+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Gks

Jun 18, 2015
In wes i have applied for new degree certificate from university..i have provisional degree certificate..hence in wes what i have to feed under year of certificate received.

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Hi guys, I need your help!

I got my ITA last Friday scoring 469 points. Considering that I got an ITA with some concerns below. However, I need urgent advice on the following:

1. I declared my work experience from 2009 to 2012 under NOC 1111 with 2 different employers. However, my work for 2013 to present does not totally matched to NOC 1111 (Financial Auditors and Accountants). I know this may be a silly question but being in this kind of situation, I just want to make sure that I'll go through this process smoothly, What will be the effect upon submission of all documents?

I wondered if CIC may ask what have I done for years 2013 to 2015. However, logically, I just declared my work experience that matches my NOC.

2 Is a work reference letter from the immediate superior (with all the company headings, etc.) sufficient enough? My declared work experiences were way back 3-5 years ago, so the payslip is not relevant anymore.

Hoping for your helpful tips.

Strygwyr

Jun 29, 2015
hello,

i am having confusion on filling out information for completing my mycic account. i am from Nepal.

1. do i need to mention all of my education detail or only my latest.
2. there is also the part of provinces and territories of Interest, if i check on All Provinces and Territories then what should i do with this:
(I authorize the British Columbia Ministry of Jobs, Tourism & Skills Training to collect from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) all of the information contained in my Express Entry submission that CIC is authorized to disclose to British Columbia under s. 10.4 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the purpose of considering my submission and allowing third parties to consider my submission for selection under Express Entry British Columbia.)

3. an about the Complete/full academic years . according my ECA i have 1st completion of a college level certificate(one year), Diploma(two years), Three years of post secondary study at a non-recognized institution, master's degree(one year). schooling up to 10 and Cambridge A level (2 years)

i thank you all in advance for all your responses. i am new to all this so i don't really understand all this.

Nitin

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strygwyr said:
hello,

i am having confusion on filling out information for completing my mycic account. i am from Nepal.

1. do i need to mention all of my education detail or only my latest.

If you have a Bachelors degree with ECA, start with that.

2. there is also the part of provinces and territories of Interest, if i check on All Provinces and Territories then what should i do with this:
(I authorize the British Columbia Ministry of Jobs, Tourism & Skills Training to collect from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) all of the information contained in my Express Entry submission that CIC is authorized to disclose to British Columbia under s. 10.4 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for the purpose of considering my submission and allowing third parties to consider my submission for selection under Express Entry British Columbia.)

Tick or say Yes or Agree or whatever it says there.

3. an about the Complete/full academic years . according my ECA i have 1st completion of a college level certificate(one year), Diploma(two years), Three years of post secondary study at a non-recognized institution, master's degree(one year). schooling up to 10 and Cambridge A level (2 years)

Read here about what your ECA means. What is important in ECA is the Overall Summary right on top of the document. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

i thank you all in advance for all your responses. i am new to all this so i don't really understand all this.

Nitin

wadhs

Jun 29, 2015
Hi

I submitted my profile.

But is says application status: PENDING ADDITIONAL CRITERIA.. wat does this mean?
cAN ANYONE HELP PLS

krystlebustle

Jun 20, 2015
Hi! Here is my situation:

I currently work as a pharmacist in the philippines. I am confused with the educational credential assessment part. I have no plans of practicing pharmacy in canada. Should I have my ECA done by the pharmacy board of canada or with other institutions? I am a bit perplexed with the second bullet note in the cic site.

Please help! ???

DSCanada

Jun 24, 2015
deepgil..I'm from HCL technologies. EHS team has agreed to provide work experience letter in CIC prescribed format. So HCL infosystems should also be providing the same. When did you try contacting HCL? If its quite sometime back..pls try again now.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

I have few queries if you can help them with. I have following work experience:

1) HCL Infosystems - 2 years as a Programmer.
Roles and responsibility ---- Java Programmer----
Documents available - Original Offer letter, Experience letter (Name, duration, Job title, full-time included)
and Bank statement showing getting paid from them.

2) Accenture UK -- 18 months as a Programmer.
Roles and responsibility ---- Software Testing
Documents available - Experience letter, all pay slips, offer letter copy on email.

3) Syrup Technologies - 8 months as a Programmer
Roles and responsibility ----- Software Testing
Documents available ----I will get everything from them.

Now, Problem is that HCL and Accenture are not willing to give Roles and responsibility letter to me. They are saying it is not in their policy. One of my colleague in HCL is willing to give me affidavit explaining roles and responsibilities. She is not working with HCL anymore. She will also provide her experience letter to show that she worked with me. Will this be ok?

Yes. Get it notarized, attach her business card as well along with an LOE explaining that you're doing this because the organization refuses to honor repeated requests for a reference letter in the required format.

One of my senior from Accenture is also willing to provide me affidavit + her experience letter. She does not have her business card but she do have official email ID and phone number. She is still working with Accenture UK. Will this be ok?

Yes. Same as above. Business card isn't mandatory - it is simply and identification device for CIC.

Also, I have work experience in 2 NOC codes, one in testing and one in programming. Will this be ok? Because then I will get maximum points for foreign work experience.

Under CRS, you can combine experience gained across multiple NOCs. You can't do that while calculating your score on the FSWP 100 point grid though.

Please guide us through. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krystlebustle said:
Hi! Here is my situation:

I currently work as a pharmacist in the philippines. I am confused with the educational credential assessment part. I have no plans of practicing pharmacy in canada. Should I have my ECA done by the pharmacy board of canada or with other institutions? I am a bit perplexed with the second bullet note in the cic site.

Please help! ???
There are 2 reasons for getting an ECA done - To gain CRS points by demonstrating Canadian equivalency for educational qualification AND to be allowed to practice regulated professions such as yours but that may require additional licensing formalities as well.

In your case, if you don't want to be a practitioner, you'll still have to get an ECA done to gain points and be eligible for EE in the first place. You can choose not to get an ECA done for your pharmacy degree and just get an ECA done for your post secondary education. But that is likely to get you far lesser CRS score than is required to get an ITA.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

My colleague from HCL does not have business card. She is working as a Software Engineer in National Informatics Centre, India. She has her official email ID, which I will write down on affidavit. Also, I will attach all the email communications with HCL, in case if I would not get reference letter from them.

Also, my senior in Accenture started working in October 2010 and I started working in June 2010. I don't have any means to prove my duties before October as my colleague can only sign and declare for the work I did with her. Also, I took maternity leave from October 2011 till end of my work with Accenture (December 2011). Do you think this maternity period will be counted in my work experience.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I believe leave of any type isn't usually counted towards work experience. What tilts the balance for most people is that CIC counts 30 hrs/week as full-time work and people clock much more than that esp in IT MNCs where you've gained most of your experience and that counterbalances the leaves and vacation time. But like I said, I'm not entirely sure about maternity leave. Do check if it affects your program eligibility and/or CRS score.

Thanks for your help once again.
Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepgill said:
Thanks Asivad Anac,

I worked 37.5 hours per week in UK. I also worked extra paid hours as well on top of my 37.5 hpw. So, information you provided surely will be beneficial. The letter I received from Accenture when I applied for NZ PR did not mention working hours. So, this time I will ask them to include full-time or hours per week. Do you think full-time will suffice?

Try getting hours/week. CIC wants it that way.

Experience certificate I have from HCL has following language---- This is to certify that XXXXXX was engaged by us fulltime on retainership basis as Programmer in the field of software support from XXXX to XXXX. Do you think this will be good to go or I should ask for new letter with any changes you recommend.

This is the link to what CIC wants. Look for "Proof of Work Experience" and see if your letter covers everything.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Also, I am thinking to hire David cohen. What are your views about this?

No opinions. This forum is very helpful because of its P2P nature but I've no inputs to give on the team behind this venture.

Sorry for asking silly questions. thanks for your help once again.

Regards.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Hi,

I got an ITA and found that some items I deleted from my express entry profile still appeared after I was issues ITA. I made sure I transmitted again after I made the changes so I am surprised.

One such item is my relative in Canada. I have a maternal uncle. However, he and my mum do not bear the same surname. His Father is my Grandfather's elder brother. My problem is how to prove this relationship cos they don't share a common family name on any of his documents. But we are close!

What do I do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reginald said:
Hi,

I got an ITA and found that some items I deleted from my express entry profile still appeared after I was issues ITA. I made sure I transmitted again after I made the changes so I am surprised.

One such item is my relative in Canada. I have a maternal uncle. However, he and my mum do not bear the same surname. His Father is my Grandfather's elder brother. My problem is how to prove this relationship cos they don't share a common family name on any of his documents. But we are close!

What do I do?
You don't get any points under EE for having a Canadian relative(s). You do get 5 points for Adaptability on the 100 point FSWP grid. But even that is for the following categories only...

parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent (sibling), child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is living in Canada is 18 years or older and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Based on how you describe it, this maternal uncle appears to be your mother's first cousin. That relationships fetches you no points.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Thanks Asivad. Indeed, I got no points for that relationship. However, my concern is that since I have declared that I have a "qualifying uncle" in my express entry profile, I would be expected to provide proof in my supporting documents and failure to provide this may lead to a refusal. What do you think?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reginald said:
Thanks Asivad. Indeed, I got no points for that relationship. However, my concern is that since I have declared that I have a "qualifying uncle" in my express entry profile, I would be expected to provide proof in my supporting documents and failure to provide this may lead to a refusal. What do you think?
Since it gets you no points and doesn't affect your eligibility, deleting that reference after receiving an ITA makes no material difference to your application.

If the system allows you to remove this information altogether, do that and that's the end of it.

If the system doesn't allow you to remove this information, upload whatever documentation you have along with an LOE explaining that this was an additional piece of information which neither affects your eligibility nor your CRS score and request the VO to treat your application as complete and view it favorably.

All the best!