any dentist graduates trying Express Entry for immigration? NOC 3113

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
Could you provide the url link to the cic website where it says that you qualify to practice on the date you complete the minimum educational requirements of your occupation?
As for field of study, I am still confused between medicine and health sciences. People on this thread have suggested that our profession(3113) falls under health sciences but recently a colleague of mine selected medicine in his EE profile and got ITA. Personally, i don't think it matters much because somewhere in our profile we are asked the name of our degree(or something like that) and as long as it contains the word dental/dentistry, we're fine.
Coming to the date of license issuance, CIC/IRCC understands that in most 3rd world countries it takes months and even up to a year to receive the degree certificate from uni and the license from the state council, so they consider the date of internship completion.
This is where it’s written in the help center
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1127&top=29

iamnimarta

Nov 2, 2018
Exactly!
So, we as dentists have to write the date of internship completion. Isn’t it?

My next question is
Does that mean our work experience can start right after internship Completion or it has to be after we get registered?
As the dates for both of these are three months apart for me
I had started working before I got registered
So will that be counted as experience ?

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
B
Exactly!
So, we as dentists have to write the date of internship completion. Isn’t it?

My next question is
Does that mean our work experience can start right after internship Completion or it has to be after we get registered?
But in my country we are not allowed to practice until we Register will the dental council
My graduation certificate is 23/6/2008
Internship certificate is 31/8/2009
Registration with dental council 22/11/2009
Starting my first job 25/11/2009
So in my case it makes sense to write date of registration with dental council don’t you guys think?

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
Our NOC is not in the list
Our NOC is not in the list
In an Express Entry profile, what do you mean by the “date the applicant first became qualified to practice this occupation.”?
If you are listing a skilled trade (jobs with a four-digit NOC code that begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92) as your primary occupation:

This is the date when you first became qualified to practice on your own in that trade (for example, when you moved from apprentice to fully qualified tradesperson).

Note: If you are being assessed for the Federal Skilled Trades program, work experience in a trade will only count if you are qualified to practice in that region.
##### our NOC comes under this part######
If you are listing any other primary occupation:

This is the date when you finished the minimum level of education needed for the occupation according to the National Occupational Classification code. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date you graduated from high school.)

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
In an Express Entry profile, what do you mean by the “date the applicant first became qualified to practice this occupation.”?
If you are listing a skilled trade (jobs with a four-digit NOC code that begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92) as your primary occupation:

This is the date when you first became qualified to practice on your own in that trade (for example, when you moved from apprentice to fully qualified tradesperson).

Note: If you are being assessed for the Federal Skilled Trades program, work experience in a trade will only count if you are qualified to practice in that region.
##### our NOC comes under this part######
If you are listing any other primary occupation:

This is the date when you finished the minimum level of education needed for the occupation according to the National Occupational Classification code. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date you graduated from high school.)
So this makes it very clear then, our experience counts from the day we completed internship, NOT from the date on which our degree was issued and NOT from the date we registered with our respective state dental council. The question then arises, how do we prove our date of internship completion? Some universities don't mention the date of internship completion on any certificate and it may take months or even up to a year to receive degree certificate from uni and to register with the respective state dental council.

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
B

But in my country we are not allowed to practice until we Register will the dental council
My graduation certificate is 23/6/2008
Internship certificate is 31/8/2009
Registration with dental council 22/11/2009
Starting my first job 25/11/2009
So in my case it makes sense to write date of registration with dental council don’t you guys think?
You have almost 9 years experience .... and here i thought you were a fresher just like everyone else. You got nothing to worry about, maximum points you can gain from experience is 3 years, if it's more than 3 years it doesn't matter.

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
As the dates for both of these are three months apart for me
I had started working before I got registered
So will that be counted as experience ?
You have almost 9 years experience .... and here i thought you were a fresher just like everyone else. You got nothing to worry about, maximum points you can gain from experience is 3 years, if it's more than 3 years it doesn't matter.
From what you pointed out
writting the date I finished my internship (31/8/2009) or the date I registered with dental council (22/11/2009) will not matter in my case as I have more than 3 years experience?Correct?

Last edited:

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
My uni issued a temporary certificate written at the bottom this is a temporary certificate until xxxx finishes their internship
Try to get one like it

Nanhash

Dec 16, 2017
Hi I am dentist from Pakistan having 6yrs. of work experience.Did my ECA from Wes and given my ielts with speaking 6.5 writing6 listening6 reading6.5 but when apply EE they said I m enligible.Kindly help me out in finding the possible r

Dentist 1234

Dec 4, 2018
Yes, I have received ITA today. :)

She should improve IELTS and try for PR...
Dear Doctor,

I have a question on paid dental internship.
Does it count as a full time work experience since it's a part of our study?

You help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dentist 1234

Dec 4, 2018
Hi
I am a BDS

My wes report said:

Canadian equivalency - Five years of professional study in dentistry

Remarks - Bachelor of dental surgery is the first professional degree in dentistry in India
Hello Dear,

You must have been gone through all the process by now.

I have a question,
Does full-time paid internship count as a full time work experience? Although it was a part of my study.

Please help me if you have any idea.

Thanks