+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
The Trudeau Government is ending their mandatory 3-day quarantine hotel stopover for those arriving by air.
Starting Aug. 9/21 12:01 am Eastern time.

I'm guessing their friends have made enough money in this ' shady ' business for now, just in time for the Borders to re-open.
Its only for those fully vaccinated.
When will it end for unvaccinated?

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Its only for those fully vaccinated.
When will it end for unvaccinated?
The three day hotel is also no longer mandatory for unvaccinated as of August 9th.
However the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated will still have to do the Covid tests on arrival and after 8 days and quarantine, while those fully vaccinated will not.
According to Narcity, at least:
https://www.narcity.com/canadas-airports-are-set-to-get-a-border-testing-surveillance-program#toggle-gdpr
Would love to have confirmation of this, however.

Reactions: Phalos and armoured

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thanks!
Finally, with the advent of increased vaccination rates in Canada, declining COVID-19 cases and reduced pressure on health care capacity, the three-night government authorized hotel stay requirement will be eliminated for all travellers arriving by air as of 12:01 A.M. EDT on August 9.

Reactions: DiiDii

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
I have got admission in University in Quebec, Is it possible to land in Toronto rather than Montreal? Can we chose the Port of Entry by ourselves?

My brother lives in Toronto and I want stay with him and at least complete my Quarantine. I will provide the Quarantine plan accordingly. Will it be acceptable by Toronto Port of Entry Officer?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have got admission in University in Quebec, Is it possible to land in Toronto rather than Montreal? Can we chose the Port of Entry by ourselves?

My brother lives in Toronto and I want stay with him and at least complete my Quarantine. I will provide the Quarantine plan accordingly. Will it be acceptable by Toronto Port of Entry Officer?
You can land wherever you like really, BUT a quarantine plan to stay with your brother may not be. Check the requirements carefully.