+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Seems like they are purposely slowing down the process. We can’t get our spouses here nor can we go visit them without jumping through a million hurdles and spending thousands of dollars.

Seems like pure sadism from the Trudeau government. Thoughts on this? I was planning on flying to turkey to meet my wife as we haven’t seen each other in over a year and a half.

• Sad
Reactions: hemen and UmairS

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Seems like they are purposely slowing down the process. We can’t get our spouses here nor can we go visit them without jumping through a million hurdles and spending thousands of dollars.

Seems like pure sadism from the Trudeau government. Thoughts on this? I was planning on flying to turkey to meet my wife as we haven’t seen each other in over a year and a half.
I know or is absolutely ridiculous. I say go see your wife. Nothing more important than being together!

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020

I fully understand you buddy. I havent seen my wife more than a year now and i knew when winter comes they might stop all processing again and never say a word about it just like what they did last year. It would be more understanding if they would simply say we do the process but cant promise a visa issuance during this time.
Im stuck too, cant leave because of my job here and theres no way we can get a TRV for her. People who change location during the process usually got additional requests to explain where they are why they are there and what they are doing. That just adds up to the already delayed process.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

Do you know how long it takes for "in process" to change to "decision made"? I mean recently. My app is in process by Ankara since Jan. 5 2021. App received Jan 2020.

Thanks
Sorry I don’t understand. Which App was received in Jan 2020?

i sent my application to Ankara on Dec 11th got tracking number dec 21st then in process Dec 29th and decision Made on Jan 19th. However my visa still had not been issued and when I look at the track number on VFS it still says in process so super confused!!

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Sorry I don’t understand. Which App was received in Jan 2020?

i sent my application to Ankara on Dec 11th got tracking number dec 21st then in process Dec 29th and decision Made on Jan 19th. However my visa still had not been issued and when I look at the track number on VFS it still says in process so super confused!! Still waiting for embassy to issue and send passport to VAC and back to nilgam

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I fully understand you buddy. I havent seen my wife more than a year now and i knew when winter comes they might stop all processing again and never say a word about it just like what they did last year. It would be more understanding if they would simply say we do the process but cant promise a visa issuance during this time.
Im stuck too, cant leave because of my job here and theres no way we can get a TRV for her. People who change location during the process usually got additional requests to explain where they are why they are there and what they are doing. That just adds up to the already delayed process.
I don’t think they have stopped issuing them as Nilgam has said they are getting passports back. To be honest I think it is about where in Canada you plan on landing. The COVID situation is different in all the 4 major cities with Toronto and province of Ontario being the worst. So they want to restrict those travelling to Ontario by slowing down processing. This is just a guess though

Reactions: EhsRm

Samanrostami

Feb 6, 2020
hello everyone, my application runs since 2019 September, no decision made yet, is anyone similar situation?
My application is from August 2, 2019 and I still haven’t heard anything. At the beginning of December 2020 it changed to decision made but we still don’t know that the decision is. We contacted the MP but he said to wait until February 15 and if we don’t hear anything by then to contact his office again.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Mine sat for about 10 days at the embassy. Thereafter, they sent it back to the Ankara VAC. Afterward, the envelope was couriered to the Nilgam's representative, which took 2 days if I remember correctly. Nilgam then brought it back with the earliest flight home. For some others, however, it took longer. So, you might receive yours within the next week.
Did you receive your passport? Mine started to be in process from Dec 29th and still nothing so just trying to get a more accurate timeline

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
I got my PPR email today
My timeline;
The application kit was received at the Canadian visa office in Ankara, Turkey on May 30, 2019.
Pre-arrival letter on June 23, 2020.
The medical examination results are on file and valid until June 24, 2021.( 1 year extended)
Decision made on Oct 19,2020
E mail for pasaport request on Dec 14, 2020
I guess it is true that it is approximately 2 months after DM.
Hello, have you received your passport back from Ankara?