+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I think so too! Ours has been with them since Dec 29th but since that was during Christmas break I think they didn't actually start till Jan 4th! I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they take so long without providing appropriate information to people. If they don't want to let people into Ontario they should just tell us!
Either this or the applicants whose meds are expiring, they might need to extend those and issue revised copr. That could be a reason too

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Too bad, we already got tickets for Friday and I’m not sure if I can get transit visa in 3 days
Yeah would be pretty tricky. If you need a visa to enter USA, for sure you need a transit visa for any stopover irrespective of duration

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
They won't let you board the flight. Get it changed now. All Travellers transiting through the US need a Visa if they are not a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program Designated Country.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/transit.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html
We are trying to change it now, but it will be ok not getting transit visa for Europe if I don’t leave the airport ?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
We are trying to change it now, but it will be ok not getting transit visa for Europe if I don’t leave the airport ?
For layover in the EU, you do not need a transit visa if your fight journey is continuing to Canada or the US. So you don't need it. Its just the US and Canada you need a transit visa if your final destination is not either of them.

Reactions: Vazira

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
For layover in the EU, you do not need a transit visa if your fight journey is continuing to Canada or the US. So you don't need it. Its just the US and Canada you need a transit visa if your final destination is not either of them.
Thank you for reply !:)

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Either this or the applicants whose meds are expiring, they might need to extend those and issue revised copr. That could be a reason too
Hello, no they said to him he doesn't need new medicals. They expired during COVID in April 2020 and they said he doesn't need any new ones!

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello, no they said to him he doesn't need new medicals. They expired during COVID in April 2020 and they said he doesn't need any new ones!
I emailed ankara office, they responded with the email below:
"
Dear sir/madam,
Thank you for your email.
Your medical validities were expired. Now they extended and we will issue your visas and return your passports back to VFS GLOBAL center shortly,
"

Hence this confirms that the delay is in cases where medical needs to be extended

Reactions: EhsRm

Treasure59

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hello, i see ircc ankara started to process your application on january 20th, please what date exactly where you sent a mail that your passport was stamped and sent back to vfs? Just trying to decide how my timeline will be as my passport got to ircc ankara on 29th january.

Yes it is spousal sponsorship application and I’m going to Alberta. I applied from Turkey but I’m citizen of Uzbekistan. I sent my passport on January 15, they started to process it on January 20 and got it back today

Treasure59

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Please do you live in turkey? If yes istanbul or ankara? Also when was your passport stamped before receiving the passports?

Big congratulations on the final stage!

Hi guys, i also got passports back today.
Alhamdulillah.
I am a May 02,2019 applicant
got ppr in December 23 ,2020
sent passport on the January 15.22021

fella76

Oct 13, 2020
Please do you live in turkey? If yes istanbul or ankara? Also when was your passport stamped before receiving the passports?

Big congratulations on the final stage!
Hi there,
I received the passport request on January 14
send out my documents to Ankara vfs on January 15 via ptt cargo
vfs sent the documents to the embassy on January 20
received back documents on the February 01
vfs got the passports January 29
so we sent everythping from Istanbul to Ankara
it took only 2 days to go vfs and the same amount to received back

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I emailed ankara office, they responded with the email below:
"
Dear sir/madam,
Thank you for your email.
Your medical validities were expired. Now they extended and we will issue your visas and return your passports back to VFS GLOBAL center shortly,
"

Hence this confirms that the delay is in cases where medical needs to be extended
Hello,
Thank you for sharing. I have seen medicals extended for Turkish nationals. Do you know if they extend the medical for Iranian applicants too?