+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
It does look like no quarantine will be required as of July 5th for permanent residents and Canadian citizens. That's a big change.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/06/government-of-canadas-first-phase-to-easing-border-measures-for-travellers-entering-canada3.html
Beginning July 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada will not be subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on day-8. In addition, fully vaccinated travellers arriving by air will not be required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.
So radio-canada and lapresse.ca were right, it includes (among other things) family members of Canadian citizens and PRs.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It does look like no quarantine will be required as of July 5th for permanent residents and Canadian citizens. That's a big change.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/06/government-of-canadas-first-phase-to-easing-border-measures-for-travellers-entering-canada3.html
Quarantine including the hotel STILL required except for those fully vaccinated with the same vaccines used in Canada. (And assuming they accept the documentation)

So for us - even all fully vaccinated - no change. Different vaccine. (Not that anyone's saying it's not effective, really)

Last edited:

TMELL

Mar 28, 2020
Does anyone know if CBSA will be providing the arrival testing kits or will I need to acquire them before or after border crossing? If they are provided by CBSA, what is the cost?

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Does anyone know if CBSA will be providing the arrival testing kits or will I need to acquire them before or after border crossing? If they are provided by CBSA, what is the cost?
When we crossed in mid May CBSA gave us the kits for the day 1 (they didn't do the arrival test on site at that land crossing, at least not at the time we crossed) and day 8 tests. We were not charged for them

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I’m a little bit worried. I can’t get a second appointment for my second dose before September 24th, in Ontario.
Do you think there’s a -small- hope that everything will be faster and accelerated in Ontario ?

I might travel to get a PCC from a third country, and I’m planning to get my second dose in France (faster)…but how can I justify that I already got a first dose. It’s going to be a big confusion. I hope I can get my second dose, here, in Ontario, before August. :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
I’m a little bit worried. I can’t get a second appointment for my second dose before September 24th, in Ontario.
Do you think there’s a -small- hope that everything will be faster and accelerated in Ontario ?

I might travel to get a PCC from a third country, and I’m planning to get my second dose in France (faster)…but how can I justify that I already got a first dose. It’s going to be a big confusion. I hope I can get my second dose, here, in Ontario, before August. :(
Again, very unlikely you would get your second dose faster in France where only 48% have received one dose and 27% have received 2.

Canada, again, is ahead with 67% having received their first dose and 20% having received 2.

It makes absolutely zero sense to try and fly to France to "accelerate" a second dose, it is just so factually incorrect. And yes I am sure someone may travel and get it faster but that will be anecdotal, no France is not going to prioritize you over the remaining population who have not yet received their first dose and who are all trying to get appointments for it there...

Furthermore I suggest you research more in both countries before you make plans going forward. Ontario is expecting to have everyone vaccinated by the end of July and will let you move your second dose early july (anyone as long as your first dose was at least 28 days before), so your September date is irrelevant. Yes right now you cannot change it but you will be in July and will get an appointment in July. You are in a country that actually handled Covid19 significantly better than our home country, why not embracing it...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

The comment I heard on an interview with an expert (Dr. Isaac Bogoch) was that on current trend, most parts of the country will probably vaccinate all who want (first and second doses) by roughly end-July, maybe slipping a week or two. I believe the phrasing was that right now it's not a supply issue, just physically how to get shots in arms across the whole country. (This was on peter mansbridge podcast). There are caveats of course.

But related comments / articles I've read about Ontario / Toronto specifically are just that right now it's logistics and scaling up, and the scheduling is the weakest part of this right now. Ontario keeps adding people to eligibility for second shot, meaning way more people trying to schedule (Ontario added 2-3 million to 2nd shot eligibility in last several days). More slots will be opened as they organise it - logistics and delivery-wise.

There are mass vaccination clinics being held in the coming days - scotia arena for example - where they'll probably partly throw out the schedules, at least in the sense of taking people who are there when they have doses available. (Some acquaintances in Toronto got second dose this way - they stopped in at their vaccination site while walking by and asked and were let in, probably just because end of day).

Numbers also are now that about 80% a day of shots are second dose (which is also getting close to 1% of pop per day, ~0.85%). So do the simple math and in the five weeks to end-August - with no acceleration - 50-55% should have got the second shot. Some increased pace is likely based on supplies expected to be delivered, so this is more likely undershooting.

That said: this is not going to be perfect either. There will be places and pockets that have issues.

But hopefully your chances are good on current trends and if end-august is your cirtical date, your chances should be very good.

https://trevortombe.github.io/covidgraphs/

Reactions: Idrissrafd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would look for availability at pharmacies, city clinics or local pop-ups or even look for cancellations on the Ontario system. You should be able to get a shot by August. Agree that there is no point in going to France to get a vaccine when it is easier to get a shot in Canada.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

I don't know where you are on ON but most areas are accelerating the schedule. I am not a senior yet and I've had my 2nd last week which was scheduled for Aug as well.. As mentioned check pharmacies, walmart etc. and definitely daily check your local district health unit for new places opening, changes are happening daily. But if you want a specific companies vaccine you might have to wait longer.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Peel Region (Brampton, Mississauga, etc).

It's written :
A participating pharmacy
To book, you must have an Ontario health (OHIP) card or another form of government-issued identification.
When they say another form of government-issued identification...it can be a foreign passport, or it has to be a Canadian one ? I'm wondering if pharmacies accept foreigns like clinics.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Peel Region (Brampton, Mississauga, etc).

It's written :

When they say another form of government-issued identification...it can be a foreign passport, or it has to be a Canadian one ? I'm wondering if pharmacies accept foreigns like clinics.
Everybody who is in Canada can get vaccinated. Best to call the pharmacy to check about ID requirements.