+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx,

So that's why. My cousin used the agent from lawyer and they told her to cancel her flight to Canada for this Friday. I guess they don't want to bother following up!!
Caz her status is still "is being processed"

sunny_day said:
Hi negmeg

He submitted his passport on Thursday morning. The guy at VAC tells him at that point that it might take up to 7 business days but agrees to put a copy of my husband's return ticket, just in case.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Arian and negmeh,

Thanks for the kind words.

To answer your questions I went into the embassy not the immigration office nor the VAC. I had a few BAD arguments with 3 people and the 4th person I yelled at said that he will look into it and 2 hours later I got the notification and picked it up at the VAC where I met Keeponwaiting22' husband. :D nice guy, he's waiting for his visa as well.
Please don't do what did, it was not a great experience.

Some more info:
1- CHECK the visa at the VAC!
2- In the package that they give you make sure that you have your PR papers as well.
3- They will give you a portion of your original application back. I only got my pictures back and a couple of boarding passes.

negmeg said:
Ombra 11,

How did you get the passport? My cousin whose passport was submitted September 02 is still waiting!!

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ombra for all the advice you've volunteered to give out on this forum. You've helped a lot of people and I know that all your kindness will be returned to you during your life. You and your wife will have a wonderful and joyous life together. Best of luck with everything . I think that people like us who wait so long to be together appreciate every moment they are with their spouse more.

sunny_day

Sep 8, 2014
Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that my husband got his visa this afternoon. ;D Along with the passport, they returned all the pictures, plane tickets and basically the original documents.
I sincerely wish the best for everyone. Good luck to you all and may your waiting time be as short as possible. :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny_day said:
Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that my husband got his visa this afternoon. ;D Along with the passport, they returned all the pictures, plane tickets and basically the original documents.
I sincerely wish the best for everyone. Good luck to you all and may your waiting time be as short as possible. :)
Congrats to you all!
I really hope we hear something soon.
Sunny_day, on what date did your husband submit his passport? September 11th or 4th?
I am crying on the inside and just trying everything I can think of to help but zilch, nada , nothing, rien....
Who knew it would get to this. I thought the golden email was the last obstacle to pass.

sunny_day

Sep 8, 2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
Congrats to you all!
I really hope we hear something soon.
Sunny_day, on what date did your husband submit his passport? September 11th or 4th?
I am crying on the inside and just trying everything I can think of to help but zilch, nada , nothing, rien....
Who knew it would get to this. I thought the golden email was the last obstacle to pass.
Hi keeponwaiting
My husband submitted his passport on the morning of Sep 11th. I was advised by a couple of friends to include a copy of the return ticket along with the passport when submitting it at VAC. I'm not sure if it really helps though.
I totally understand that the waiting is way beyond frustrating. It would soon be over. Good luck and stay positive.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
@Sunny_Day congrats!!!

@keeponwaiting I know it seems like they are testing your patience over and over again! But hang in there and stay strong!

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
@ Sunny_Day congrats!!!

@ keeponwaiting I know it seems like they are testing your patience over and over again! But hang in there and stay strong!
Thanks guys! I am really trying to stay strong and think positively. I really am but it's getting harder. My MP told me today that they are planning to review his file by September 26th!!! His medical expires October 2nd. I don't know what will happen. I am just praying to God that it doesn't get harder than it already has.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
What's to review in his file?? I mean his process is completed and that's why they asked for his passport so they could print the visa, correct?? There seems to be a one week delay for printing the visa and sending it back to the applicant. When did he send the passport to the embassy? Sept 26th...that's very mean of them, knowing that he came all the way from Iran just for this and waiting for more than a week now, hotel expenses, no family around etc. I don't know but I still think he'll get his passport by Friday (I hope!)

keeponwaiting22 said:
Thanks guys! I am really trying to stay strong and think positively. I really am but it's getting harder. My MP told me today that they are planning to review his file by September 26th!!! His medical expires October 2nd. I don't know what will happen. I am just praying to God that it doesn't get harder than it already has.

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Ombra's Last Time Here

Hey guys,

This is going to be my last post here on this forum.

Congrats to all of you who got your status changed -Application or Visa- and congrats to you guys whom just got your visas! Welcome to Canada in advance, you will LOVE it here!

My wife and I landed about 5 hours ago. They gave her a SIN number + the time frame for the PR - 2 months- and all the paper work for health card - which she can apply for 3 months after today- and lots more.

A few FYIs :

If you're going to bring something later make sure that you declare it once you get your SIN number. However it will take AT LEAST 1 hour of your time to go through this part of the process.
Your spouse doesn't need to go to other nationality passport check, they just need to go to the front of the line and they will be introduced to an officer to process the landing. During this process you will be speaking with 4 different people, passport control, PR processing which requires 6 signatures and 2 initials. Then the next person will be giving you information about the city you're staying in and then the last part is the SIN.

During the PR process your spouse will be answering 2 questions (have you been convicted of a crime anywhere in the world? Do you have any dependants?)

During the last part when you declare unaccompanied goods they will need one of the 2 things below:

1- Pictures of everything that you will be bringing
2- Receipt of the item that you bought, this one is a little tricky as you can only present the receipts that are AT LEAST one year old.

They then will stamp them and keep them in your spouses file for future visits.

Your spouse during the same process will be warned about having to be in ithe country 2 out of 5 years. Also if the relationship falls apart within the first 2 years your spouse will be kicked out of the country. And last, if within the First 2 months you require to leave the country you will need to obtain a visa.

Sorry if there are any spelling errors, I'm typing on my phone and I'm too tired to proof read it Lol.

Anyway, as this is my last reply, I wish you all a happy life with your spouse. My heart's with you guys and I know exactly how you all feel. Keep emailing the embassy -They won't respond but they WILL read your emails - while your application is in process and once your visa is in process keep emailing the VAC -the VAC will respond back within 24 hours-. This was my secret to get my wife's application approved in 6 months - against all odds-. Don't lose hope!

A few last FYIs,

1- For people who are in my shoes 6 months ago, when you email the embassy, make the emails personal, tell them what's in your heart.
2- You will get an automatic respond back from the embassy stating that due to the higher volume of emails they will only respond to the ones that are high priority.
3- Do NOT lose hope, it's going to be tough emotionally and physically, but keep the emails going.
4- Make sure that you email EVERY week.
5- Make sure that you BOTH email EVERY week.
6- Make sure that your spouse's email is close to yours in terms of working, it will look better :p

Keeponwaiting22, I got your number I'll call you once I wake up...

What a journey!

Thank you all for sharing your moments with me. Thank you of listening to my stories and complaints.

Stay Strong!

-Nima

babakbf

Sep 18, 2014
Montreal
Hi dudes
Canadda embassy in Ankara sent me and email and asked me about the translation of my divorce certificate from my previous marriage and also askedme to apply for CSQ.
I got CSQ several months ago and I have two CSQs "canada-immigration" and " requerant", do you which one of them I must sent for embassy? And so will I send the Original CSQ via post ?

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Usually Quebec immigration office informs the embassy about the CSQ. Well in your case something must have gone wrong. The "Immigration-Canada" is the one that needs to be send to the embassy, should they ask for it. "Requerant" is for yours to keep, you will need this to register for some government services (health card etc) once you land.

babakbf said:
Hi dudes
Canadda embassy in Ankara sent me and email and asked me about the translation of my divorce certificate from my previous marriage and also askedme to apply for CSQ.
I got CSQ several months ago and I have two CSQs "canada-immigration" and " requerant", do you which one of them I must sent for embassy? And so will I send the Original CSQ via post ?

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Re: Ombra's Last Time Here

I received an email from my lawyer telling me that the embassy has sent him an email after couple of inqiuries stating that "all the statutary requiremnets have been met except for the medical we have sent a request for an extension"

Now where do they have sent the request to? How long will they get the answer back? ( my medical got expired on August 5th)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Re: Ombra's Last Time Here

CanHali said:
I received an email from my lawyer telling me that the embassy has sent him an email after couple of inqiuries stating that "all the statutary requiremnets have been met except for the medical we have sent a request for an extension"

Now where do they have sent the request to? How long will they get the answer back? ( my medical got expired on August 5th)
Hi,
For Canadian immigration purposes there are I think 10 regional medical offices (RMOs) spread through the world with visa offices sharing them. As far as I am aware Ankara uses the RMO in Paris - this may have changed recently so I could be wrong. Everything is done electronically - the request is sent to the panel board in Paris and then cleared. No way to be sure how long this would take. If you have ordered GCMS notes you can see details about the medical in there.