+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Congratulations
So far some of us have gotten our pre-arrival letters but, Pasifico, it seems like you are ahead of everyone else here, waiting on your passport to come back to you with the visa. So any movement on your case would be also good news to the rest of us.
I wonder if Ankara would give back the passport with the visa, in person since VAC seems to be closed now. Have you considered going to Ankara, to get your passport back?

Reactions: pasifico

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
So far some of us have gotten our pre-arrival letters but, Pasifico, it seems like you are ahead of everyone else here, waiting on your passport to come back to you with the visa. So any movement on your case would be also good news to the rest of us.
I wonder if Ankara would give back the passport with the visa, in person since VAC seems to be closed now. Have you considered going to Ankara, to get your passport back?
I will update the forum for sure. VAC (vfs) are open but they only work Wed and Friday. They only accept biometrics appointments in person. Rest is done by mail.

So the rest of the process for me is, Visa office (embassy) has to issue the visa and dispatch the passport to the VAC (vfs) which will mail it to me. Thus, going to Ankara won’t do any good to me, I just have to wait on the dispatch of my passport.

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I will update the forum for sure. VAC (vfs) are open but they only work Wed and Friday. They only accept biometrics appointments in person. Rest is done by mail.

So the rest of the process for me is, Visa office (embassy) has to issue the visa and dispatch the passport to the VAC (vfs) which will mail it to me. Thus, going to Ankara won’t do any good to me, I just have to wait on the dispatch of my passport.
I see, Thanks!
By the way, did they ask you to REDO your medical or police certificate before sending you the passport request letter?

Sepi

Apr 8, 2020

Could you please let me know when did you sent your passport and how long is it that you’re waiting to get it back?

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hello everyone,
I’ve question about the biometric.
I did the biometric on September 4th,2019 but it doesn’t showing me that I pass the biometric.

like this:
  • Date Received: June 20, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:*********
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:September 4, 2019
    • Expiry Date: September 4, 2029

• On July 1st, I got the pre arrival letter

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
Hello everyone,
I’ve question about the biometric.
I did the biometric on September 4th,2019 but it doesn’t showing me that I pass the biometric.

like this:
  • Date Received: June 20, 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:*********
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:September 4, 2019
    • Expiry Date: September 4, 2029

• On July 1st, I got the pre arrival letter
I think that means you 'passed'. It is more so a completion afaik. Your biometrics must have been submitted on September 4, 2019 and accepted hence it expires after 10 years, September 4, 2029.

Mine is similar, 'passed' on February 4, 2020 and expires on 2030.

-Please correct me if that's wrong :)

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
I think that means you 'passed'. It is more so a completion afaik. Your biometrics must have been submitted on September 4, 2019 and accepted hence it expires after 10 years, September 4, 2029.

Mine is similar, 'passed' on February 4, 2020 and expires on 2030.

-Please correct me if that's wrong :)
Thank you so much for these information but I’m just wondering why they did not write beside the biometric is “passed “ like other applicants ppl
And also as I mentioned that they sent me the pre arrival letter on July1st 2020. Does it mean that I passed everything or not?

Reactions: oondun