+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Alma18

Nov 3, 2015
Hello,

I received my Invitation to Apply for PR, under Federal Skilled Worker (I am the principal applicant, sponsoring my spouse). I have few questions

1) In the Express Entry Criteria list of points, in the ITA letter. I get zero points for my Spouse's Education and work experience. However when I submitted my information for the application, in the list of documents it says that I need to send proof of my husband's "education (diplomas/degrees) (required)" and "employments records (required)". Do I need to send them?, if I do not get points for it anyway? In case I need to send them. Does he need an ECA too (he did his degree outside Canada) or a translation would do?

2) I have a Ph. D. from Canada (U of Alberta) which I will provide. However, in the list of docs it also says "Certificate of Qualification (required)" what is that? Is that the ECA from my previous degrees?

3) Also, Do I need to send the ECA from previous degrees outside Canada if I finished my Ph. D. in Canada? Would it be enough just send in the same file my Ph. D. degree and my previous degrees translated?

4) A translation of the marriage certificate is enough? Or should it be notarized?

Thank you! This forum is awesome.

joshi123

Aug 22, 2015
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
Hi everyone. I have applied and recieved my AOR on sept 29th. Today i recieved my LMIA positive which was already in process before i got ITA. my timeline is n signature.
So should i inform CIC now as it would not make much difference to my case. I really dont need those 600 points anymore as i have recieved ITA and have applied already. Would it make my case faster or any better if i send it by CSE?
Need urgent help as i dont want to be misrepresenting anything if thts wat it means. Please reply if anyone knows.

pravatmail

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Hello,

I have one question, hope you can help me in this.

I have applied PR and got my AOR on 21st Sept, Now my status showing BC in progress.
My wife wants to travel India for 3 months. If she travels, If in that time period I got PPR, then how we will manage that?
Can I submit alone ?
Can she submit her passport in India while I submit here ?
Or is there any other way ?

Please advice me on this.

Thank you for your help.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
I am about to start my Letter of intent to reside in Ontario - does anyone have any suggestions, any advice lol I am not even sure where to start . I live here, studied here, worked here, what else to add lol

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Add what you like about Ontario, how it has helped you develop personally and professionally, how it can contribute to your development, what is it that you like about Ontario etc...

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Thank you very much, time to do some brain storming.

Would you have any idea on applying for the OINP when also having to apply for restoration of status? Does anyone have any words on this situation. I am still within the 90 days time frame to apply to restore my status , I think my dilemma would be when applying for restoration and a permit - should I ask for a visitor permit and also state it is because I have sent in my application to Ontario for PR so it is being processed?

At the same time I have to prove my status here when I send in my documents and that is giving me some grief because I dont want to get rejected because I am applying for restoration and dont have a valid work permit or study permit.

dante0000

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/01/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2012, delivered 05 Nov 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2013
LANDED..........
02/10/2013
Hello folks a friend of my is at a cross road, his IELTS score are as follows listening 8, reading 7, writing 7, speaking 6.5. Though he made an overall band 7. What are is chances of getting picking from the pool, he cant afford to resit the exams any more.

Any one with similar issues?..... pls share your views. as well as those valid advice.

k0nduire

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hello everyone. Pardon me I couldn't find a relevant question.

I will be creating my Express Entry Profile and need to clarify the number of years for university.
Question is- do you count the semester or year you were not enrolled?

Example:
Started university on year 2007
Not enrolled for 2012
Got the degree 2013

Should it be 6 years or 5 years for uni? Or I got it all wrong.

Please answer.

Thanks

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
@konduire - It should be for the number of years you were enrolled in university as a full time student. 2012 wouldnt count because you were not in school

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
HoPe90 said:
@konduire - It should be for the number of years you were enrolled in university as a full time student. 2012 wouldnt count because you were not in school
Seconded. In the personal history section, for 2012, the OP can write whatever S/he was doing or write "Unemployed".

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dante0000 said:
Hello folks a friend of my is at a cross road, his IELTS score are as follows listening 8, reading 7, writing 7, speaking 6.5. Though he made an overall band 7. What are is chances of getting picking from the pool, he cant afford to resit the exams any more.

Any one with similar issues?..... pls share your views. as well as those valid advice.
Getting picked in the pool does not solely depend on the IELTS scores; There are a lot of other factors. What is your friend's CRS?

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi,

Need assistance

I have been invited under opnp and now need to write a letter expressing my eagerness to reside in ontario, i need some suggestions on the same, i dont have any close family there, but do some distance relatives and old school friend.

can some one outline the structure i.e topics which i need to cover in this letter and what are the recommended word limits.

If some one can share a format with me that would be great, i could share my email id for that ...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IOS9.2 said:
Hi,

Need assistance

I have been invited under opnp and now need to write a letter expressing my eagerness to reside in ontario, i need some suggestions on the same, i dont have any close family there, but do some distance relatives and old school friend.

can some one outline the structure i.e topics which i need to cover in this letter and what are the recommended word limits.

If some one can share a format with me that would be great, i could share my email id for that ...
Make this as original as possible. You can write about the employment opportunities in Ontario. You can write about how you and your family are going to settle and assimilate into the new culture there. Also, you can write about your plans about managing finances and housing.

The things is, you need to show to them that you have done some sincere research about the province and you are figuring out ways on how you are going to establish yourself once you land.

My letter was 3 pages (one-sided) {More of an essay than a letter~~ Yea, I know~~}. I suggest you to write at least one page.

You can definitely mention about your friends in Canada (by providing them with his DL, current visa/work permit etc). Its not mandatory though but it won't hurt either.

Good luck and all the very best.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Thanks for your inputs, appreciate it ...

Now a different topic, police clearance certificate... there i lot of confusion in this regard ... atleast for me... now i have resided overseas for 4 years for which i have got the clearance easy simple way ( fill application form, pay money, submit your id proof all online and they send your the certificate). i am currently based in pune India for the last 2.5 years before that at 2 other locations... now there is service on PSK site to get PCC, now is that only for passports issued under that PSK or for nationally valid or do i have to approach the local police commissioner office to get the PCC incase passport not issued in that state... and do i need to get PCC from all locations where i have resided within the country

hope i am able to explain my self and not confused the issue further