Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Stanlee said:
Self declaration can by typed and signed by your husband. No need for notarization.
Thanks a million
+1 for you

julie02

Mar 30, 2016
Hello!
Please advise me on my situation with Express Entry. My current Canadian work experience is approaching to 2 years, but the system has already updated my points in the profile. So, I got ITA. However, I'm getting the factual 2 years of experience only in a couple of weeks. If I apply, would my application be rejected based on the fact that the system updated my points a bit early and I didn't have those points at the moment when ITA was issued? Should I decline the invitation? Thank you!

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
Hi,

My wife is on a dependent visa, living in Canada with me and we have applied for Express entry FSWP where I am the primary applicant and she is the dependent applicant.
Is it possible that she can apply another fresh express entry application where she is the primary and I am dependent. (the intention is to have multiple applications as backup to save time)

Would like to know if this is legal and if there are any consequences.

Regards,

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
abhay.sudhakaran said:
Hi,

My wife is on a dependent visa, living in canada and we have applied for Express entry FSWP where I am the primary applicant and she is dependent.
Is it possible that she can apply another fresh express entry application where she is the primary and I am dependent.

Would like to know if this is legal and if there are any consequences if you do so.

Regards,
Yes you can do that. Wait for some more opinions..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abhay.sudhakaran said:
Hi,

My wife is on a dependent visa, living in Canada with me and we have applied for Express entry FSWP where I am the primary applicant and she is the dependent applicant.
Is it possible that she can apply another fresh express entry application where she is the primary and I am dependent. (the intention is to have multiple applications as backup to save time)

Would like to know if this is legal and if there are any consequences.

Regards,
Suggest you to find out which one of you gets the maximum points and that person will be the PA. The other person will be the dependent. No point in creating 2 applications, IMO.

Dhavalg

Jul 14, 2015
I have a query regarding getting points on my educational qualification from WES.

I am Charter-holder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) accredited by CFA Institute, USA and Certified Financial Planner accredited by FPSB. Though these are both professional qualifications in Finance domain, when I enquired with my consultant, they told me that I won't get any points for them.

Is this correct? Or will I be able to get points for my qualifications?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dhavalg said:
I have a query regarding getting points on my educational qualification from WES.

I am Charter-holder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) accredited by CFA Institute, USA and Certified Financial Planner accredited by FPSB. Though these are both professional qualifications in Finance domain, when I enquired with my consultant, they told me that I won't get any points for them.

Is this correct? Or will I be able to get points for my qualifications?
You cannot claim points for professional qualifications from what I know.

Dhavalg

Jul 14, 2015
1. But why so when it is so well recognised in Canada and USA?

2. Any idea whether getting ECA done from any entity other than WES would help me get the points?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
julie02 said:
Hello!
Please advise me on my situation with Express Entry. My current Canadian work experience is approaching to 2 years, but the system has already updated my points in the profile. So, I got ITA. However, I'm getting the factual 2 years of experience only in a couple of weeks. If I apply, would my application be rejected based on the fact that the system updated my points a bit early and I didn't have those points at the moment when ITA was issued? Should I decline the invitation? Thank you!
The EE system gives points for work experience based on the month of employment and not the actual day of employment, it is a fault in their system and they should be aware of it. On this note, I think you can accept your ITA and prepare your documents, but do not submit your application before the date of your 2 years of employment. Let some days pass after your 2 yr anniversary at work, then you can submit the application. This way your points would be valid as of the time of application submission. I have not seen anyone get rejected using this approach.

tyshow

Jun 10, 2015
Getting your Educational Credentials Assessed

Hi everyone, this is the latest post from my blog which can be accessed at www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com

Feel free to drop me a comment or send me an email using the contact tab. I am more likely to reply to you speedily from that platform. Below is an extract of the information written on there.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s been about a week now since my last published post. In this post, I intend to cover all the foreseeable questions that lurks around the topic of getting your foreign educational credentials assessed. For legibility and to try documenting my thoughts in a different writing style, I aim to adopt a question/answer format for the purpose of this blog post.

Q1: Why do I need to get my foreign degrees assessed?

A1: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify your international degree, diploma, certificate or any other document which depicts your educational credential is valid and on par with a Canadian one.

Q2: Who needs an ECA?

A2: The principal applicant for an Express Entry application whose intention is to immigrate to Canada under the Federal Worker Skilled Program and whose educational achievements were obtained outside Canada.

In addition to this, an applicant under the Express Entry program may wish to accrue additional points for a spouse/common-law partner by getting their credentials assessed as well if their degree/certificate/diploma was obtained outside Canada. The table below shows a points matrix to illustrate this. Additional points can be awarded if the candidate is admissible into the Express Entry tool through the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Degree Type Express Entry Classification Points Awarded
Secondary School/High School Diploma Express Entry CRS with spouse 28
Express Entry CRS without spouse 30
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 5

One-year degree, a diploma or certificate from a University, college, technical, trade or other institute Express Entry CRS with spouse 84
Express Entry CRS without spouse 90
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 15

Two-year degree, a diploma or certificate from a University, college, technical, trade or other institute Express Entry CRS with spouse 91
Express Entry CRS without spouse 98
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 19

Bachelor degree or other programs (three or more years) at a University, college, technical, trade or other institute. Express Entry CRS with spouse 112
Express Entry CRS without spouse 120
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 21

Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees: one of the degrees must be for a program of three or more years. Express Entry CRS with spouse 119
Express Entry CRS without spouse 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 22

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession e.g. Dentistry, Law, Pharmacy Express Entry CRS with spouse 126
Express Entry CRS without spouse 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 23

University degree at Masters level Express Entry CRS with spouse 126
Express Entry CRS without spouse 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 23

University degree at Doctorate (PhD) level Express Entry CRS with spouse 140
Express Entry CRS without spouse 150
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 25

Q3: Do I need to get an ECA before filling in an Express Entry profile

A3: Absolutely, this is mandatory if you want to be awarded points for your foreign educational attainment towards the CRS.

Q4: How long is my ECA valid for

A4: ECA is valid for a period of five years from the date it was issued.

Q5: Where can I get my ECA?

A5: This is the most important question here on this post. There are several designated organizations here in Canada where you can get your credentials assessed. They are as follows:
•Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
•International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
•World Education Services
•International Qualifications Assessment Service
•International Credential Evaluation Service
•Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors)
•Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)

Q6: Do I need to get all my degrees assessed (e.g. I’ve got a B.Sc. and a M.Sc.)?

A6: This is entirely up to you the applicant or spouse/common-law partner of the applicant. Simply put in this way, you will only get points towards the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under FSWP if your ECA report matches at least one of the results in the table above. So to answer this, in my own personal experience, I only had my M.Sc. degree assessed (this was due to circumstances beyond my control) as I was unable to get the University at my country of residence to send my transcript over) but had not hitches in requesting my transcript for my M.Sc. degree from the UK. This was sufficient in the meantime as I accrued points for having a university degree at Masters level.

The drawback to this is when you’re finally resident in Canada and you need to go through a professional designation in your profession, you will need to have all your educational credentials assessed and possibly upgraded to a course by course report as the format for immigration purposes is just document by document. Do not fret, you can simply contact the designated organization you used earlier and pay an upgraded fee to upgrade your report to a course by course report hence it makes logical sense to have all your credentials assessed if you can.

Q7: Which designated organization should I choose from to have my credentials assessed?

A7: Again, I will ask myself the question if my profession a licensed one? If it is for example Medicine, your precedence should be to go with the body associated with medical doctors i.e. The Medical Council of Canada. I will follow the same logic if you were in the Pharmacy profession. For all other professions, you may simply go with either of the remaining organizations. If in doubt, contact the province where you intend to stay in to see if your occupation is a licensed one. Pharmacists may or may not require a licence to practice in some pharmaceutical or government institutions so they may not be obliged in these circumstances to get an ECA from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada.

Other factors to consider when choosing an alternative designated organisation should include
•Costs to get the credential assessed as costs may vary by organization.
•duration it’ll take to have the credentials assessed.
•documents to be furnished to facilitate the assessment
•Employers in Canada who partner or are familiar with certain designated organizations. This will help you much later when you’re applying for jobs in Canada.

I also provide landing support for new immigrants dwelling in Edmonton, Alberta. I will assist with temporary accommodation at my place while I drive you around to arrange viewings for a place to rent in the first couple of weeks, opening a bank account, registering for social services (SIN, Health Card, Drivers' Licence etc). To enquire about this service, simply drop me an email on my blog site.

Thanks
Ola

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding how to properly fill in my 1-year CEC work requirement while creating my EE profile:

I started a NOC 1241 job March, 2015, in August, 2015, I had two weeks of lay off (Aug 10-21)where i didnt get paid, but went back to work right after that. Then in Oct-Nov, 2015, I got promoted to a temporary acting NOC 1221 position for about a month. After that I have been working as my regular NOC 1241 job.

So my question is, when filling out the history:

Should I Just write like this:

NOC 1241

Start date: March 2015 (Check the option saying that this is my current employer). So I won't mention the 2 weeks lay off here, but I will mention it in the reference letter, would that be ok?

Or I have to write like March 2015- August 2015. Then August 2015- present?

NOC 1221

Start date: Oct 2015

End date: Nov 2015

Please advise...I hate filling out forms...ugh Roll Eyes

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi Guys,

All the best to all Canadian aspirants!!!

I am an feb 8th 2016 onip applicant...sent the docs n it reached onip office by march 3rd. I forgot to add my old passport copy and sent only my new passport copy which is less than 2 yrs old. Based on suggestions i was lucky enough to drop off a courier on march 23rd to onip office with only old passport copy along with LOE ( march 23rd is when my 45 days deadline ends ) also i did dropped an email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca on the same day explaining the situation along with scanned old passport copy, LOE, EE profile num etc... but i haven't heard anything back from them?? how long does it take for them to reply...

Any suggestion from you will be helpful...and let me know what would be next course of action...

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sudi said:
Hi Guys,

All the best to all Canadian aspirants!!!

I am an feb 8th 2016 onip applicant...sent the docs n it reached onip office by march 3rd. I forgot to add my old passport copy and sent only my new passport copy which is less than 2 yrs old. Based on suggestions i was lucky enough to drop off a courier on march 23rd to onip office with only old passport copy along with LOE ( march 23rd is when my 45 days deadline ends ) also i did dropped an email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca on the same day explaining the situation along with scanned old passport copy, LOE, EE profile num etc... but i haven't heard anything back from them?? how long does it take for them to reply...

Any suggestion from you will be helpful...and let me know what would be next course of action...

Thanks
Since you have already submitted the copy of your passport via courier and email as well, there is nothing much you can do as of now than wait to hear from them. OINP generally replies to emails in 2-3 weeks time, so you can wait to hear from them on the same.

amandeep256

Apr 15, 2015
canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 DEC 2015
AOR Received.
18 DEC 2015
Hello
My AOR is 18 dec 2015
I m FSW inland LMIA approved also eligible for CIC
I have a query does cic call employer to verify or not they just rely on LMIA documents to verify job offer

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
amandeep256 said:
Hello
My AOR is 18 dec 2015
I m FSW inland LMIA approved also eligible for CIC
I have a query does cic call employer to verify or not they just rely on LMIA documents to verify job offer
Sometimes the call employers, but it is rare.