+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
do you guys know how long it takes for the following phases, which are typically towards the end?
  • Security
  • Eligibility
I have the same question. If you search online it says anywhere between 1 to 12 months. Which is nonsense in my opinion.
Based on the records from before the pandemic, it takes a few weeks to two months. They say because of Covid security is taking longer because they outsource it and have no control over it.
If we look at the timelines for November and December 2019 applicants, started processing Jan 5 2021, prearrival Jan 8 to Feb 9. So between a week to a month in the current pandemic situation.
They never give you a clear answer though. I am waiting for security to finish. I asked my MP for the start date of security and current status. Will post it here when security is complete.

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Exactly. All I am asking is transparency. We have the right to know what's going on. If they are prioritizing others over us at least we can make plans. If I know they will not give me anything for the next 4 months I will leave my job and go to my spouse. We have been extending this torture month by month for more than a year now.
Exactly!!! So many of us just want to know whats going on so that we dont have false hope every day and get crushed every week its so exhausting!!! Screw the VOs and Immigration for the lack of empathy and complete disregard to our well being

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Still waiting, no news, question...
once you receive pre-arrival letter, what happens next? I guess the pre-arrival means you have passed all the steps? is this correct?
I read the forums but dont understand the next couple of steps once pre-arrival is received

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Still waiting, no news, question...
once you receive pre-arrival letter, what happens next? I guess the pre-arrival means you have passed all the steps? is this correct?
I read the forums but dont understand the next couple of steps once pre-arrival is received
Its not an official approval letter. But most likely it means its all good then you get DM and PPR. Keep in mind, some poeple never get that pre arrival anyway and go straight to PPR. Nothing is in order these days

Reactions: daniel.teh

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Its not an official approval letter. But most likely it means its all good then you get DM and PPR. Keep in mind, some poeple never get that pre arrival anyway and go straight to PPR. Nothing is in order these days
oh okay, so its just a letter, my friend that got his told me there is a link on the letter that provides services but you are not obligated to opt for them or sign up. So nothing he needs to do at this point? just wait for another message with his DM and PPR? How long does passport request come after the pre arrival

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
oh okay, so its just a letter, my friend that got his told me there is a link on the letter that provides services but you are not obligated to opt for them or sign up. So nothing he needs to do at this point? just wait for another message with his DM and PPR? How long does passport request come after the pre arrival
Yeah pre arrival is just an invitation to some free services new immigrants can use and its optional. And no one can tell how long. Some people waited for a few days only some a few months. At this point timelines dont mean anything it all depends on VO.

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Just spoke to my MP office. They said that there is no update or change in my application from when they first checked three months ago. Ankara is blaming Covid and the influx of applications after the Beirut explosion. Unforgivable

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Just spoke to my MP office. They said that there is no update or change in my application from when they first checked three months ago. Ankara is blaming Covid and the influx of applications after the Beirut explosion. Unforgivable
whats your file status now?

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
They should transfer Ankara/Beirut applications to Canada or another VO for processing. App from India are processed in China and everything is flowing well.
We must speak out. Otherwise they keep prioritizing other apps over us.
Ankara is issuing student visas very quickly, within 2 months. They ask applicants to pay the tuition and they give visa.
How come Ankara can work on student visas but they don't have capacity for us?
This is sick.

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Ask them for file status update in writing. Ask them to send you an email/reply to your email. This way you can follow and take it to higher offices.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Yeah so most of us in this current batch are Jan or Feb 2020 applicants. I remember with the previous batch they had to wait somewhat between 14 to 16 months on average. Although some got it at 12 months and some got it at 18, depending on their files and different situations, but i think an average of 15/16 months in total is the new normal with Ankara.

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
Hello All .. we got decision made today ... application February 21 2020
Ankara started processing January 4 2021
Today March 25 2021 decision made
Now waiting Ppr I guess hopefully everyone hear good news soon

Reactions: Mvrcopolo and EhsRm