+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Sponsor Information is mentioned at the bottom of your CoPR. Based on that information you are exempt from travel restrictions. Airline agents and Immigration officers are aware of this. So, no. You do not need an authorization letter to be able to board the airplane or to enter Canada. (For those who are not sponsored such as FSW or PNP applicants, the sponsor information section states: Not Applicable)
Regarding the Nilgam agency; well, the atmosphere is quite unprofessional in my opinion. They're always joking around which I didn't like. But they get the job done, and that's the main point.
The problem is we lived together here in Tehran and he moved to canada a few months ago although we announced his address is changed via webform but his previous address is on my document.

Last edited:

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
The problem is we lived together here in Tehran and he moved to canada a few months ago although we announced his address is changed via webform but his previous address is on my document.
Are you a family class applicant? Are you sponsored by an immediate family that has Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status? Is the CoPR for the family class (the COPR category under Application Details will be FC)? If your answer to these questions is YES, then you are exempt from travel restrictions, and you do not need an authorization letter.
At the port of entry, however, you must have two types of documents to prove immediate family status and your relationship (in case the CBSA officer asks for it):
  • one that shows your immediate family member’s status as a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person registered under the Indian Act, or a temporary resident (Your husband's Canadian passport/proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a citizenship certificate, citizenship card, or provincial or territorial birth certificate/a Canadian permanent resident card or a Canadian permanent resident travel document)
  • one that shows your relationship to that family member (a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) for the family class)
Your husband's address at the time of application is irrelevant. Furthermore, you'll be asked for an address for your 14-day quarantine which I assume is your husband's Canadian address. CBSA officers are not idiots, they will clearly see that you are going to unite with your husband who is your sponsor. Don't worry.

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
Another week of no communication. Lost any and all respect for the Canadian bureaucratic processes.
its a roller coaster of emotion each week, suspense and anticipation early in the week, disappointment at the end of the week, boost of moral and patience on the weekend and the cycle repeats..... for 14 months almost, we have grown hopeless and no one is here to listen or do something....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarahalsamak

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
its a roller coaster of emotion each week, suspense and anticipation early in the week, disappointment at the end of the week, boost of moral and patience on the weekend and the cycle repeats..... for 14 months almost, we have grown hopeless and no one is here to listen or do something....
We are reaching out to MPs. Ankara stopped since February. Those who got DM or prearrival are still waiting for the next step.
Please contact your MPs. Something is going on.
Other VOs are giving DM to April 2020 applicants.

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi
I received PPR too and I sent my passport to Ankara by Nilgam last week. I used their service for renewing my husband's passport a few years ago and as I know passports are carried by a person.it seems better to take risks to miss your flight.
Hi friend :)
Did you receive your passport? Or any other communication from Ankara since February?

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Are you a family class applicant? Are you sponsored by an immediate family that has Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status? Is the CoPR for the family class (the COPR category under Application Details will be FC)? If your answer to these questions is YES, then you are exempt from travel restrictions, and you do not need an authorization letter.
At the port of entry, however, you must have two types of documents to prove immediate family status and your relationship (in case the CBSA officer asks for it):
  • one that shows your immediate family member’s status as a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person registered under the Indian Act, or a temporary resident (Your husband's Canadian passport/proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a citizenship certificate, citizenship card, or provincial or territorial birth certificate/a Canadian permanent resident card or a Canadian permanent resident travel document)
  • one that shows your relationship to that family member (a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) for the family class)
Your husband's address at the time of application is irrelevant. Furthermore, you'll be asked for an address for your 14-day quarantine which I assume is your husband's Canadian address. CBSA officers are not idiots, they will clearly see that you are going to unite with your husband who is your sponsor. Don't worry.
Thanks a lot .

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
They are not slow, looks like they just stopped working all together. We need to understand what's going on. No communications for a month now. Even with those who got decision made.
I think the same, seems like they stopped working. They used to reply to emails, even that stopped.

daniel.teh

Mar 14, 2021
I heard from a turkish lawyer in Akara that they are doing student visas and tourist visa, and i was shocked because those are not on the exemption list like immediate family... i heard that there is a financial incentive for these particular visas, not sure if it is true or not but if this is true, its definitely not the right thing to do