+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Erfan228

Jan 21, 2014
Mrs.Asag said:
It means your first step is over and your file is being transferred to Ankara. They will then assess the person being sponsored. This could take up to 14 months, according to the CIC website.

Don't pay too much attention to the status online. Sometimes they don't change it! There have been people who have had their spouses land in Canada as a PR and their e-cas still says "Application Received". It depends on the VO and sometimes they just don't update the system.

Be patient and if you feel necessary, you can order GCMS notes to see what is happening with your file. I never did order GCMS notes but there are plenty of people on this forum who have and who can help you with that.

Do not contact CIC unless absolutely necessary (medicals expiring, change of address, etc.)

I've heard, they will send you a letter, and status changes to decision made and etc

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erfan228 said:
I've heard, they will send you a letter, and status changes to decision made and etc
If you've got a UCI number and an email saying your approved to be a sponsor, then they transfer the file.

The status is "supposed to" change but sometimes, it never does.

Erfan228

Jan 21, 2014
Mrs.Asag said:
If you've got a UCI number and an email saying your approved to be a sponsor, then they transfer the file.

The status is "supposed to" change but sometimes, it never does.
no,
they've told nothing about approving and transfering the file...

anyway, thanks for your help... I'll wait more...

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:( :( :(

CIC In ankara refused our application for visitor visa for my hubby parents! they were going to come here to attend the Wedding Ceremony and now they can't.

I know this is not a group for TRV, but does anyone have any information on this matter? we sent everything from wedding dress receipt to booking confirmation venue, marriage certificate and all yet they say they are not satisfied with the "purpose of visit"...why? what else I should give them?

salarr

Feb 24, 2014
SooMazi said:
faridzad, I am quite confused, really your file was not opened for 4 years? This is for spousal sponsorship or parents? Why didn't you involve an MP to look into the cause of the delay. Once the process time has been reached (according to CIC website, 14 months for Ankara) you have every right to investigate why it is taking so long. I wish you all the luck with this!
dear faridzad, please explain more about ur situation, i m so curious :eek: and somehow anxious that why this happened to ur file???

salarr

Feb 24, 2014
Abe1004 said:
So I had medicals received appear on 24th of February and nothing since...yesterday was my wife's bday...

To be honest, at this point, dont even have it in me to be angry anymore, just drained and pissed off, that this has stretched for so long...don't get me wrong, I know I have to be grateful since there are VOs that take way-way-way longer.

But at the same time, I cant help, but to ask myself how many more birthdays, anniversaries and special days I will miss because of this thing. My birthday is in like 10 days and I doubt I will be by the side of my wife by then...

I pray for all of you all the time, so we are over this disaster in our lives
dear abe1004, absolutely understand you.......we have lived for 3 months from Dec 2013 till now and tomorrow is the last day :'(he is going to back Canada and i think what a hell will be tomorrow for me ??? ???.... we hoped to get visa and com back together but unfortunately i will wait sorrowfully till the golden day. as dear mehrdad mentioned, some time you forget your spouse face, even you look at pictures and try to remember all the memorials............but i try not to lose my hope. this is the sole thing that has remained for me.......10 months passed and some times that i come back to the past, i see what a bad days i had but i oblige myself for looking forward eagerly for visa ...
Now just know none of you guys are not alone in this hard situation, so try to have sympathy with each other and hope to have more PPR in April , especially for those who are waiting more than 9 months.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
:( :( :(

CIC In ankara refused our application for visitor visa for my hubby parents! they were going to come here to attend the Wedding Ceremony and now they can't.

I know this is not a group for TRV, but does anyone have any information on this matter? we sent everything from wedding dress receipt to booking confirmation venue, marriage certificate and all yet they say they are not satisfied with the "purpose of visit"...why? what else I should give them?
Oh! That's terrible. Did you ask for a super visa or an ordinary tourist visa for six months? I have heard that super visa requires strong financial support negin.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No we asked multiple entry regular visa and now MP office tells me if you have had done Super Visa it would have been better cuz you have provided medical exam and health insurance!

so confused right now on what to do?!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
You and your wife are in my thoughts Mehrdad. Don't give up hope! I understand completely how you are feeling. My husband and I were apart for a year before we reunited. During this year so much happened (good and bad) and we couldn't be there (physically) to support one another. But in the very end of the story, your visa will come. It's always darkest before dawn so hang in there!!
I appreciate you for your kind words Soomazi. I know the only way is to wait. Patiently or impatiently, it will pass.I will wait for the dawn just like you did.

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
SooMazi said:
faridzad, I am quite confused, really your file was not opened for 4 years? This is for spousal sponsorship or parents? Why didn't you involve an MP to look into the cause of the delay. Once the process time has been reached (according to CIC website, 14 months for Ankara) you have every right to investigate why it is taking so long. I wish you all the luck with this!
Thanks for your kindly sympathy. actually my file is in process 4 years and my category is FC1 spouse sponsorship . im applicant . and my wife is Canadian. i know so well what is reason for delay ? just 1 reason. my file is undergoing further background verifications. cuz i have record in my file . ( deport of Germany airport ) i just wanted go illegal to Canada 5 years ago.

mamali1980

Jan 9, 2014
Congratulation persian boy
Please let me know have you payed your pr fee in advanced if not did they asking you to pay with the letter
Thanks

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erfan228 said:
no,
they've told nothing about approving and transfering the file...

anyway, thanks for your help... I'll wait more...
Okay, just be patient then. Remember, not everything on the CIC is set in stone. Sometimes it's longer than what it says, sometimes it's shorter.

Everyone here on the forum is going through the exact same situation so you'll have lots of support throughout the application process..

There is also a spreadsheet where everyone puts there information and you can see their timeline. This may be helpful to you.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi Guys,
In 3911e form, Appendix B checklist, CIC requested 8 photos (45-35 mm) of applicant and his/her family.
Does it mean only principal applicant needs to provide photos or Sponsor needs too?
Help me plz !
Thanks
Cheers,

persianboy

Mar 5, 2014
mamali1980 said:
Congratulation persian boy
Please let me know have you payed your pr fee in advanced if not did they asking you to pay with the letter
Thanks
Hi mamali, I had paid my landing fee in advance however a friend of mine who started his application at approximately the same time, also got the same letter within a day or two of me and he was told to pay the landing fee. I hope this helps!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aribc said:
Hi Guys,
In 3911e form, Appendix B checklist, CIC requested 8 photos (45-35 mm) of applicant and his/her family.
Does it mean only principal applicant needs to provide photos or Sponsor needs too?
Help me plz !
Thanks
Cheers,
Hi
The principal applicant must provide those photos, not the sponsor.