+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

sunny_day

Sep 8, 2014
CanHali said:
Hi All,

I finally received the PPR email today and yes I am exhausted. I just came back from Iran a week ago and now I have to back again. Don't get me wrong I am happy but I feel all the bit of pain you guys are going through here. Hopefully you will all receive the PPR email shortly and can rejoin your families. Now the question is which VAC office would you guys suggest? Our friends in Turkey might know the answer to this question better? Should I go to Ankara or Istanbul. I know Ankara takes 4 days and Istanbul 6 days to process the passports but which city is better to go to?
Hi
Congrats on the PPR.
If you're going to get your visa personally, make sure you include a copy of your return ticket when submitting your passport. My husband got his visa in 5 business days from VAC in Istanbul although the guy at the VAC had told him that it could take up to 7 days. He submitted his passport on a Thursday morning and got it back on the following Wednesday.

Good luck!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks dear. I hope so too!!!

She.D said:
Aguest2014 is in other page; applyabroad and that's true as he's saying he has got them both in the same date... fingures cross, hope this nightmare of longggg processing time got over for all of us sooon :)

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
I received the PPR email from my lawyer. I don't think it went to his spam emails but for people checking on their status they should check the spam as well just in case.

CanHali

Mar 16, 2014
Hi again,

Got a question, I know that my wife's file is Turkey. Is there a way I can go to the VAC office in Abudhabi and get my wife's visa there?

Thanks for all your help

Gvantsa

Sep 18, 2014
hi guys i'm new here, hope someone will be able to help me, my husband and i hand an interview in ANKARA on sept 4th, officer said everything was fine and we would get the visa but they didn't ask for the passport, officer said we were goona get the email (for submission of the passport) its sept 25th and still no answer!! is anyone in the same situation? how long it usually takes after interview to get the email? ??? ???

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Has your status change to "in process" on ecas? It's hard to predict when the ppr email will come. It's case by case, some people get it in a month some longer than that. You can check the timelines from the Ankara VO spreadsheet - the link is below

Gvantsa said:
hi guys i'm new here, hope someone will be able to help me, my husband and i hand an interview in ANKARA on sept 4th, officer said everything was fine and we would get the visa but they didn't ask for the passport, officer said we were goona get the email (for submission of the passport) its sept 25th and still no answer!! is anyone in the same situation? how long it usually takes after interview to get the email? ??? ???

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeeeeello guys I've got finally my PPR, hope you all get your email sooooooon & join your beloved, soooooo happy after all :) :) :)

wish u all gooood news so soon,

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Hi!!! Me toooo! I GOT my PPR email today! :eek: :)

It was unexpecte, 5 months exactly.

I can't tell you how happy and excited I am! Now I gotta plan my trip.

I just have a question though. They ask us to send the passport and all but in the beginning...It's worded like this:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we
need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision."

Is it how yours is worded? Like a generic email?
I'm so thrilled!

Hope everyone receive the email soon! :)

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanHil I am going to go to Ankara, do you know which address we have to go?!!

Canada Visa Application Centre for Ankara
Kavaklıdere Mahallesi Atatürk Bulvarı no : 154
Çankaya / Ankara, Turkey

is it the correct address?!!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pooya_NP said:
Hi!!! Me toooo! I GOT my PPR email today! :eek: :)

It was unexpecte, 5 months exactly.

I can't tell you how happy and excited I am! Now I gotta plan my trip.

I just have a question though. They ask us to send the passport and all but in the beginning...It's worded like this:

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we
need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision."

Is it how yours is worded? Like a generic email?
I'm so thrilled!

Hope everyone receive the email soon! :)

Coooooongratulation yeeeees that's the1 :)

Do you know the address we have to go?!! I guess that's the below one!!

Canada Visa Application Centre for Ankara
Çankaya / Ankara, Turkey

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Yeah I believe so..

Çankaya / Ankara, Turkey

How does your spouse can travel to Canada, Does she need a transit visa to Germany or Holland?

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Pooya

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Pooya_NP said:
Yeah I believe so..

Çankaya / Ankara, Turkey

How does your spouse can travel to Canada, Does she need a transit visa to Germany or Holland?

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Pooya
It depends on the country. Some countries, including Germany and the United Kingdom, have an agreement that as long as the individual is only transferring through the international terminal, is not staying longer than (I think) 9 hours at the airport and is a permanent resident of Canada or has a valid Canadian visa in their passport (and in your case your spouse will have their landing document) then no transit visa is needed. Also, Iranians can travel to Turkey without a visa so there is always the option of making the connection in Istanbul.

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Thanks soo Mazi,

You are right, maybe the best is actually is to go to Istanbul. The tickets are cheaper to Istanbul anyways.
I wonder if it makes any difference.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,
Pooya

KingC

May 12, 2014
You're only allowed to have one connection if your flight is going through the Schengen countries unless you have a Schengen visors visa.
My wife was denied entry on the plane recently when we were going to Miami so we had to change our plane tickets.

SooMazi said:
It depends on the country. Some countries, including Germany and the United Kingdom, have an agreement that as long as the individual is only transferring through the international terminal, is not staying longer than (I think) 9 hours at the airport and is a permanent resident of Canada or has a valid Canadian visa in their passport (and in your case your spouse will have their landing document) then no transit visa is needed. Also, Iranians can travel to Turkey without a visa so there is always the option of making the connection in Istanbul.