+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
So I am guessing you have not received your pre-arrival letter yet, due to the requested documents, correct?
Lol, I'm not really sure what a pre-arrival letter is tbh, but I'm guessing not. The last "activity" I noticed before this was the medical approval back in October.
Are you also in currently in the states?

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I made it!!! Got the COPR on August 6 and hoped on a plane the next day. Everything went smoothly at the customs. All bags made it through.

I am now sitting at my home in CA and quarantining for the next 14 days. May God help you and your spouses. Feel free to ask me any travel related questions, I’ll try to answer as much as I experienced and learned.

Congratulations! This is such good news for everyone here! It shines some hope for us. I am hoping for the same good news for myself and everyone waiting :)

Samanrostami

Feb 6, 2020
Hey guys. I sponsored my brother to come to Canada and IRCC received his application on August 2 2019. He was send to do his finger prints at VFS in October 2019 and then his medical. They received his medical on November 16 2019. Since then we have not heard anything. If he passed his medical or when it was sent to Ankara, we don’t know. But when we spoke to IRCC back in January 2020 they said his application was sent to Ankara. We haven’t heard anything since then. Is this normal? Shouldn’t we have heard that he passed his medical or his application was sent to Ankara? I’m getting worried now because it’s been over a year since his application was received. Any insight would be really helpful. Thank you.

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Hey guys. I sponsored my brother to come to Canada and IRCC received his application on August 2 2019. He was send to do his finger prints at VFS in October 2019 and then his medical. They received his medical on November 16 2019. Since then we have not heard anything. If he passed his medical or when it was sent to Ankara, we don’t know. But when we spoke to IRCC back in January 2020 they said his application was sent to Ankara. We haven’t heard anything since then. Is this normal? Shouldn’t we have heard that he passed his medical or his application was sent to Ankara? I’m getting worried now because it’s been over a year since his application was received. Any insight would be really helpful. Thank you.
Have either of you created an online account and linked the application to it? It should say when you passed your medical exam. You can also try logging into online services to check your application status.
But to answer your question, it's not normal, but unfortunately it's how it's been lately due the pandemic. Our application timeline is very similar to yours (received in July, fingerprint and medical done in October) and we haven't heard anything since October except for a request for additional documents last week.

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Try link your application to GCKEy. ECAS only says that medical results have been received. At least for me this is the case, Only in my GCKEy account I can see the the medical is passed.

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Just checked my application via ECAS and the Permanent Residence Application Status now reads "Decision Made"

Application received: July 12, 2019
Bio passed: September 20 Med passed: October 01
When did it chane to DM?

Halakrt

Aug 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I sponsored my spouse , in November 2019 application process started and within a month our medical and biometrics where complete and our application got sent to the ankara visa office in December 2019 since than no update I emailed ircc several times and they would just application is on hold beacause of the pandemic , online status says decision made but no updates yet , in my last email I sent this is there reply

Please be advised that your file be reviewed and you will receive our passport request once all the statutory requirements have been met.

Any one know what this means or how long it takes ?