+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Oh my, that sounds nerve racking! My husband has his interview on Thursday (in like 1 day)!!!!! Any tips or advice? What kinds of questions were asked? Was it more focused on after wedding date and activities or on everything, like from day 1 of relationship?
They asked how we meet, conversations, (we screened shot our calls and messages) pictures and visits after wedding (my pass stamps for ins and outs and that I am now living in Canada), my siblings names and where are they, my parents, original of our national IDs,... I think it is more after wedding than before.
I don't know how they got to the question, my husband answered that I will have to move because there is no way we can be separated. They might aske your spouse what will happen if the sponsorship is rejected, just in case

Last edited:

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
that is sure very stressful! hope the waiting ends fast and you get the good news.
what kills here is the waiting part!

but why it has taken that long!? What exactly they wanted to know, that they have not already asked?

and by the way can you say where are you and your spouse from?
Oooh the wait is the worst part!! We are from Burundi, Africa, my husband is studying there and I am a Canadian citizen.

Reactions: Aref.P

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
And I think it went well THANK GOD, I am almost DONE!! Finally, like a dream guys. We got an email today "
Request for submission of passport!!! The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete…
He is submitting his passport tomorrow to the Visa Application Center as requested.
I am super happy!!

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
And I think it went well THANK GOD, I am almost DONE!! Finally, like a dream guys. We got an email today "
Request for submission of passport!!! The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete…
He is submitting his passport tomorrow to the Visa Application Center as requested.
I am super happy!!
Congratulations Debdeb. Please can you share your timeline so others can learn from yours. Once again congratulations

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Congratulations Debdeb. Please can you share your timeline so others can learn from yours. Once again congratulations
Thank you!
Let me try to remember

File received in Mississauga Feb 13, 2018,
Schedule A online March 27
Medical request April 18
Sponsorship approval April 27
Transferred to Ankara April 27, later
Ankara in process may 1st
Since then there was no update on medical either passed or not, no police check, background, eligibility nothing!!
July an email asking interview language, Mid September we got a call for interview, then email for documents to submit.
Interview October 9, request passport October 10
Today I see update on medical as passed, processing background check, eligibility still reviewing!
I think update is something one shouldn't be worry about

I wish good luck to everyone, this process is so stressful

Last edited:

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Thank you!
Let me try to remember

Medical request April 18
Since then there was no update on medical either passed or not, no police check, background, eligibility nothing!!
July an email asking interview language, Mid September we got a call for interview, then email for documents to submit.
Today I see update on medical as passed, processing background check, eligibility still reviewing!

Thanks for the information and i wish you all the best.

Reactions: Debdeb

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
How do you know they started processing your application, any status changed or you received any emails? @sh.mo2018 Because the last email I received was the email that your application was forwarded to Ankara. Nothing after that.

Ehsan
I usually check the CIC LOGIN and the following, where it says they started processing my application on July 18th. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=2.118238857.1621988501.1535474007-394855477.1526066987

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Thank you!
Let me try to remember

Medical request April 18

I am very happy for you, also happy to hear such a good news that one of us is finally getting a visa.

When did you recieve your CSQ? I recieved mine about a month ago and it says they’ve already informed the Ankara VO.

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I am very happy for you, also happy to hear such a good news that one of us is finally getting a visa.

When did you recieve your CSQ? I recieved mine about a month ago and it says they’ve already informed the Ankara VO.
Thanks and yes it is a good news, I wish the best to everyone
It was in June when I sent my CSQ, after they told me it was already in.

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Thanks and yes it is a good news, I wish the best to everyone
It was in June when I sent my CSQ, after they told me it was already in.
So you sent it by mail? I don’t see any instructions on whether I should send the send the paper to Ankara, or not!! Where did you read that you have to send this to Ankara? Thanks

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Please let me know when you send your CSQ how long it’s takes them to get back to you in June.
I sent mine on July 12th then they returned the papers again in August so I mailed it back again on August 20th and recieved the csq on September 9th by mail. So about 2 months

Reactions: Lanak

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
I applied for spousal sponsorship and cic (Ankara) sent me this letter 2 times even though I’m 100% sure i have the correct document. If you have faced a similar issue please let know because any advice might help. Thanks in advance.

CIC: “Proof that your marriage at (—) Consulate/Embassy in (—) is legally recognized by the (—) Government. The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law. A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the host country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.”
hi there, personally, me and my wife haven't experienced this, but have you tried contacting CIC?

Reactions: Zita

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Oh my, that sounds nerve racking! My husband has his interview on Thursday (in like 1 day)!!!!! Any tips or advice? What kinds of questions were asked? Was it more focused on after wedding date and activities or on everything, like from day 1 of relationship?
wish you the best of luck, my wife's is almost in two weeks

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I am super happy!!
wooow, this is great, fantastic, finally you got it.
I'm so happy for you guys, it must be extremely sweet
perfect,
hope it works out for all of us

Reactions: Debdeb