+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.
Congratulations!, Yes you finally made it and this a very good news for all of us. I am waiting now to here people getting their PPR. I would like to think that the government is changing its mind about holding sponsorship applications.

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Guys, I just returned from the protest in Montreal, about 200 people were there and a few human rights activists and local authorities gave speeches with lots of banners that at the end were attached to the walls and doors of immigration building. It sounds like a promising move and I tend to think the government could no longer ignore our demands. Share your experience in other cities if you attended please.

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Congratulations!, Yes you finally made it and this a very good news for all of us. I am waiting now to here people getting their PPR. I would like to think that the government is changing its mind about holding sponsorship applications.
I filled out a web form and sent to immigration last week, this is their answer;

Good day M... Mehdi,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I filled out a web form and sent to immigration last week, this is their answer;

Good day M... Mehdi,

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
At least they are not saying your application is on hold! Anyways they are not giving any useful information. So many people are at the final stage and waiting for PPR, even with limited staff, they should start issuing PPR if they really want to finalize the applications

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
We have our MP looking into contacting IRCC to inquire about our application and we also sent an IRCC webform for PR and TRV as well, they responded 2-3 days afterwards. Here is the response from the webform:

Good day .....

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.

Until further notice, most people cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).

You can travel to Canada or be permitted to enter Canada if you are an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. To be eligible, you must provide evidence that:

If you're travelling by air, you need to:

Travellers entering Canada by air or by land will need to provide basic information using the traveller contact information form, available through the ArriveCAN mobile app, an accessible web-based form or a paper form.

When you arrive in Canada we'll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. If you're a foreign national, and you have symptoms of COVID-19, you won't be allowed to enter Canada.

You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don't have a plan, you should not travel to Canada as you may not be allowed to enter the country.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients. Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Cathrine, agent XXXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hey everyone,

Our application was received in July 2019. Last week, I got an email from the embassy in Ankara asking for 1) evidence of our immigration status in the US and 2) "Evidence the sponsor has provided notice to his US employer of intent to resign with evidence from employer his resignation has been accepted and last date of employment."

I sent them what they needed today. Will keep you posted once there's an update.

Last edited:

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hello everyone,I filled out a web Form to Ankara and they respond to me:

Good day,

You have reached the Migration Section of the Canadian Embassy in Turkey.

Please note that due to the current worldwide pandemic and the current travel restrictions to Canada, our office is only providing essential services. We appreciate your patience as we monitor a fluid situation in regard to travel to Canada.

Regards,

Liz

Immigration Section

Reactions: EhsRm

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.
Congratulations, did they asked about your transfer method from Airport to your accommodation(i.e. public transport, Taxi or who will pick you up)?

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Hey everyone,

Our application was received in July 2019. Last week, I got an email from the embassy in Ankara asking for 1) evidence of our immigration status in the US and 2) "Evidence the sponsor has provided notice to his US employer of intent to resign with evidence from employer his resignation has been accepted and last date of employment."

I sent them what they needed today. Will keep you posted once there's an update.
Are you a Canadian citizen who works in the US under TN visa?

pardis.tabar

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Hi Everyone,

Congrats! That's a very good news!
When did you send your passport to Ankara and when did they send it back to you?

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a question about the landing process.
My question is that if someone(my relative) pick me up from the Toronto Pearson Airport with her private vehicle, then do authorities ask her to also go to quarantine for 14 days?