+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one from Sydney australia

goodguy_inau

Feb 12, 2010
hey hi

I lodged in Australia, I have send my full docs 18 march 2009, no AOR or any other acknowledgement so far. Can you please share your timeline.

Thanks

goodguy_inau

Feb 12, 2010
Hi I applied through Sydney Australia, I applied on 19 march got, my AOR on 1st April. What about you. When did you get your AOR2. Please share your timelines.

david_oz

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
Med's Request
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Passport Req..
20-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2010
LANDED..........
04-09-2010
im from sydney australia. but unfortunately i was an idiot and decided to apply in buffalo instead. good luck guys

canada4u

Mar 18, 2010
Hi I have send full documents to visa office Sydney in November 12, got aor on 16 November, my application was in process From Jan 16 and I have shedule for interview at the end of April

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada4u said:
Hi I have send full documents to visa office Sydney in November 12, got aor on 16 November, my application was in process From Jan 16 and I have shedule for interview at the end of April
Is it faster to apply in Sydney, Australia, and how much faster?

Also, would like to know why would an Australian citizen or PR want to migrate to Canad?

And finally, could anybody give a detailed comparison of life between Sydney Australia, compared to Vancouver Canada?

canada4u

Mar 18, 2010
Hi I think Sydney Australia visa office was not faster for me. It could be because of interview shedule. I got letter from Sydney office in 28 January 2010 for interview end of the April 2010 If I did not have interview It could have been decision made by now. I prefer to live in Australia but iam international student here. The life style between two cities is prety much similar.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I also applied in sydney. Full docs sent in Jan12 and 2nd AOR in 16 Jan. Ecas status changed to In Process from Feb 26. The ecas status was saying... your file was reviewed and we started processing from Feb 26. As guided from the forum I was waiting to receive medical request but since then no update or any news received.... Postman became the man of the year........ send case specific enquiry and they informed one officer is reviewing your file and we will further contact you soon.... what does that mean? Having review again after they earlier claimed to have done? Does anybody have called recently to interview after the status "In process?" Is there any chance of having rejected after the status gets to "In process"?

Anybody having similar experience? Will appreciate sharing

Any suggestion or advise from the seniors?

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
We applied through Sydney Australia - here is our timeline:

Applied July 2009
Application processed in Nova Scotia September 2009
Details sent to local Australian Embassy Nov 2009
Medical request April 2010

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkuper said:

Applied July 2009
Hi bkuper
When did u hav ur E cas status changed to "In Process" After how long of changed status of "In process" you got the medical request? Just asking as mine "In process" started from 26 February and yet not have Medical request.... Did you knock them for the delay? Just worried about the delay of my case..... Anybody can shed any light why this taking time?? Is that due to work load at Sydney or for some other reason? The Sydney visa office claimed to process 80% of case within 6 months but mine is running already more than 8 months? Pl share someone having similar experience...

My time line was as follows
Applied June 2009
Initial assessment in NC Aug 2009
Full Doc Sent to Sydney CHC Dec 2009
Second AOR : 11 Jan 2010
E cas status changed "In Process" 26 Feb 2010
Interview ????
Med req ????
Rejection???? :( :(

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkuper said:

Applied July 2009
Hi bkuper
Did u receive ur medical request in normal post or through registered post? What was it look like? Just keen about..... thnx

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Fariza,

our Ecas status showed In Process from November 2009 to April 2010. The actual processing was very quick, they started on the 7th April and sent medical request on the 8th of April.

We recevied a brown envelope with the Canadian maple leaf on it. It came in the regular mail. I was terrified to open it, in case it had bad news!

goodguy_inau

Feb 12, 2010
Hi members from Australia

Its look like that processing times in Australia are far more slower than Singapore or Delhi. Buper and Fariza timelines shows that Sydney, Australia is bit slower.

ny comments.