+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband finally got his visa today!!
It's been a long tiring journey but we made it.
I did a lot during this time to speed up the process but I can't really be sure if they helped or not. I wrote letters to MPs, to the minister of immigration, to the embassy and my MP contacted Ottawa every 3 months to check the status.
And finally during these last two weeks while my husband was in Ankara, I wrote emails, asked Ombra's help, and my husband went to the embassy twice and got to talk to the guard who helped out.
Yesterday, at around 4am, I got a call from the embassy asking me where my husband was and gave them his Ankara number. They confirmed with him that he was in Ankara and staying at a hotel. Apparently, another guy in the same situation also got the same call. The girl at the visa office told them that perhaps they are trying to give the people who are in Ankara their visas before those who have sent their passports with an agency.
I wish we knew about putting in a print of the ticket in with the passport at the time of submission; I'm sure it would have made a difference.
In any case, the important part is that we finally got it.
I want to thank all of you for your help and support during this time. I will check in this forum from time to time and you guys are welcome to ask me questions anytime.
I wish you all luck and patience. There are a lot of ups and downs and emotionally it's exhausting. Stay strong and don't give up.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
keeponwaiting22 said:
My husband finally got his visa today!!
It's been a long tiring journey but we made it.
I did a lot during this time to speed up the process but I can't really be sure if they helped or not. I wrote letters to MPs, to the minister of immigration, to the embassy and my MP contacted Ottawa every 3 months to check the status.
And finally during these last two weeks while my husband was in Ankara, I wrote emails, asked Ombra's help, and my husband went to the embassy twice and got to talk to the guard who helped out.
Yesterday, at around 4am, I got a call from the embassy asking me where my husband was and gave them his Ankara number. They confirmed with him that he was in Ankara and staying at a hotel. Apparently, another guy in the same situation also got the same call. The girl at the visa office told them that perhaps they are trying to give the people who are in Ankara their visas before those who have sent their passports with an agency.
I wish we knew about putting in a print of the ticket in with the passport at the time of submission; I'm sure it would have made a difference.
In any case, the important part is that we finally got it.
I want to thank all of you for your help and support during this time. I will check in this forum from time to time and you guys are welcome to ask me questions anytime.
I wish you all luck and patience. There are a lot of ups and downs and emotionally it's exhausting. Stay strong and don't give up.
Unlike You,
My Wife submitted her passport to Ankara VAC Monday Morning Sep 15, and she received her Passport Wednesday Afternoon Sep 17 !!
She Didn't yell at Embassy or VAC, she just asked VAC officer "that would be a favor if they give her visa by end of the week, because she got ticket to return to Tehran on Friday".
They (VAC) told her we recently being too busy and have some problems, but we try our best.
And we didnt have any lawyer or MP at all.
We didnt send any email or pledge to Minister of Immigration !!!
3-4 days ago I told you to be patient and respectful, you said the VAC employees have no clue about their job and ....
But as you see, YES, they HELPED us and many other applicants
My whole application only took 5 months.
They (Mississauga) received our application on March 31, 2014 My sponsorship approved on May 16 and we received PPR on Aug 27, 2014.

JUST PIECE OF ADVICE TO EVERYONE
IN CANADA EVERY ONE, EVERY ONE, EVERY ONE CAN TAKE ONE 6 MONTHS COURSE OF IMMIGRATION LAWYER ON-LINE and Become to a LAWYER
SO PLEASE, PLEASE
DONT RELY TOO MUCH ON YOUR LAWYERS, BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE HAVE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT NEW GOVERNMENTS RULES.
Dont think they've studied years and years to become an immigration lawyer and they know something you might not know.
Rely on yourself, make this happen without their help, because I guess thats not a shuttle science.

Peace and Respect
Wish everyone luck

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My especial Congratulation to keeponwaiting & nima (ombra) wish you guys all the happiness & joy with ur beloved, and thank you somuch for all your kind help,

how about other guys esp the one in process; Mrs.Koor,Pooya, Canhill &...?! any new updates! honestly it's getting annoying ...so long wait behind, frustrating!! still waiting almost 8months ... :mad: :mad: :mad:

mhr:15.9
CanHali:11.8
nazaninf22: 10.4
luna:9.7
ramez:9.4
morteza231 :8.5
She.D:7.9
alisarbandi:7.4
erfan228: 7.3
alimos:7.3
bita444:6
Aduest2014: 5.8
aknoon:5.6
kingC:5.6
mSoltani: 5.6
Mrs.Koor:5.1
Pooya NP: 5.1

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
She.D said:
My especial Congratulation to keeponwaiting & nima (ombra) wish you guys all the happiness & joy with ur beloved, and thank you somuch for all your kind help,

how about other guys esp the one in process; Mrs.Koor,Pooya, Canhill &...?! any new updates! honestly it's getting annoying ...so long wait behind, frustrating!! still waiting almost 8months ... :mad: :mad: :mad:

CanHali:11.8
Aduest2014: 5.8
mSoltani: 5.6
Mrs.Koor:5.1
Pooya NP: 5.1
Really ı cant undersand them...why do they make all this?people want to go to Canada to meet theır famıly and they have to waıt more than 8 months?ı took my SA on 20th of August so i think i will have to wait a lot yet!!!!!!!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ninakap30 said:
Really ı cant undersand them...why do they make all this?people want to go to Canada to meet theır famıly and they have to waıt more than 8 months?ı took my SA on 20th of August so i think i will have to wait a lot yet!!!!!!!
It's so unfair & frustrating to all couples; be soooo far away from your loved 1... :( :(

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
She.D said:
It's so unfair & frustrating to all couples; be soooo far away from your loved 1... :( :(
yes exactly.about me i am in turkey with my husband living here with hım but agaın we want to move to canada as soon as possible...thıs waıtıng tıme kılls us...what are they doıng?:(((((or they do not work hard or the cases are too dıffıcult....too much scrutınızıng...ı dont know what to say :(

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ninakap30 said:
yes exactly.about me i am in turkey with my husband living here with hım but agaın we want to move to canada as soon as possible...thıs waıtıng tıme kılls us...what are they doıng?:(((((or they do not work hard or the cases are too dıffıcult....too much scrutınızıng...ı dont know what to say :(
Sry hon to hear it...honestly there's no any good excuse to get so long for processing an application, they are also not dealing with abnormal or ...people, sure they've got their own family & how comes it's so hard to understand others feeling!!to be apart from each other for so long!!! :mad: :(

lets have the hope coming good news for all of us soon...after all it's really getting annoying & tough!!

hope for the best nina jan,

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hey guys, I see that some member's "in process" date and "ppr" date are the same in the spreadsheet. I was wondering if the dates are entered by mistake or if both updates really happened the same day?

Is member "Aguest2014" active in the forum?? He went "in process" on Sept 18 and his PPR date is also Sept 18th.

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Hi All,

I finally received the PPR email today and yes I am exhausted. I just came back from Iran a week ago and now I have to back again. Don't get me wrong I am happy but I feel all the bit of pain you guys are going through here. Hopefully you will all receive the PPR email shortly and can rejoin your families. Now the question is which VAC office would you guys suggest? Our friends in Turkey might know the answer to this question better? Should I go to Ankara or Istanbul. I know Ankara takes 4 days and Istanbul 6 days to process the passports but which city is better to go to?

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Congrats!! Most people in this forum preferred Ankara VAC - so far. I think it's because you get your passport faster and u don't have to wait another day.

CanHali said:
Hi All,

I finally received the PPR email today and yes I am exhausted. I just came back from Iran a week ago and now I have to back again. Don't get me wrong I am happy but I feel all the bit of pain you guys are going through here. Hopefully you will all receive the PPR email shortly and can rejoin your families. Now the question is which VAC office would you guys suggest? Our friends in Turkey might know the answer to this question better? Should I go to Ankara or Istanbul. I know Ankara takes 4 days and Istanbul 6 days to process the passports but which city is better to go to?

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanHali said:
Hi All,

Congratulates hon, sooo happy for you, I guess Ankara is the best and fast option, got back in this page and look for Ombra (Nima) & Keeponwaiting infos, really helpful, :)

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
Hey guys, I see that some member's "in process" date and "ppr" date are the same in the spreadsheet. I was wondering if the dates are entered by mistake or if both updates really happened the same day?

Is member "Aguest2014" active in the forum?? He went "in process" on Sept 18 and his PPR date is also Sept 18th.
Aguest2014 is in other page; applyabroad and that's true as he's saying he has got them both in the same date... fingures cross, hope this nightmare of longggg processing time got over for all of us sooon :)

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw where did you receive the PPR email in your email ''Inbox'' or ''Spam''?!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now we r like; hope for the best to all... :) :) :)