+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Anyone tried raising a IRCC web form?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

This is more effective than e-mailing the embassy. That’s how I was able to get a natural response.
What did you respond to the following question, on the webform?
"Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? "
With my experience, If you answer yes to this question, it sends your question to that embassy (for example Ankara in my case). Every time I do this, i get the same generic response with the applications being on hold, statement.

Do you do anything differently?

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
What did you respond to the following question, on the webform?
"Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? "
With my experience, If you answer yes to this question, it sends your question to that embassy (for example Ankara in my case). Every time I do this, i get the same generic response with the applications being on hold, statement.

Do you do anything differently?
Yes, I selected “outside canada” which led to ankara but if u can find the thread, I mentioned the conversation there.

So I am waiting on a COPR. My PPR was sent on March 16 and I submitted the passport on March 17th.

Addition to the generic response, They asked me if I submitted the passport and I said yes and they said to wait for visa processing.

In conclusion, I recommend everyone to raise a webform and pressure the embassy to prioritize family sponsorships!

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Yes, I selected “outside canada” which led to ankara but if u can find the thread, I mentioned the conversation there.

So I am waiting on a COPR. My PPR was sent on March 16 and I submitted the passport on March 17th.

Addition to the generic response, They asked me if I submitted the passport and I said yes and they said to wait for visa processing.

In conclusion, I recommend everyone to raise a webform and pressure the embassy to prioritize family sponsorships!
sent a message through webform yesterday, and got an automatic reply back, right away, saying applications are on hold. same sort of message they have been sending out for the past few months

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
sent a message through webform yesterday, and got an automatic reply back, right away, saying applications are on hold. same sort of message they have been sending out for the past few months
Since I am at the COPR step, they added a question about passport submission at the end of the generic response which led to nothing.

I've been seeing a lot of news lately about MPs raising the issue at the house of commons. Some couples have been successful projecting their voice via local MPS. My rep suggested me to reach out to my MP as a constituent maybe you should reach out to your MP too. Also, I noticed that there is an option for MP's to inquire your case on web form. Hoping that would help our cases.

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
I got this response on the MP's inquiry from IRCC:
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on October 9, 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on November 25, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Canadian visa office in Ankara, Turkey.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 9, 2020.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVD-19 situation, we are unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on October 9, 2019.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on November 25, 2019.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
    • the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Canadian visa office in Ankara, Turkey.
  • Due to COVD-19 situation, we are unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
So pretty much the same useless info that is already available on the website.
May I ask when did they do the inquiry for you?
Also what stage of the process are you on currently (pre-arrival letter, passport request, etc.)?

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
They are clearly not doing anything :( I am hoping they’ll resume PR applications after the announcement on July 31st.

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
So pretty much the same useless info that is already available on the website.
May I ask when did they do the inquiry for you?
Also what stage of the process are you on currently (pre-arrival letter, passport request, etc.)?
Latest stage was transfer to Ankara. They requested the info this week.

pasifico

Jul 19, 2020
what announcement are we talking about here ?
Also there is a pattern in resuming services. For instance, some of EU countries and UAE offices re-opened in late May. They started off by opening for 2 days a week just like the Ankara office but, in July they started operating every week day. So, hopefully same applies to our case in Ankara.