+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any FSW2 applicants with a job offer (currently working in Canada on PGWP)?

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
For all those who applied under FSW2 with a job offer from a Canadian employer and are currently working in Canadia---let's connect here and share our experiences :)

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi Mahek286 - I applied under the same category. Applications under FSW2 are supposed to be fast-tracked but I'm not sure. :)

edong

Jan 4, 2011
justtheme said:
Hi Mahek286 - I applied under the same category. Applications under FSW2 are supposed to be fast-tracked but I'm not sure. :)
I do not think that the process would be faster.

SO basically, the process would be (correct me if I'm wrong) and inputs would be much appreciated.

1. Application to Nova Scotia - approx 3 months before we get our AOR1
2. Application goes to Buffalo - approx 2 months
3. Buffalo gives AOR2 - approx 1 month
4. Buffalo gives notice for medical - this is what I wanted to know how long
5. Medical exam - around 1 month??? for verification
6. Medical processing - around a month also??? for verification
7. Then what's next and how long???

Thanks and hopefully a good answer and comments will be posted.

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting for Medicals!!

edong, here are the current timeline plans:

1. Application to Nova Scotia - approx 1-2 months before we get our AOR1
2. Application goes to Buffalo - approx 2 months (total time available is ~4 months)
3. Buffalo gives AOR2 - approx 2-4 months
4. Buffalo gives notice for medical - 4-7 months
5. Medical exam - around 2-4 weeks
6. Medical processing - around 1-2 months
7. Passport Request/visa issuance - arnd 1-2 months

Total time: 12-18 months

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
It won't take that long because we're applying under the new processing rules, where full docs have to be sent right to the CIO. That takes at least 3 months off from the wait time.

dreames

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-10
Doc's Request.
2-5-10
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 7-2010
Med's Request
3-6-2011
Med's Done....
12-7-2011
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
3-6-2011
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-2011
LANDED..........
hopefully end of this year
fsw 2 is not a fast track proces it is same as fsw1 i have been waiting 1year now in proces

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,
i am an international student at nova scotia ,canada for the last 9 months and now i have off campus work permit and a job at the hotel (5 star ) .also i have close relatives (Canadians) that i'm living with.
(my job is not related to my studies ,but they can convert it into full time and permanent whenever i want to)

my question is regarding Federal skilled worker category ,can i apply under this category as i can easily fullfill more than 67 points?
CIC clearly mentions that as FSW3 was removed so international students and TFW can still apply
see link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/changes-fsw-faq02.asp
FAQ
"
Why are temporary foreign workers and international students no longer eligible to apply for permanent residence under the federal skilled worker program?

Temporary foreign workers and international students are still eligible to apply under the federal skilled worker category if they have an offer of arranged employment or experience in one of the 29 in-demand occupations.

However, we’ve removed the eligibility criterion that applied to temporary foreign workers and students specifically to avoid overlap with the now-established Canadian Experience Class and the Provincial Nominee Program, both of which target the same pool of applicants.
"

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
P.S
i am on offcampus work permit that is given to full time students for working part time .
thanks in advance

shivpalsidhu

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
6216 (New NOC 6313)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
AOR Received.
06-04-2011 (1st) 02-06-2011 (2nd)
IELTS Request
Sent with inital application
File Transfer...
30-04-2011 and July 2012
Med's Request
19-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Calgary, AB
Hi Sehrish,

You are not authorized to work for more than 20hrs per week as per Off-Campus work permit. Check the second half of your work permit which you would have recieved. This can be stretched to 24hrs per week but not beyond that.

There are 2 kinds of work permits - Off-Campus (20hrs limit per week), and Post Graduate Work Permit (More than 24hrs per week). If working for an employer while on off-campus wp, he/she is not eligible for applying under FSW2. ANother point under FSW2 is the NOC or Job Skill category, it has to be either 0, A, or B skill level. C & D are not eligible under FSW2.

On the CIC link which was posted, it is psecifically for differentiting the applications under FSW and CEC categories. Students/International WOrkers can still apply which is the best option for them. For example, a student with 1 yr full time study can not apply under CEC, so the option for him/her is FSW.

For timelines, the 2 members who has been waiting for over a year, are pre-june 2010 applicants. Since, the processing timelines has changed just to process cases faster at VO's, but looking at the current scenario's of applicants waiting for more than 8 months to get MR's, I am sure, it would be about 9 to 12 months before the final decision would bemade on an application.

I hope this helps.
Shiv

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know about the offcampus work permit conditions n i am working 20hr/week.
sorry dear , u need to consult to op6 .
i even dont need to verify AEO from service canada. n my AEO would fall in categoryB. i dont need to show them a year experience as well in NOS's (coz thats for FSW1) ,i will apply on arrange employement category.
i just went through the CIC website n gather all the info .i think the best n authentic source of info is CIC.
nyways thanks