+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Jamaican study permit applicants for Jan 2020?

slaking47

Oct 4, 2019
Well the processing time is 8 weeks so you'll get a response soon. Keep us updated.

Did you apply online or on paper.
I applied online, I also didn’t submit a police record. Luckily I already have a valid one so when they do request for it, I’ll have it to submit. And really 8 weeks? The Canadian website says 6. It’s peak season now, so I think that’s why its taking longer now. Back in Feb-May, it only took 3-4 weeks.

Jamaicangirl

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Ok let me know if they request tge report. I suppose by the time they ask me for mine the police record office should be back in full swing.

The 8 weeks is what they told me in an email response to my police record query but yes the website is saying 6weeks.
I actually thought peak season would be june to august. Guess it differs.
Did you submit a letter of explanation?

slaking47

Oct 4, 2019
Alright will do. And yeah you’ll probably get it by then.

Dang, so I got almost a week and a half left. Hopefully I can get it before the 8 weeks Lol. I guess the website didn’t get updated as yet, and surprisingly, yeah probably due to students who want to renew their study visas etc. And I didn’t, my course is 2 years, so I didn’t really think I needed one. But what normally is the LOE required for?

Jamaicangirl

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Well a week and a half will be gone in no time. I on the other have have about 40 days to wait.

The LOE isn't required.its optional if you want to explain why you are studying what you're studying. Or why canada etc. Makes for a stronger application. But lots of ppl submit without and get approved

slaking47

Oct 4, 2019
You’ll realize that the closer it gets the longer it feels and more anxious you get; when you just submit it, you feel a sense of relief lol.

And oh I see, well I didn’t have any additional information to add. Did you submit one?

Jamaicangirl

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
You're right i was relieved when i submitted.

Yeah submitted one. I thought it was necessary based on what i have my degree in vs what i planned to study

hajar123

Aug 5, 2019
Brazil
This makes sense. Thought you were applying from Jamaica. Continue to wait. We will all here something eventually. Its all anxiety and nerves.
Just got my passport request. Very happy about it.

My timeline:
Applied: 13th August
biometrics letter: 14th August
Medicals: upfront
Biometrics given: 27th August
Correspondence letter: 10th October
Passport request: 10th October

The CIC predicts 9 weeks for Brazilian applicants, and it’s been exactly that since I applied. Guess they are really sticking to the estimate in most cases.

Good luck, y’all!

Reactions: Humpholito24

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Nope. I submitted my application yesterday without it. The office is open but i still couldn't get it because they have alot of backlog. I just received the request to do my biometrics.
Good luck. Still waiting on mine

My timeline:

The CIC predicts 9 weeks for Brazilian applicants, and it’s been exactly that since I applied. Guess they are really sticking to the estimate in most cases.

Good luck, y’all!
Congrats no more anxiety. Still waiting on mine.

Jamaicangirl

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019

My timeline:

Good luck, y’all!
Congrats! Still have 5+weeks of waiting.

What school and program?