+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Married Person Applied Alone & Got ITA and PR?

Dinesh90

Feb 2, 2019
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
12-10-22
Doc's Request.
12-10-22
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
Hi guys I need help, can I apply for EE buy keeping it single even my wife is studying here In Canada and she will finish her program in June after that she will be applying for work permit, I came as dependent on her and got 1 year of Canadian experience of NOC 0

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi can you elaborate more.. What does it mean when you say you can't apply FSW and CEC..
CEC is Canadian Experience Class.

FSW is federal skilled worker.

CEC means that you are applying under your work experience in Canada. FSW means you are leveraging your international work experience.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
CEC is Canadian Experience Class.

FSW is federal skilled worker.

CEC means that you are applying under your work experience in Canada. FSW means you are leveraging your international work experience.
You have one year of Canadian experience and more than 3 years of international work experience and both the above factors contribute to your score.. So when you get invited prepandemic period.. Even though it is FSW.. Is it not like both FSW and CEC points are counted?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
You have one year of Canadian experience and more than 3 years of international work experience and both the above factors contribute to your score.. So when you get invited prepandemic period.. Even though it is FSW.. Is it not like both FSW and CEC points are counted?
Yes, but as I understand that if you are claiming points for work experience within Canada in the last 3 years then you are categorized as CEC candidate. Otherwise you are classified as FSW.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

reddys

Jan 18, 2019
Thanks for putting this question as a thread! I was having same doubt. My spouse got ITA on 5th April. She has also mentioned that her spouse is not accompanying her to canada. We did it to just increase her CRS. though I have a strong point to not accompanying her.

Let CIC decide our faith! ;D
What reason did you gave? Is your PR application approved?

hsnzfr

Jul 26, 2020
I have the same problem. My CRS is not enough when applying for my wife and I but if I chose my wife will not accompanying me it will be enough. However, the point is that she is now in Canada. Can I still declare that my wife will not accompanying me?

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I have the same problem. My CRS is not enough when applying for my wife and I but if I chose my wife will not accompanying me it will be enough. However, the point is that she is now in Canada. Can I still declare that my wife will not accompanying me?
May be but you should have strong reason why she doesnt.
Like a job offer in home country

Reactions: jdbhatt

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
Dear All,

I am working from Canada and my wife and kids are also along with me in Canada. I have two years of Canadian experience.
My current score is 450 including my details in EE; however, my score becomes 470, if I choose my wife will not accompanying me.
In this case, I can get PR in forthcoming draws. Could you please advise ? if I can mention "my wife will not accompanying me in EE profile" and later I can sponsor her ?

Thanks,
Vikram

ariga85

Apr 6, 2019
Montreal, QC
Dear All,

I am working from Canada and my wife and kids are also along with me in Canada. I have two years of Canadian experience.
My current score is 450 including my details in EE; however, my score becomes 470, if I choose my wife will not accompanying me.
In this case, I can get PR in forthcoming draws. Could you please advise ? if I can mention "my wife will not accompanying me in EE profile" and later I can sponsor her ?

Thanks,
Vikram
Hello all - Did you receive an answer to your question? I am also in the same boat, can you or anyone please provide answers to it. Thank you in advance.

Jun 16, 2019
Hi..i am on pgwp and my husband is in backhome. I want to apply his open work permit and if he comes here in Canada.Can i do my expressentry alone as points are getting low with him or i shouldn't apply for his visa right now???? Would i be able to sponsor him latter on