+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Jamaican study permit applicants for Jan 2020?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Just got my passport request. Very happy about it.

My timeline:
Applied: 13th August
biometrics letter: 14th August
Medicals: upfront
Biometrics given: 27th August
Correspondence letter: 10th October
Passport request: 10th October

The CIC predicts 9 weeks for Brazilian applicants, and it’s been exactly that since I applied. Guess they are really sticking to the estimate in most cases.

Good luck, y’all!
By the way, did you pay any tuition in advance? If you can prove you have enough fund expecially I did calculation for them from my mum job and it was enough to cover 1 year, do I still need to pay fees in advance?

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil
By the way, did you pay any tuition in advance? If you can prove you have enough fund expecially I did calculation for them from my mum job and it was enough to cover 1 year, do I still need to pay fees in advance?
I did pay for one semester in advance, but only because it was required by the college to secure my place.
I do, however, believe that having paid for your studies in advance (or at least part of it) shows that you are a bonafide student, whose real intent is to follow an academic course. Plus, most institutions will refund you the whole amount (minus, sometimes, a processing fee) if you prove you were denied a visa.

So, I guess that when you put things on a scale, paying for your studies in advance + a good financial profile will definitely take your chances up.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I did pay for one semester in advance, but only because it was required by the college to secure my place.
I do, however, believe that having paid for your studies in advance (or at least part of it) shows that you are a bonafide student, whose real intent is to follow an academic course. Plus, most institutions will refund you the whole amount (minus, sometimes, a processing fee) if you prove you were denied a visa.

So, I guess that when you put things on a scale, paying for your studies in advance + a good financial profile will definitely take your chances up.
That's interesting. I am not bona fide, I am applying regular then my school only required we pay acceptance fees of CAD 250 no tuition in advance was required for me. Now I am confused.

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil
That's interesting. I am not bona fide, I am applying regular then my school only required we pay acceptance fees of CAD 250 no tuition in advance was required for me. Now I am confused.
I suggest you send in the letter from your school, the amount they required you to pay and the proof that you paid it. I’m positive VO knows that some schools don’t require payment in advance from their prospect students. Just make sure to show you have the means to pay for your whole studies and basic living in your financials. They have the exact amount for the latter on the website. Best of luck!

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil
P.s.: “Bona fide student” means that you have true intent to go to Canada to pursue education. It means you’re not a shady character applying for the SP with covert intentions. So if you are serious about going there to study, yes - you are bona fide.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I suggest you send in the letter from your school, the amount they required you to pay and the proof that you paid it. I’m positive VO knows that some schools don’t require payment in advance from their prospect students. Just make sure to show you have the means to pay for your whole studies and basic living in your financials. They have the exact amount for the latter on the website. Best of luck!
That what I did, I sent the VO the letter of employment from my mum and how much available from her salary and bank statement as well plus the letter from school and proog
P.s.: “Bona fide student” means that you have true intent to go to Canada to pursue education. It means you’re not a shady character applying for the SP with covert intentions. So if you are serious about going there to study, yes - you are bona fide.
oooh I see, I thought it was another special program. Now makes sense. I sent them the proof that I pay the "acceptance" fees on cad 250 and told them that my school said they will update my tuition at the end of october. I did sent them bank statement and my mum's letter of employment indicating the guaranteed funds that will always be available.

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil
That what I did, I sent the VO the letter of employment from my mum and how much available from her salary and bank statement as well plus the letter from school and proog

oooh I see, I thought it was another special program. Now makes sense. I sent them the proof that I pay the "acceptance" fees on cad 250 and told them that my school said they will update my tuition at the end of october. I did sent them bank statement and my mum's letter of employment indicating the guaranteed funds that will always be available.
Seems like you are quite covered.
Where are you from? Jamaica?

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Just a quick update from here:

I am still awaiting the visa approval, it’s been 6weeks and counting. My assumption is that they have a lot of backlog... will keep you guys posted on the final decision