+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

dmalik901

Sep 4, 2014
Hi All,

I recently received an ITA under express entry. However, some information in the eAPR is not the same (modified and added) as I had in my express entry profile (updated week before ITA). I guess it picked up my initial profile information. Only information modified is one of the employment date and added one more employment.

So what are my options now?

1. Input the correct and added information in eAPR and submit?

or

2. Decline invitation and wait for new invitation?

Please note that points and eligibility conditions are not changed before and after update

Please advice.

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,
I haven't created my account yet as I'm passing the test language in 2 weeks.
I'm also trying to get all the documents first to be ready once I got the invitation..

I was wondering if I could create my online profile in advance on Jobbank website even without a reference code from MyCIC?

My plan is to look for a job from that database as my understanding is all those clients positions potentially offer a LMIA??
Can someone confirm??

Thanks!

GotMilk

Apr 2, 2015
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the Canadian Work Experience section. I'm currently employed with NOC A 2173. I started with my current employer at the beginning of July last year. I had another work experience with same NOC code but different employer in Toronto from January 2014 to May 2014. Both experiences are permanent full-time. After I provided the above info in my EE profile, the ranking system didn't give me any points for Canadian Work Experience. Does anybody know why this is happening? I'm pretty sure the experience is over 1 yr. Thanks!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Does your employment have to be continuous in your category? If so, the break between May-July 2014 could be the reason.

mrhman0304

Jan 13, 2015
Dear Experts,

I submitted my EE on January. Below is my current status:

Application/profile status Open
Province/Territory Nomination No nomination at this time
Job Bank Registration Accepted
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria Met
ITA Status No invitation at this time

and

Overall Score 332

In the past 10 years, I have more than 7 years of experience. All my experiences are in NOC 2174 (6 months), 2171(2 years and 3 Months), 2172 (4 years and 4 months). However, in the CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience, I got 0. Is it OK?

By the way, in the Work History, for question Does XXX have any work history?, I putted answer yes but did not put From to etc (this is because I thought below table should be filled for that history). Therefore, in below Table (where individual employment history should be putted as row) I putted each of my Employment Histories. Is it OK? One more thing, for past 3 years, I am doing my PhD.

My question is: should I fill From to To filed below of Does XXX have any work history?. Since I have several employers, what should I put at Employer/company name? Actually this is why I filled the Table.

GotMilk

Apr 2, 2015
Pippin said:
Does your employment have to be continuous in your category? If so, the break between May-July 2014 could be the reason.
Hi Pippin, I think I fall into CEC category and it doesn't require continuous work experience, just need to total to 1 yr according to CIC's website. Tried to speak to someone at CIC, but they told me I had to send emails for any question regarding express entry. Prolly takes them another week to answer my question :(

LanaS

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Ukraine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2016
mrhman0304 said:
Dear Experts,

I submitted my EE on January. Below is my current status:

Application/profile status Open
Province/Territory Nomination No nomination at this time
Job Bank Registration Accepted
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria Met
ITA Status No invitation at this time

and

Overall Score 332

In the past 10 years, I have more than 7 years of experience. All my experiences are in NOC 2174 (6 months), 2171(2 years and 3 Months), 2172 (4 years and 4 months). However, in the CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience, I got 0. Is it OK?

By the way, in the Work History, for question Does XXX have any work history?, I putted answer yes but did not put From to etc (this is because I thought below table should be filled for that history). Therefore, in below Table (where individual employment history should be putted as row) I putted each of my Employment Histories. Is it OK? One more thing, for past 3 years, I am doing my PhD.

My question is: should I fill From to To filed below of Does XXX have any work history?. Since I have several employers, what should I put at Employer/company name? Actually this is why I filled the Table.

The section is called Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience. Please specify, which one of your work experience is related to Canada? If you never worked in Canada, then it is clear why you have 0. It is difficult to estimate where you could make mistake. Therefore, my advise is to read each question twice trying to paraphrase it in a simpler way. You may keep omitting the key words.

When you start filling in the section work history, after answering to the question "does XXX have any work history?" you click "yes" and then start filling "from - to" and other details. Once all the gaps are filled, you click "save and add". And the system adds this experience to your work history in the Table. For the rest of places of work the the scheme of adding is the same.

Alina.Taranenko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Hello!

Please help, I have already submitted two profiles to Express Entry and I have not got any Job Seeker validation code. I received the messages from MyCIC but there was only profile number,it looks like this:

1. your Express Entry profile number:XXXXXXXXX

2. your Job Seeker validation code:(empty!!!)

How can I register with my job bank account ? Where can I get this code?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am only scoring 59 points of FSW grid. I need points for job. Am I eligible to create Express Entry profile? If I create profile am I going to be in the pool?

If any employer wants to apply free LMIA for me, Do I have to have the EE profile in order for him to pick me up from pool? or employer can apply for the free LMIA without me having EE profile?

Thanks

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
GotMilk said:
Hi Pippin, I think I fall into CEC category and it doesn't require continuous work experience, just need to total to 1 yr according to CIC's website. Tried to speak to someone at CIC, but they told me I had to send emails for any question regarding express entry. Prolly takes them another week to answer my question :(
CEC doesn't require continuous work experience, but CRS-EE does. If the jobs aren't continuous, you will be allowed into the pool, but you don't get the points.

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

15. (3)
(b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
fastfood said:
I am only scoring 59 points of FSW grid. I need points for job. Am I eligible to create Express Entry profile? If I create profile am I going to be in the pool?

If any employer wants to apply free LMIA for me, Do I have to have the EE profile in order for him to pick me up from pool? or employer can apply for the free LMIA without me having EE profile?

Thanks
Below 67 means you can't get into the pool. You will need to wait until you have the LMIA cert issued, then answer yes to the question "do you have LMIA".

stholy

Apr 1, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hi,

Do we need an ECA when I qualify under CEC and when I have a Master's degree from Canada?

Also, I see I got 50 points under "CRS - Skill Transferability - Education". So, does this mean for my Indian BE degree , I need to obtain an ECA?

thanks

SMRMA

May 2, 2014
DUBAI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Hello friends. .
i ve two questions:
Before my current employment ,which is now 2 yrs, i had been registered as trainee student under 3.5 years contract for Chartered Accountants Articleship and my firm only gave me contract completion certificate as per prescribed by the Institute which only mentioned basic thing like date of start and end but not the duties nor the stipend. .

1-My question is do i need to get detailed account of my work from the Company or only that contract completion letter will suffice since the company is refusing to give reference letter.

2- If by chance i am to get letter What should be the DATE on the letter? means when i left in 2012 or latest date?

Thanks in advance!!! Cheers...

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
CEC doesn't require continuous work experience, but CRS-EE does. If the jobs aren't continuous, you will be allowed into the pool, but you don't get the points.

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

15. (3)
(b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
Hi mf4361,

I don't have continuous work experience, but I have one year of Full time experience in NOC B job (Got a break because I was waiting for my LMO decision and WP issuance). I got invitation and applied for PR under EE CEC. As you said CEC doesn't require continuous work experience but CRS-EE does, I do accept that because even I too didnt get points for Canadian work experience.

My Question is: Am I eligible for CEC in EE? will they refuse my application because that I dont have one year continuous work experience?