+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
yes, July 20th 2019. medical and bio done in Sept 2019, file has been at Ankara VO since Oct 2019.
I’m September applicant, I guess I have to wait till September anyways, but can you please let us know if you will get passport request as I’m curious how long it will take to get passport request and how quick you get it) thank you)

Reactions: AliPrn

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi All, We just received pre arrival letter for PR, our lawyer says " I wouldn’t read anything into this letter. It is just something that gets sent out at some point", July 20th applicant. So we are not sure what that letter means. regardless, We are waiting for PPR request for TRV and PR !

is this it ?

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp.
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter
(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I tend to agree with your lawyer, it does not mean much to me, no specific step is done and it might be just acknowledgment of completing 12 months processing time. I saw one of the members in this forum got PPR in March and still waiting. Congratulations anyway, at least it feels good when you receive it :)

Reactions: AliPrn

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I tend to agree with your lawyer, it does not mean much to me, no specific step is done and it might be just acknowledgment of completing 12 months processing time. I saw one of the members in this forum got PPR in March and still waiting. Congratulations anyway, at least it feels good when you receive it :)
i agree with you. It doesn't really mean anything. All i take from it is that someone in Ankara VO is working on applications. It's matter of time.

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hi All, We just received pre arrival letter for PR, our lawyer says " I wouldn’t read anything into this letter. It is just something that gets sent out at some point", July 20th applicant. So we are not sure what that letter means. regardless, We are waiting for PPR request for TRV and PR !

is this it ?

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp.
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter
(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hello Ali,
This is exactly the pre-arrival letter. Congratulations. I don't want to disappointed you and the other guys, but I got it on March 17th and nothing happened after that, I am a 10th June, 2019 applicant. I think they do not finalize the applications and send the PPR. Before the pandemic you get the PPR after the pre-arrival by the maximum of two weeks.

Reactions: oondun and AliPrn

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I could chat with Ankara Visa Office, I asked them about the processing of PR applications, the duration of visa collection, increasing of their working days, etc. And they just said " It depends to embassy, you should contact with them". I think the VO just collect the passports and send them to the embassy, in addition to doing biometrics, they haven't any role in the process of applications.

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I could chat with Ankara Visa Office, I asked them about the processing of PR applications, the duration of visa collection, increasing of their working days, etc. And they just said " It depends to embassy, you should contact with them". I think the VO just collect the passports and send them to the embassy, in addition to doing biometrics, they haven't any role in the process of applications.
Hi Mehdi, I don’t think you can chat with visa office. You are probably confusing visa application centre (vfs global) with visa office. The role you described above fits them.

You can try contacting the embassy raising an IRCC form online. Which I suggest to do if your application has exceeded the processing time.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hi Mehdi, I don’t think you can chat with visa office. You are probably confusing visa application centre (vfs global) with visa office. The role you described above fits them.

You can try contacting the embassy raising an IRCC form online. Which I suggest to do if your application has exceeded the processing time.
Exactly it was the online web chat of the vfs global. You mean conracting them via web form? I did it, but just they answered that my application is processing yet.

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi guys! Did anyone get pre arrival or passport request? I know some of you got pre arrival/CoPR in June and July, but still no passport request? It’s so ridiculous how they are acting and ignoring family sponsorship applicants! I see many updates for workers and student but not any single update for family sponsorship! It will be a year for me in September, I haven’t got any update since December. They gave update only for medical exam but nothing for fingerprints, background and eligibility(

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I have applied from Quebec, and as you may know we need to submit an additional document "CSQ" which is the approval of government of Quebec.
I obtained the CSQ in February and back then the officer told me that they will send it to Ankara right away and I do not need to send it myself.
Today I received a message from Ankara asking me for the CSQ!
The only good point is that I heard from them twice in less than a week :)

Reactions: Vazira

ARZBAB

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi guys! Did anyone get pre arrival or passport request? I know some of you got pre arrival/CoPR in June and July, but still no passport request? It’s so ridiculous how they are acting and ignoring family sponsorship applicants! I see many updates for workers and student but not any single update for family sponsorship! It will be a year for me in September, I haven’t got any update since December. They gave update only for medical exam but nothing for fingerprints, background and eligibility(
I am July applicant and had not received any update from October 2019! until last week. You are not alone my friend. It seems they have started doing some work but not issuing visa for anyone at the moment.

Mehdi_1392

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
10-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys! Did anyone get pre arrival or passport request? I know some of you got pre arrival/CoPR in June and July, but still no passport request? It’s so ridiculous how they are acting and ignoring family sponsorship applicants! I see many updates for workers and students but not any single update for family sponsorship! It will be a year for me in September, I haven’t got any update since December. They gave update only for medical exam but nothing for fingerprints, background and eligibility(
Unfortunately, that is completely true, they focus on the applications which just they can earn money. They take Family Class ones for granted. We should protest and say something. Yesterday I sent an email to the minister of immigration, Mendicino, Minister@cic.gc.ca , I think it would be a good idea to send him several emails and complain about this situation and Ankara. This is their answer that replied to me:
Thank you for your email addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. Please note that all comments and questions are taken seriously, and although Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) cannot provide a personalized response to every message, we will review and consider all comments received.

Reactions: EhsRm

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I am July applicant and had not received any update from October 2019! until last week. You are not alone my friend. It seems they have started doing some work but not issuing visa for anyone at the moment.
I’m glad you got some update, they should work better and faster as family members are apart and they stuck in different countries. I just don’t understand why they don’t send passport request right after pre arrival letter, why it takes so long requesting passport(

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Unfortunately, that is completely true, they focus on the applications which just they can earn money. They take Family Class ones for granted. We should protest and say something. Yesterday I sent an email to the minister of immigration, Mendicino, Minister@cic.gc.ca , I think it would be a good idea to send him several emails and complain about this situation and Ankara. This is their answer that replied to me:
Thank you for your email addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. Please note that all comments and questions are taken seriously, and although Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) cannot provide a personalized response to every message, we will review and consider all comments received.
I’m not sure if it will help somehow to be honest( I’m sure he gets millions of letters every day