+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

vismay101

Aug 7, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the Express entry and the CEC.
So here's my case. I have been working as Food Service Supervisor in Vancouver at $12/ hour (part-time-3 months) and then $14/ hour (full time(40 hours)-4 months). I got a job offer for $13/ hour (35 hours-full time) in Summerland, BC (Its a small town, tourist place). Now if I accept this job, will there be any issues regarding the payrate when I apply in CEC? Because, I am getting $1 less than my job in Vancouver. The case officer would consider the median wage according to that particular region or will he/ she also consider the decrease in pay?
(I am thinking of moving to Summerland, because next year it may become more difficult to apply from metro Vancouver, as rules are already strict in BC PNP)

Second, with 1 year of experience, I am getting 450 points under Express Entry. I will be eligible to apply under CEC in January 2016. In case, the express entry cutoff score does not comes to this, is it possible to apply for an LMIA on this position on an open PG wok permit? Or do I have to wait till my work permit gets over, which is Nov 2016?
My potential employer is ready to help with LMIA too.

Third, is there any cap for Food Service Supervisor applications in express entry each year?

Any one who has any idea regarding this please reply. I have read many posts on canadavisa forum and have got many of my questions answered!

Thank you.

Vismay

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Maarkk said:
Hello all I have a question for all express entry advanced applicants!

I have my post secondary Wes Eca (4 year bachelor equivalency) and degree original but I don't have my secondary high school certificate.

Is it possible to proceed without this (will the degree+Eca be enough) or will the need to submit the secondary education certificate come up at some point?

I am quite worried about this as my high school diploma might be very difficult to obtain so appreciate all your feedback!

Thank you!
You don't need your high school certificates if you have a bachelors/post graduate diploma etc. Don't worry about it. You can apply with your Bachelors ECA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vismay101 said:
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the Express entry and the CEC.
So here's my case. I have been working as Food Service Supervisor in Vancouver at $12/ hour (part-time-3 months) and then $14/ hour (full time(40 hours)-4 months). I got a job offer for $13/ hour (35 hours-full time) in Summerland, BC (Its a small town, tourist place). Now if I accept this job, will there be any issues regarding the payrate when I apply in CEC? Because, I am getting $1 less than my job in Vancouver. The case officer would consider the median wage according to that particular region or will he/ she also consider the decrease in pay?

Won't matter under CEC. Median wage will become a concern only when you are applying for an LMIA.

(I am thinking of moving to Summerland, because next year it may become more difficult to apply from metro Vancouver, as rules are already strict in BC PNP)

Second, with 1 year of experience, I am getting 450 points under Express Entry. I will be eligible to apply under CEC in January 2016. In case, the express entry cutoff score does not comes to this, is it possible to apply for an LMIA on this position on an open PG wok permit? Or do I have to wait till my work permit gets over, which is Nov 2016?

I'm not entirely sure bu I imagine your employer can start applying for an LMIA even right away if they are interested.

My potential employer is ready to help with LMIA too.

Third, is there any cap for Food Service Supervisor applications in express entry each year?

No NOC based caps under EE. Your appears to be NOC 6311 which is a Skill level B and that will do.

Any one who has any idea regarding this please reply. I have read many posts on canadavisa forum and have got many of my questions answered!

Thank you.

Vismay

amitbirs

Feb 26, 2015
Hello,

Can somebody please help me understanding my situation.

I submitted my EE profile few weeks back. My wife has Masters degree from United States but I received '0' for Spouse education because ECA evaluation was not done for her education at the time I submitted by EE profile.

Now, I got ECA evaluation from WES done for my spouse's education and updated EE profile with WES evaluation date and number but after updating profile and transmitting changes; I see that my CRS score still remains same and CRS score for spouse education still shows '0'.
Does this change takes some time to reflect in CRS score.
Plz advise.

Amit

Cri_22

Aug 7, 2015
Hi, I am about to apply to EE but I am in a WHV -Implied status- right now. It will have any negative impact to apply to the EE while being in implied status.

Cri_22

Aug 7, 2015
Hi,
I am about to apply to EE but I am in implied status (workign and holiday visa) and I still working until I received an answer. Do you think this will have a negative impact in my EE application, since I have to put that I still working. what should I put in "current status"??
Thank you

bebeth

Mar 20, 2015
Sorry i dont know where i can post my situation right now..i just landed as a pr last july 22 and last aug 5 i try to pass a resignation letter to my company but they reply me like this ...we will for ur lefal notice and you need to appeal in court and we will cancel ur pr..i get my pr through express entry anyway under cec..please enlighten me..

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
amitbirs said:
Hello,

Can somebody please help me understanding my situation.

I submitted my EE profile few weeks back. My wife has Masters degree from United States but I received '0' for Spouse education because ECA evaluation was not done for her education at the time I submitted by EE profile.

Now, I got ECA evaluation from WES done for my spouse's education and updated EE profile with WES evaluation date and number but after updating profile and transmitting changes; I see that my CRS score still remains same and CRS score for spouse education still shows '0'.
Does this change takes some time to reflect in CRS score.
Plz advise.

Amit
hello Amit

Ive recently updated ielts ...n crs changed same instant....
click the upgrade icon after completing the details...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bebeth said:
Sorry i dont know where i can post my situation right now..i just landed as a pr last july 22 and last aug 5 i try to pass a resignation letter to my company but they reply me like this ...we will for ur lefal notice and you need to appeal in court and we will cancel ur pr..i get my pr through express entry anyway under cec..please enlighten me..
What is this? Could you please give more details? Your post, in its current form makes no sense. Please provide as much information as possible.

Thanks,

Raj

Apr 27, 2014
Hello!

Hope somebody could help me. I received my ITA last april 10 and got my AOR on May 27 under CEC as I was a retail supervisor for 2 yrs. My work permit got expired last June 2 as they gave me only 4 months in my last work permit because i'll be in my 4 yrs. already. And my last work permit is cook. I applied for BOWP same day I got my AOR. I stopped working just few days ago because the restaurant I'm working got sold last month. And now they change the company name legally. The new owner are willing to hire and support me in my papers but they don't want to process my new LMIA as they don't want to spend time, effort and money knowing that I won't be approve for a new work permit anymore.

My question is, is there still hope in my application in EE?

Gks

Jun 18, 2015
Gks said:
Can u tell my 67 point calculation
Age 39
IELTS 6.5R, 6.5S, W6, L6.5 Overall 6.5
Work experience 12yrs
Spouse ielts 5 in every subject overall 5
Edu master but as per Wes 4years becholor
It shows two becholor degree.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hi,
I want to ask that after my graduation(B.A)in 2011 i worked as technician in automobile dealership for 2 years.
After that i did my (ITI )in trade of mechanic motor and waiting for my final diploma in my hand.

1) So will CIC accept that before completing study of mechanic (ITI)..how did i got job of technician before ?
Or this thing does not matter to them that work experience before study..

2)kindly suggest do i need to gain work experience again for 2 years or they'll consider my experience of before ITI ?

I hope you got my point ..

atiqul.hassan

Aug 9, 2015
Suggestion required for selecting NOC Work Criteria before applying in Express Entry

Hi Expat,
I have a bachelor in Electrical and Electronic Engineer and working in a Mobile (GSM) operator for last 9 years as a telecommunication engineer. I am also leading a team of 5-8 engineers for last 5 years as a manager. I have overall 7 ielts (6, 6.5, 7, 7.5).

My work experience falls below three NOC criteria:
1. Engineering Manager
2. Electrical Engineer
3. Telecomm Hardware Engineer

Which would be more convenient for Express Entry? Secondly, should I apply through PMP or only in Express Entry? And which province would be suitable?

Pls guide…

Maggie2014

Jan 26, 2015
Hello,

My apologies, if this has been discussed before and I wasn't sure what thread to post it in - but I am just looking for some advice on the digital photos for PR application, as a non-techie person I am completing confused by whats needed!

I got my photos taken and they gave me the hard copies - those hardcopies meet the dimensions i.e. frame and face size etc.

Then the photo place e-mailed me the digital photo and it seems to meet the digital resolution dimensions (540 by 420 or something), but the image is kinda massive on the screen - so then the physical dimensions don't apply to it anymore.

And then I tried to scan the hard copy of the photo and set the DPI to 600 and again the photo comes out all blown up - so my question is - is the way digital photos are meant to be or should i be cropping the images down to the physical dimensions of 35mm x 45mm, so that the digital image basically looks like the size of the passport picture on the screen?

I'm lost - any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

Southpaw_34

Feb 22, 2015
My CELPIP test scores are from September 2014. I just applied FSW a week ago. Do I have to take the test again to renew my score? I thought as long as you submitted before your test expires, you are ok. Is this not the case ? And it depends on when an officer actually looks at your file? For example, say the first look at my application in November because of the backlog. Are my CELPIP test scores now expired according to them? have some insight on this?