+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

My question might be extremely dumb for most of you as most of the people in this forum are too deep into the immigration info.
However, I am struggling with that for the last few days.

I am intending to live in Ontario and as far as I can see there is a provincial nomination program. But I cannot find the accepted occupations for this PN. And also, I don't quite understand how this works - it says you have to be in the pool and then apply for PN? or get selected for a PN?
Stuck in here ...

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hello,

I have a questions, i have got an invite from Ontario under their PNP, i am the principle applicant and preparing my docs for application, the question is do i need my wife's job reference letters to be part of the documents. she has got her ielts and wes assessment done, she is working but does not have reference letters. In our initial EE application we had choose a noc code for her.

Would really appreciate if some one can help me out with this problem

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IOS9.2 said:
Hello,

I have a questions, i have got an invite from Ontario under their PNP, i am the principle applicant and preparing my docs for application, the question is do i need my wife's job reference letters to be part of the documents. she has got her ielts and wes assessment done, she is working but does not have reference letters. In our initial EE application we had choose a noc code for her.

Would really appreciate if some one can help me out with this problem
Your wife's work experience doesn't even count unless that experience is being gained/was gained in Canada. You can just remove that experience from the employment section and retain it only in the personal history section.

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AnnaBG said:
Hey guys,

My question might be extremely dumb for most of you as most of the people in this forum are too deep into the immigration info.
However, I am struggling with that for the last few days.

I am intending to live in Ontario and as far as I can see there is a provincial nomination program. But I cannot find the accepted occupations for this PN. And also, I don't quite understand how this works - it says you have to be in the pool and then apply for PN? or get selected for a PN?
Stuck in here ...
There is no "Demand Occupation" list for Ontario.

The following are the steps :

1) Be in the EE pool (with a CRS > 400).
2) Ontario sends you a Interest Letter (PT) inviting you to apply for nomination. (You cannot apply unless you get this interest letter).
3) You send in a complete application package to Ontario within 45 days of receiving a PT.
4) Ontario will process your application (if it is complete) and give you a nomination.
5) If your application is incomplete, your application will be returned and you will have 30 days to send in a fresh application (with missing docs).

There is a non-refundable fee of 1500 CAD for OINP EE Stream.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sunil_JZ said:
Due to bad exchange rate i fear that my proof of funds may be insufficient if they do the conversion now. Anyone sent an updated bank statement via a CSE after submitting their PR application. Was it accepted?
IMO, your just need to have sufficient funds when you submit your e-APR and when you land at a POE. I don't think it happens in the middle because there is nothing you can do about the exchange rates.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mahfuzul80 said:
Dear All,

I am MBA in Marketing and B.Sc (Hons) in Physics.

I have got my WES Report as -

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Two bachelor's degrees (four years)

1. Bachelor of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. MBA
Canadian Equivalency:Bachelor's degree (four years)

Now my Question is, in which way I claim my points in EE Profile for each degree? Say for example,

1. Bachelor of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute OR
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, one must be at least 3 years

2. MBA
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute OR
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, one must be at least 3 years

PLEASE SUGGEST!
You can choose only one option and that is "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, one must be at least 3 years".

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Your wife's work experience doesn't even count unless that experience is being gained/was gained in Canada. You can just remove that experience from the employment section and retain it only in the personal history section.

Good luck!
If alter my EE profile after i have got an invite from OPNP would that have a adverse effect or raise some kind of suspicion among the file processing authorities ?

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you rajkamalmohanram, for the vast information :)
Guess at this point I am too uninteresting for ON . ::)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IOS9.2 said:
If alter my EE profile after i have got an invite from OPNP would that have a adverse effect or raise some kind of suspicion among the file processing authorities ?
IMO, No. Unless it is a major change that brings down your CRS (to below 400), I don't think it'll have any effect.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AnnaBG said:
Thank you rajkamalmohanram, for the vast information :)
Guess at this point I am too uninteresting for ON . ::)
The advantage here is the applications are processed very quickly (compared to NSPNP and SINP that take around 8 - 10 months). Ontario takes only 3 months to process.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AnnaBG said:
If there anything you can do so that you get nominated?
You can send them a complete application package with all the required documents that they are asking for - (neatly arranged) with an index(so that they find it easy to navigate through your application package). That is all that you can do. The rest lies in the hands of the assessing officer.

I have observed that the rate of rejection is relatively very less compared to other provinces. Almost every applicant AND/OR his/her employer gets a call and certain details provided on the application form and/or details on the supporting documents are verified.
And needless to say, Ontario has a plethora of IT companies and financial institutions and it is a boon for people who are from these backgrounds.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hello,

another questions to tickle every ones brains 8). i got an invite from OPNP, i have accepted it but not applied as yet, now would my profile still be eligible for the next draw in EE or not ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IOS9.2 said:
Hello,

another questions to tickle every ones brains 8). i got an invite from OPNP, i have accepted it but not applied as yet, now would my profile still be eligible for the next draw in EE or not ?
I don't understand what you are saying. Have you received a message in your myCIC account that says "Provincial/Territorial Interest Letter" OR have you received an actual nomination from Ontario?

If you have got the former, then you have a LONG way to go. You must submit a complete application package within 45 days. The processing time is 3 months. Please understand that getting a PT letter from Ontario DOES NOT mean you have got a nomination. This is an invite to apply for nomination. You must satisfy Ontario that you are eligible. They will process your application based on the documents you have sent and decide if you should be given a nomination or not.

If you have got the latter, then after you have accepted the nomination, give it 24 hours. 600 points will be added to CRS.

Either way, your EE profile will stay active (I don't know what you mean by "Eligible for the next draw" here).

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
I have received an interest letter from ontario as of now, not a nomination ... some one told me that if i accept that interest letter from a province, then my profile in the EE pool would not be valid for the next draw, as i already committed to a province

does it explain it better ...... and is this true