+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You actually spoke to someone at the Ankara office on the phone?!
I didn't know that was possible. What number did you call? Please share:)

In my fantasy, I go to the Ankara office, speak to a kind visa officer who feels so sorry for me that he approves the visa right away. But that is my fantasy. In reality you will either be told that it's in process and keep waiting or maybe they will tell you what stage it's at and perhaps work on finishing it faster. Who knows! Or some say they will get frustrated if you inquire too much. But maybe they'll be frustrated enough to approve your case to get you out of their hair.

In any case, if you do go, let us know how it goes.

Hka said:
CIC immigration office here in Mississauga received my application (sponsoring my husband who lives in turkey) in Jan 9, 2014. My sponsor application was approved mid Feb 2014. Ankara visa office started processing/reviewing our application on April 17th. They sent us a letter requesting a police check beginning of May. Haven't heard anything from them since. I've emailed, called but barely any response from them. To be honest when I called them I had the worst conversation ever. The representative there was super rude. I honestly feel like my hands are tide and can't do anything at this point. I am going to turkey in 3 weeks. Should I maybe visit the Ankara office in person?

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Hi guys,

So I have been waiting for just over 5 months. Is there an email address that I can use to contact the processing centre in Ankara?

Thank you,

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Hi guys,

So I have been waiting for just over 5 months. Is there an email address that I can use to contact the processing centre in Ankara?

Thank you,
hi ombra

It seems we are on the same page (mine is over 5 months now). When your process has been started? mine was at 2 June 2014, from there no news!! might be helpful give them a call either send them an email, but have no idea of any contact number

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
She.D said:
hi ombra

It seems we are on the same page (mine is over 5 months now). When your process has been started? mine was at 2 June 2014, from there no news!! might be helpful give them a call either send them an email, but have no idea of any contact number
Hi She.D,

Yeah I started everything in February of this year. I'm still waiting. I have emailed them and still received nothing back. I just want to know if there's a contact number that I can reach them at to get an update if possible.

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Hi She.D,

Yeah I started everything in February of this year. I'm still waiting. I have emailed them and still received nothing back. I just want to know if there's a contact number that I can reach them at to get an update if possible.
I have got this contact number (Helpline number: +90 212 373 58 07), not sure if it helps, As I can see on spreadsheet PPR from approval months (column) shows that most cases take like a minimum of 2.3 months also from the start day most took like a minimum 5.8 months (for Ontario cases), have a look at spreadsheet;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As9AzYZMOIQPdHJqUWRkYUJWaElSalJINUJ1TlBUZkE#gid=2

Please let me know their feedback if u contact them by phone,

wish u best of luck,

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
Hi She.D,

mine new update is like;

received application for permanent residence on January 29, 2014.

started processing application on June 2, 2014.

Medical results have been received October 23,2013

New UCI number for my application on 10 Jul, 2014 (Our UCI number was for my husband and now they changed to a new one for me on checking status update/CAS)

how about yours and other guy, would be lovely if the other guys who are still on process post their as well,

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SheD, what do you mean they gave you a new UCI for status update. Is that because you ordered GCMS notes. I hope ordering the notes doesn't prolong our process.

She.D said:
mine new update is like;

received application for permanent residence on January 29, 2014.

started processing application on June 2, 2014.

Medical results have been received October 23,2013

New UCI number for my application on 10 Jul, 2014 (Our UCI number was for my husband and now they changed to a new one for me on checking status update/CAS)

how about yours and other guy, would be lovely if the other guys who are still on process post their as well,

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
SheD, what do you mean they gave you a new UCI for status update. Is that because you ordered GCMS notes. I hope ordering the notes doesn't prolong our process.
I have not ordered GCMS. After my husband approved they gave us a letter with a UCI number, then our process has been started on June 2, 2014. Recently they gave me a new UCI number. I was told this new UCI is for me since from the beginning of our application (January 2014) till almost 2 weeks ago the UCI number was for my husband but seems now they are working on mine. This is how I was told from the CIC. How is urs?!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
And that's true they gave me the new one for status checking with my information. It used to be with my husband info (Family, Date of Birth, ...)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SheD,
I am checking my husband's status all the time using the one UCI they gave us. But I choose sponsorship and use my name and it shows me both sponsorship and permanent resident applications. I am going crazy waiting. It's been seven months and a half that we've been "in process". I look at it as a prison sentence we have to endure for falling in love with someone who doesn't live in Canada. Oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger; and we'll cherish every moment we have together once all of this is over. As long as we haven't received any bad news we still have hope.
She.D said:
And that's true they gave me the new one for status checking with my information. It used to be with my husband info (Family, Date of Birth, ...)

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
SheD,
I am checking my husband's status all the time using the one UCI they gave us. But I choose sponsorship and use my name and it shows me both sponsorship and permanent resident applications. I am going crazy waiting. It's been seven months and a half that we've been "in process". I look at it as a prison sentence we have to endure for falling in love with someone who doesn't live in Canada. Oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger; and we'll cherish every moment we have together once all of this is over. As long as we haven't received any bad news we still have hope.
sorry hon to hear that, not much far away from what we are experiencing now, but keep trying to be positive, your most is over now, shouldn't be that much far from now, ours is like 6 months, still no new update,
Our case status used to be like urs, my husband PR & my application/sponsorship, but they have changed it very recently (I guess from 12 Jul) we received a new UCI for me and with my information,

hope you & your love receive ur PPR very soon, Btw have you tried to give them a call at all?!

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
SheD,
when your application has started to process (part 3 below)!! mine was;

1- Received; 29 Jan 2014
2- Approval; 26 Feb 2014
3-Started processing; June 2, 2014
4-Medical received; Oct 23, 2014

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
She.D, I will call them tomorrow and let you know if I get any updates.

How did you get this report with the time frames?

She.D said:
I have got this contact number (Helpline number: +90 212 373 58 07), not sure if it helps, As I can see on spreadsheet PPR from approval months (column) shows that most cases take like a minimum of 2.3 months also from the start day most took like a minimum 5.8 months (for Ontario cases), have a look at spreadsheet;

Please let me know their feedback if u contact them by phone,

wish u best of luck,

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She.D said:
when your application has started to process (part 3 below)!! mine was;

1- Received; 29 Jan 2014
2- Approval; 26 Feb 2014
3-Started processing; June 2, 2014
4-Medical received; Oct 23, 2014
Mine is
Received December 5
Approval January 13
In process march 13
It doesn't tell me the date they received medicals

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She.D said:
sorry hon to hear that, not much far away from what we are experiencing now, but keep trying to be positive, your most is over now, shouldn't be that much far from now, ours is like 6 months, still no new update,
Our case status used to be like urs, my husband PR & my application/sponsorship, but they have changed it very recently (I guess from 12 Jul) we received a new UCI for me and with my information,

hope you & your love receive ur PPR very soon, Btw have you tried to give them a call at all?!
What number do you use to call them? The helpline number you mentioned in your previous posts? I haven't tried that one yet. I tried calling the one on the embassy's website (90 322 4092700) but it's an automated response, there's no response. By the way, what kind of response did they give you? Did they just tell you it's in process or did they give you more info?