+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any dentist graduates trying Express Entry for immigration? NOC 3113

Aishani

Sep 22, 2018
I am.guessing u want to settle in Canada then u go for PR first... u will not get student visa for ndeb .. u will have to go on visit visa to give exams and come back.. very expensive roure...u dont need ndeb to go thru Express entry.. once u have PR u can explore all options from there... u can give exams... gk for advanced placement dds ( for which u need to be PR)... or u can go for masters or other programs which are far for expensive for intl students than domestic with Pr
Does part time experience is counted which is done during the internship duration in work experience?

And what people suggest is go canada through other course nd clear the exam during that course and then to apply for PR

Actually i want to migrate as early as possible

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Does part time experience is counted which is done during the internship duration in work experience?

And what people suggest is go canada through other course nd clear the exam during that course and then to apply for PR

Actually i want to migrate as early as possible
These exams are not easy and if u plan yo go on students visa u will need to be full time enrolled in that course as well... not a good idea.. i know ppl who prepared for months at home and didnt manage to clear these exams... there are no shortcuts.. if ur just looking to end up in canadq.. just enroll in any mastwrs program and go on students visa... u will be able to.immigrarte thru canadian experience class there onwards...
Expensive route... but thats an option if ur in a hurry

Aishani

Sep 22, 2018
I am.guessing u want to settle in Canada then u go for PR first... u will not get student visa for ndeb .. u will have to go on visit visa to give exams and come back.. very expensive roure...u dont need ndeb to go thru Express entry.. once u have PR u can explore all options from there... u can give exams... gk for advanced placement dds ( for which u need to be PR)... or u can go for masters or other programs which are far for expensive for intl students than domestic with Pr
Does the part time experience counted in work experience during
These exams are not easy and if u plan yo go on students visa u will need to be full time enrolled in that course as well... not a good idea.. i know ppl who prepared for months at home and didnt manage to clear these exams... there are no shortcuts.. if ur just looking to end up in canadq.. just enroll in any mastwrs program and go on students visa... u will be able to.immigrarte thru canadian experience class there onwards...
Expensive route... but thats an option if ur in a hurry
Thanks a lot for info

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Does the part time experience counted in work experience during

Thanks a lot for info
One year of part time experience counts as 6 months work experience... but my house job experience was not counted even tho it was after i got the degree and paid as well as gull time.. so i cant say if they will count ur work exp as dentist before completing internship

Annarsh

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi m new here... Can anyone help to know thta can i register to ndbe equivalence exam from india? And is there anything else that need to be done... Pls respond .. As i am planning to leave by end of this month

Thank you

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hello fellow dentists, I just wanted to know if it's going to be a problem if there's a break in work history. I worked continuously from 2014 till september this year in 2 different clinics. I had to take a break since september for personal reasons and I don't plan to ever return to dentistry. Is it going to be a problem?

iamnimarta

Nov 2, 2018
Hi! Can anyone tell , as a dentist from India, what date do I write in the last section of work history section of express entry profile.. where it asks the following question: "Date you first became qualified to practice in this occupation?"
My question is do i write the date when i completed my internship or do i write the date when i got registered as a dentist with the state dental council?
I'm confused as both these dates are three months apart for me.
I completed my internship in July 2016, started working as a dentist at a clinic in August 2016 and my registration came in November 2016.
Also, Does that make a difference from what time will my work experience be counted? as by the time i got registered as a dentist, i had already been working for three months on the basis of my degree only. So, will my experience be counted from July or from the time i was registered.
Please help!!!!

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi! Can anyone tell , as a dentist from India, what date do I write in the last section of work history section of express entry profile.. where it asks the following question: "Date you first became qualified to practice in this occupation?"
My question is do i write the date when i completed my internship or do i write the date when i got registered as a dentist with the state dental council?
I'm confused as both these dates are three months apart for me.
I completed my internship in July 2016, started working as a dentist at a clinic in August 2016 and my registration came in November 2016.
Also, Does that make a difference from what time will my work experience be counted? as by the time i got registered as a dentist, i had already been working for three months on the basis of my degree only. So, will my experience be counted from July or from the time i was registered.
Please help!!!!
1)Do you have any certificate issued by your university(NOT college) where the period of internship is specified?
2)Your work exp. will be counted from your 1st day of work, provided that your clinic owner/boss agrees to specify the date of joining on the reference letter

gauran

Oct 2, 2018
I think its quite hard for dentists to qualify for EE unless they have brilliant crs scores. FOr job offer under same NOC,its quite impossible. Also i think cant work as dental assistants.

iamnimarta

Nov 2, 2018
1)Do you have any certificate issued by your university(NOT college) where the period of internship is specified?
2)Your work exp. will be counted from your 1st day of work, provided that your clinic owner/boss agrees to specify the date of joining on the reference letter
Thankyou so much for replying..
1) Yes, I have internship completion certificate which shows the time period of internship (was compulsory and paid) issued by the same college where i completed my study.. but our university issues only the final degree.
2) Yes, my boss has written the date of my joining on the reference letter but it isn't a specific date. It just says , " She joined in August 2016 and worked till so and so..."

Is that fine?
And so, according to you, it really doesn't matter when i got registered as a dentist with the council...
we are allowed to work on the basis of our degree and internship completion certificate? (In my case, I was allowed to.. I did not have to show my registration to get job at the clinic)
So, do I explain this to VO or is it understood that we don't need registration to start working..?

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Thankyou so much for replying..
1) Yes, I have internship completion certificate which shows the time period of internship (was compulsory and paid) issued by the same college where i completed my study.. but our university issues only the final degree.
2) Yes, my boss has written the date of my joining on the reference letter but it isn't a specific date. It just says , " She joined in August 2016 and worked till so and so..."

Is that fine?
And so, according to you, it really doesn't matter when i got registered as a dentist with the council...
we are allowed to work on the basis of our degree and internship completion certificate? (In my case, I was allowed to.. I did not have to show my registration to get job at the clinic)
So, do I explain this to VO or is it understood that we don't need registration to start working..?
Ok, did your uni issue some certificate like this : https://imgur.com/a/tOdvFlz , almost every indian uni issues this, it is commonly known as "number of attempts certificate".
Secondly, try to encourage your boss to specify the date of joining, but even if he/she doesn't, it's ok as long as your work history is 1 year or more without any breaks(in your case it would be better if you worked continuously from august 2016 to at least september 2017)
And finally, the VO understands how slow the process is in india, they understand that it may take months after internship completion to get the degree certificate and to register with the state dental council.

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I think its quite hard for dentists to qualify for EE unless they have brilliant crs scores. FOr job offer under same NOC,its quite impossible. Also i think cant work as dental assistants.
You are way off the mark. We get 135 points(126 with spouse) in CRS just based on our BDS degree. People from other professions have to struggle by re-taking ielts multiple times, some of them even have to do extra certificate/diploma courses just to barely cross the CRS cutoff. As far as job offer is concerned, yes it is impossible to get a job offer because ours is a licensed profession, therefore no license-no job. Dental assistant also requires license to practice in Canada, and even if a male manages to get one, it is almost impossible to get a job as a dental assistant because most patients there prefer female dental assistants.

Reactions: ayhab1982

iamnimarta

Nov 2, 2018
You are way off the mark. We get 135 points(126 with spouse) in CRS just based on our BDS degree. People from other professions have to struggle by re-taking ielts multiple times, some of them even have to do extra certificate/diploma courses just to barely cross the CRS cutoff. As far as job offer is concerned, yes it is impossible to get a job offer because ours is a licensed profession, therefore no license-no job. Dental assistant also requires license to practice in Canada, and even if a male manages to get one, it is almost impossible to get a job as a dental assistant because most patients there prefer female dental assistants.[/QU
Ok, did your uni issue some certificate like this : https://imgur.com/a/tOdvFlz , almost every indian uni issues this, it is commonly known as "number of attempts certificate".
Secondly, try to encourage your boss to specify the date of joining, but even if he/she doesn't, it's ok as long as your work history is 1 year or more without any breaks(in your case it would be better if you worked continuously from august 2016 to at least september 2017)
And finally, the VO understands how slow the process is in india, they understand that it may take months after internship completion to get the degree certificate and to register with the state dental council.
Yes.. this is a transcript format which we are not allowed to open.. Uni sends it directly to the required party as and when required.
i don't have it but Uni can send it, if requested.