+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

zahraataee

May 9, 2013
Hey Lovers,

first of all, congrats to all friends who got their PPR golden email. 8)

secondly, may I ask people who received their PR card that did they apply for the card or the immigration office sent them the card without filling out any application! and how long would it take to get the PR card.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
mhr said:
Thanks She.D and SooMazi for your comments.

SooMazi, I'm afraid I dont know what GCMS documents are. I did a short research on it but didn't get it completely. Is it a feedback? Also, how is it relevant to my case?

To me it seems like that because in our case my wife and I are not distant so the urgency is less compared to most of the people here. I know it is hard to be far from your loved one because I used to be in the same situation for about a year. On the bright side, as I mentioned, I think you guys are in a better position from the officers perspective and by better I mean urgent.
GCMS notes are the information that CIC and the visa office in Ankara has uploaded to your file in their computer system. Basically you will see where they are in the process (generally speaking). You will see what sections of your file has "passed" and what they are still working on. You can also check that all the data they entered in correct and when your medical results have been extended to.

This gives you an idea what they will look like (I think this is for a Federal Skilled Worker PR, but you get the idea): http://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

First, you will need to to fill out, print, sign and then scan this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

Next, go to this site: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en and scroll down to the bottom (accept the info, click the box and press continue)

The youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo helps to explain how to fill everything out.

I hope this helps.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
mamali and Ali.irani congrats on PPR!! :D :D Great news!

Mehrdad, welcome to Canada! :)

Finally my husband got his PR card - it took 95 days.
Thank you very much Soomazi.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi Em.ma, I was wondering if you got any updates?? I am also sponsoring my Turkish husband, we just received SA last week. So I am at the very beginning of this loooong wait (hopefully it won't be that long)

em.ma said:
Any females sponsoring their Turkish husbands on this forum that are still waiting for any news from Ankara? Its going on Four months for us (but it feels like 4 years) since Ankara (I hope) received our package and we haven't heard anything back yet. Is it normal not to here absolutely anything since the package left CIC Mississauga in February .... the wait is really making me crazy :( Hopefully someone will get some good news this week, at least it will show us that they are working :))))))))))))

nanovecento

Jan 14, 2014
Hi Everybody,

At the end I am gonno apply for my PR application. All papers, medical check are done in Turkey. Papers signed by myself then I am gonna send to my sponsor to Canada to sign by my wife . But I am confused a bit in payment issue. Is that possible to pay all fees ( sponsor and sponsorship) 75 and 425 $ with my visa then send the files to sign by my wife in Canada? Which way is better because i dont wanna make any mistake and I know lots of people in this forum did this succesfully. My plan is that my wife will sign all papers and send to Mississauga ASAP.
Thank you in advance for you kind assists.

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Hi Kors,

Seems like we both applied at the same time. My status changed to "in-process" as they have sent the application to Ankara, would I receive a package from Ankara?
How does that work? I'm unsure about checking the application status from now forward.

Do you have any news?
Thanks,
Pooya

Mrs.KOR said:
Hi Em.ma, I was wondering if you got any updates?? I am also sponsoring my Turkish husband, we just received SA last week. So I am at the very beginning of this loooong wait (hopefully it won't be that long)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pooya,
The "in process" part is the longest and hardest part. You get no package or anything. Just keep on checking your email for updates.
I've been in process for 7 months now :'(
But I still have hope and know that it will happen soon.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi Pooya,

Your status changed to "in process" already?? I checked my ecas now again.

Sponsorship Application Status - shows Decision Made
1) We received your application to sponsor XXX XXXXXX on April 23, 2014.
2) We sent you a letter on June 17, 2014 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status - shows Application Received
1) We received XXX XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on April 23, 2014.
2) Medical results have been received.

I am not sure if Ankara sends an AOR saying that they received the application. I heard that some Visa Offices have this practice and some don't. Maybe experienced members can advise us for this question.

I never heard that Ankara sends any packages. I guess we just have to wait until we get an email from them, hopefully a PPR request :)

Pooya_NP said:
Hi Kors,

Seems like we both applied at the same time. My status changed to "in-process" as they have sent the application to Ankara, would I receive a package from Ankara?
How does that work? I'm unsure about checking the application status from now forward.

Do you have any news?
Thanks,
Pooya

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
I see. Thanks for letting me know. I can imagine this part can be very frustrating. :(

Well, google notifier keeps a good eye on my email constantly! :p You applied in December, so I really hope you'd receive your PPR soon.

Good things happen to those who wait!
Wish us both luck,
Pooya

keeponwaiting22 said:
Pooya,
The "in process" part is the longest and hardest part. You get no package or anything. Just keep on checking your email for updates.
I've been in process for 7 months now :'(
But I still have hope and know that it will happen soon.

Pooya_NP

Apr 8, 2014
Hi Kors,

Okay, Let me correct myself. I am exactly like yours.

You are right. From what I can gather, there's no package. Just the waiting game now. :)

I wish you both luck and I hope we received the good news together!
Pooya

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
I have not heard anything from them, it has been a very stressful 4 months for both of us. Im debating whether or not we should give them a nice phone call to see if they even have our application lol,

We included in our application the medical checks but even that hasnt changed on his status, so as far as my inexperienced eye can tell you seemed to be further along the process than we are. Im not sure but from what i read in previous posts if you get medical received it means they are working on your case.

[/quote]

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Ms.KOR i send you a private message with more details

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Pooya_NP said:
Hi Kors,

You are right. From what I can gather, there's no package. Just the waiting game now. :)

Pooya
You've assumed correct. Ankara visa office will not contact the applicant or the sponsor during the entire process until they request the passport, unless you are asked for an interview or further documents/information. It truly is a waiting game and a very hard one at that, but don't lose hope.

em.ma said:
I have not heard anything from them, it has been a very stressful 4 months for both of us. Im debating whether or not we should give them a nice phone call to see if they even have our application lol,

We included in our application the medical checks but even that hasnt changed on his status, so as far as my inexperienced eye can tell you seemed to be further along the process than we are. Im not sure but from what i read in previous posts if you get medical received it means they are working on your case.
I suggest ordering GCMS notes (you can go back a page or two when I talked about them plus the relevant links) to be sure the file has arrived in Ankara and what the visa office has done with your file (if anything) at this stage. Generally the visa office will not respond to phone inquiries or to emails asking for an update on the file. However, if you have a specific question related to the file due to changed information they will sometimes respond, it's hard to say. The online ecas system is not perfect; there have been several other forum members before whose ecas was never updated. Ecas is only as reliable as the visa officer entering the information to update that part of the system. Hang in there!

em.ma

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
Interview........
26-11-2014
Thank you for the advice SooMazi i think its a great idea i will give them to the middle of July if i dont hear anything i will ask for the notes. cant hurt right? :) Its been a really stressful process as most of you can relate, i understand most of these offices are extremely busy and cant provide a one on one service and let us know every detail of our process but a simple "we are working on your case" would make a world of difference to someone waiting miles away from their loved ones that check their emails 24/7 in hopes of some news. at the end of the day we are not numbers we are humans with feelings and it seems like no one cares about that part.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you, wish you best of luck as well!
Looking forward to reading your updates and good news here

Pooya_NP said:
Hi Kors,

Pooya