+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mrmhmtl

Oct 3, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I got pre-arrival letter from VO Ankara on 13th September. How long will it to proceed to PPR?

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Hello Everyone,

I got pre-arrival letter from VO Ankara on 13th September. How long will it to proceed to PPR?
I think receiving pre-arrival letter generally don't mean anything, I've seen guys getting that email pretty early in their process (even before medical request) and also guys getting that multiple times.
But if you have passed all other stages, you can take it as a good news on the progress of your application and that you may get the PPR soon.
Hope to hear your good new here soon!

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi guys,
They sent an email to my husband for a "personal" interview next week and asked some documents.
Proof of relationship, emails, letters, conversations, pictures since marriage, original marriage certificate, his passport and 4 photos...
As if the person who was calling and the one sending emails are different. The guy on call said the interview was cancelled, he called back that he will have to go there without mentioning the interview part, then we go that on email.

Last edited:

Lamakupdy

Oct 4, 2018
I received the approval email on 20 September and they transferred my application to Ankara visa office so my question is how many months will I wait the interview

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I received the approval email on 20 September and they transferred my application to Ankara visa office so my question is how many months will I wait the interview
It all depends and interview is not mandatory, some applicants do not need an interview. For me, my application was transferred to Ankara 1st may, 5 months!! Try to relax, give it at least 2-3 months to expect something.

Reactions: Aref.P

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Same here, nothing since they transferred my application to Ankara on July 11th. I only know that they’ve started processing my application on July 18th

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23

ehsan111

Aug 27, 2018
Same here, nothing since they transferred my application to Ankara on July 11th. I only know that they’ve started processing my application on July 18th
How do you know they started processing your application, any status changed or you received any emails? @sh.mo2018 Because the last email I received was the email that your application was forwarded to Ankara. Nothing after that.

Ehsan

Last edited:

Zita

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
I applied for spousal sponsorship and cic (Ankara) sent me this letter 2 times even though I’m 100% sure i have the correct document. If you have faced a similar issue please let know because any advice might help. Thanks in advance.

CIC: “Proof that your marriage at (—) Consulate/Embassy in (—) is legally recognized by the (—) Government. The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law. A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the host country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Debdeb

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi all,
My husband did his interview today, it was not easy! He was interviewed by two women for almost 1hr 30min!! They told him to go and they will email the final decision.
He went back with his passport. I am very nervous now:confused:
I keep praying for the best.
Anyone who have an idea how long it takes to hear from them after the interview?

Last edited:

wb1029

Apr 14, 2018
Hi all,
My husband did his interview today, it was not easy! He was interviewed by two women for almost 1hr 30min!! They told him to go and they will email the final decision.
Anyone who have an idea how long it takes to hear from them after the interview?
Oh my, that sounds nerve racking! My husband has his interview on Thursday (in like 1 day)!!!!! Any tips or advice? What kinds of questions were asked? Was it more focused on after wedding date and activities or on everything, like from day 1 of relationship?

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Hi all,
that is sure very stressful! hope the waiting ends fast and you get the good news.
what kills here is the waiting part!

but why it has taken that long!? What exactly they wanted to know, that they have not already asked?

and by the way can you say where are you and your spouse from?