about this topic, submitting my online application to CIC right now after collecting my docs (60 days are almost passed by) I discovered changes in my two kids requirements. Until a couple of days ago they were asking for photo, birth certificate, medical exam and passport for each. Now they are only asking their passports... I have all of those docs but i don't know if they are still required. Maybe they changed the system by the way???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alessandroV said:
Hi guys,
about this topic, submitting my online application to CIC right now after collecting my docs (60 days are almost passed by) I discovered changes in my two kids requirements. Until a couple of days ago they were asking for photo, birth certificate, medical exam and passport for each. Now they are only asking their passports... I have all of those docs but i don't know if they are still required. Maybe they changed the system by the way???
Birth certificate, medicals, digital photographs and passports are mandatory requirements for dependent children. Upload all the documents you have - might be a technical glitch again.

Check here for documents list ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

alessandroV

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Birth certificate, medicals, digital photographs and passports are mandatory requirements for dependent children. Upload all the documents you have - might be a technical glitch again.

Check here for documents list ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
So the best to do is waiting for them to solve the issue. I have just 10 days left... Just to let you know, once uploaded all required documents listed, the "next" button appear on that page so it means that I can go forward.. but I don't because of that issue. What do you suggest about it?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alessandroV said:
So the best to do is waiting for them to solve the issue. I have just 10 days left... Just to let you know, once uploaded all required documents listed, the "next" button appear on that page so it means that I can go forward.. but I don't because of that issue. What do you suggest about it?
I believe CIC did some maintenance work earlier today - there was a 2 hour downtime. Recommend that you wait for a couple of days to see if the system behaves itself and try sending CIC a technical inquiry on this one.

If there is no response (and I suspect there won't be an immediate response), upload everything as 1 document under the available placeholder and use an LOE to explain the technical glitch.

You will have to 'transmit' the information and pay the fees to successfully complete submission.

All the best!

c_kaivalya

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

I have few queries for filling my express entry application

1. Do I need to enter my old passport details or just the valid passport is fine?

2. I had traveled to Montreal for my organization for a period of 1 month in the end of 2014 do I need to mention that I have applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada or is it only for express entry? during the travel I used the old passport.

Thanks in advance.

itsmubi

Aug 2, 2015
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Doc's Request.
29-11-2017
Nomination.....
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
29-01-2018
Hi,

i'm confused about Filling about education. i have 4 years bachelors Degree and then 2 years Masters degree in same field. WES have given me assessment of Masters Degree. on MY CIC profile. should i enter only masters degree or all degrees and certificates i.e. Masters, bachelors and higher secondary?

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
c_kaivalya said:
Hi,

I have few queries for filling my express entry application

1. Do I need to enter my old passport details or just the valid passport is fine?
Just the current passport should be fine

2. I had traveled to Montreal for my organization for a period of 1 month in the end of 2014 do I need to mention that I have applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada or is it only for express entry? during the travel I used the old passport.
You would need to mention this. You can upload the stamps from the previous passport along with current passport just to be on the safe side
Thanks in advance.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
itsmubi said:
Hi,

i'm confused about Filling about education. i have 4 years bachelors Degree and then 2 years Masters degree in same field. WES have given me assessment of Masters Degree. on MY CIC profile. should i enter only masters degree or all degrees and certificates i.e. Masters, bachelors and higher secondary?
Enter both Masters and Bachelors.

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013

For 31st July 2014, its 1year Canadian work experience.

For 31st July 2015, Its 2year Canadian Work experience.

I saw in this forum that Express entry system is recognizing 1year 11months 1day as 2year Canadian Work Experience and providing score for that. Same has happened to me as well.

on July 1st 2015 I got 11points more inspite of the correct information in my profile.

on July 17th 2015 I got ITA, I do not know whether its system error or its CIC policy to provide points earlier.

Should I apply or not for eAPR? Please help

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Srinivasa2013 said:

For 31st July 2014, its 1year Canadian work experience.

For 31st July 2015, Its 2year Canadian Work experience.

I saw in this forum that Express entry system is recognizing 1year 11months 1day as 2year Canadian Work Experience and providing score for that. Same has happened to me as well.

on July 1st 2015 I got 11points more inspite of the correct information in my profile.

on July 17th 2015 I got ITA, I do not know whether its system error or its CIC policy to provide points earlier.

Should I apply or not for eAPR? Please help
If you take those extra points out does your score fall below the minimum?