+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone, I sponsored my spouse , in November 2019 application process started and within a month our medical and biometrics where complete and our application got sent to the ankara visa office in December 2019 since than no update I emailed ircc several times and they would just application is on hold beacause of the pandemic , online status says decision made but no updates yet , in my last email I sent this is there reply

Please be advised that your file be reviewed and you will receive our passport request once all the statutory requirements have been met.

Any one know what this means or how long it takes ?
Are you checking the status using the linked account or just on ecas ? Because on ecas theres one "Decision Made" which is just about you being approved as a sponsor. That part is done here in canada so its no big deal but the second one which is the status of the applicant is the one that need to pass everything else before changing to Decision Made i believe. Also did you get the pre arrival letter yet? Its surprising that Ankara would finalize an application under 12 months these days but if you got it then thats just great. And to be honest none of us know what the hell is going on over there but it seems like they are back at it slowly taking care of 12 months passed applicants. So dont worry much, my wifes application is 7 months in and we still didnt get the biometrics request although medical and file transfer was done fairly quick for us at the beginning but pandemic changed everything. Just make sure you login using the linked portal account that way you might find more detailed info but even that website might not get updated precisely. Either way they would email you about any important update.
Good luck

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
congratulations for the one who got the DM, I’ve question did you guys check your process through GCKey? Coz I’m June 2019 applicant and I didn’t receive any updates

Last edited:

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
I tried many times to access through ECAS but it doesn’t work!
pls, can you teach me how to access through ECAS?
It might be that you are typing the required info in wrong order. You basically either login using the sponsor (only) information or the PR applicant info only. So choose application number as your identification type following with the application number. Then Last name (no first name) of sponsor, date of birth of sponsor (make sure you change the year as well not only month and day, and lastly place of birth of sponsor should be the country the sponsor was born.

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
It might be that you are typing the required info in wrong order. You basically either login using the sponsor (only) information or the PR applicant info only. So choose application number as your identification type following with the application number. Then Last name (no first name) of sponsor, date of birth of sponsor (make sure you change the year as well not only month and day, and lastly place of birth of sponsor should be the country the sponsor was born.
Thank you so much for helping me <3 I appreciate your help.
I accessed the ECAS and I found out the decision made but there’s no other information.
It’s confusing me “what does DM means”?

Last edited:
Reactions: EhsRm

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
Hello everyone,
This is my first post. I have submitted my sponsorship application on May 8th 2019. Yes, May 8th 2019 .. long time! Here is my timeline:
-Application received on May 8th 2019
-They started processing my application on June 24th 2019 and got the ‘eligibility letter’
-July 12th 2019 my wife did the biometric fingerprints
-July 19 2019 she did the medical examination
-July 20 2019 my application was sent to Ankara office

And until today I didn’t hear anything from them! It’s been a year and 3 months.
I knew a lot of people submitted their applications after me and they got the Visa. So what are my options?! I don’t know if I’m the only one who have been waiting for over a year. So can you please tell me what to do?
Thank you

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hello everyone,
This is my first post. I have submitted my sponsorship application on May 8th 2019. Yes, May 8th 2019 .. long time! Here is my timeline:
-Application received on May 8th 2019
-They started processing my application on June 24th 2019 and got the ‘eligibility letter’
-July 12th 2019 my wife did the biometric fingerprints
-July 19 2019 she did the medical examination
-July 20 2019 my application was sent to Ankara office

And until today I didn’t hear anything from them! It’s been a year and 3 months.
I knew a lot of people submitted their applications after me and they got the Visa. So what are my options?! I don’t know if I’m the only one who have been waiting for over a year. So can you please tell me what to do?
Thank you
Hello,
Did you check the GCKEY? Or the ECAS? They will show you where is your application now. My application is on June 2019, every week I send them Email and they always respond that the application on hold till further notice Because of COVID-19 . No one here got the visa or pr, but YES some of us got the pre arrival letter and the Decision Made and we still waiting and hopefully you will get good news soon.
my advice for you is to send them Emails.

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
Hello,
Did you check the GCKEY? Or the ECAS? They will show you where is your application now. My application is on June 2019, every week I send them Email and they always respond that the application on hold till further notice Because of COVID-19 . No one here got the visa or pr, but YES some of us got the pre arrival letter and the Decision Made and we still waiting and hopefully you will get good news soon.
my advice for you is to send them Emails.
On the Ecas, the first box ‘Left’ says ‘decision made, .. the second box ‘right’ says in process. I don’t have the GCkey account. I don’t know how to register. I called the IRCC many times and they tell me they can’t find my application in their system because my application was sent to Ankara. They keep telling me to send emails to the embassy in Ankara. I sent so many emails to the embassy but they keep telling me “due to COVID-19 applications are being held until further notice”. I even called them many times but they don’t answer.

JFK_YVR

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
On the Ecas, the first box ‘Left’ says ‘decision made, .. the second box ‘right’ says in process. I don’t have the GCkey account. I don’t know how to register. I called the IRCC many times and they tell me they can’t find my application in their system because my application was sent to Ankara. They keep telling me to send emails to the embassy in Ankara. I sent so many emails to the embassy but they keep telling me “due to COVID-19 applications are being held until further notice”. I even called them many times but they don’t answer.
Go here and register:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/register.html
Once you do, it should show your wait time has exceeded 12 months and they encourage you to follow up and get updates using their web form. Good luck, and keep us posted.

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
Reactions: JFK_YVR

arstechnica55

Aug 17, 2020
Hey guys, my fiancee is a young Iranian woman, we're going to have to marry secretly in Tbilisi after the virus as her family would not approve of our marriage/immigration and she does not have a lot of freedom in her current situation. Should there be any problem for us getting her stuff filled out in Ankara? The Iranian gov is not involved in any way?

NosNos

Aug 17, 2020
Go here and register:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/register.html
Once you do, it should show your wait time has exceeded 12 months and they encourage you to follow up and get updates using their web form. Good luck, and keep us posted.
I tried linking my spousal application To gckey but it kept telling me they couldn’t find my application. I tried different methods such as UCI number, application number, date of birth but still can’t locate my application. Maybe the last question that it said how many family members in the application? I said one (my wife) but Still nothing. Then I said Two but still nothing. I exceeded the 5 times attempt now I have to wait 24 hrs

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Congratulations. I am happy to hear that you are finally beside your spouse & All the best wishes for you together. By the way, would you please let me know about the following issues that I am worried about:
1.Did they also asked about your transfer from Airport to your accommodation(i.e. Using public transport, Taxi, your spouse will pick you up)?
2.What were their questions regarding your quarantine plan?
Thanks in advance for your answer :)
Thank you,

1. We told them we had a private car at the airport parking lot.
2. They asked if we had a place to stay and if there was anyone else staying there. My answer was no because no one was there.

Reactions: EhsRm

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Hi Friends,

As I am spending my days in Canada, I have thought about you guys and I just like to point out that, wait is definitely worth it! I am in such a gratitude of my spouse. Because, not for one second she lost hope like I did because, coming to the end of the process, I never thought I'll see the day that I was in Canada.

Many of you are in disparity but you will persevere this obstacle like you did with many others. I know it's very hard but, please don't lose hope and be kind to your spouse. Hopefully in the end everything will work out!

Praying for you guys! Good luck!