+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Erfan228

Jan 21, 2014
and finally we received an e-mail from CIC and decision made in "ecas", which means after 35 days, our application transfered to ankara on March, 24th!

wish to change to "in process" less than 3 mounth... :)
impossible is impossible!

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Erfan228 said:
and finally we received an e-mail from CIC and decision made in "ecas", which means after 35 days, our application transfered to ankara on March, 24th!

Congrats Erfan228! I hope the rest goes by very fast! Is it 35 "business" days?? The website shows the processing time as 27 business days

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Congrats Erfan228! I hope the rest goes by very fast! Is it 35 "business" days?? The website shows the processing time as 27 business days
Sometimes it can be more or less depending on circumstances.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erfan228 said:

Excellent! Now you can worry a little bit less :) Congrats! Now the "fun" waiting begins :) :p

befa42

Jun 17, 2013
I am sending some documents by mail to visa office in Ankara, any idea which mailing companies are approved by embassy?(DHL, TNT,....)
Thanks

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friday is almost over and I hope new week and month will bring us lots of PPR emails, IN process ecas and more updates...

Enjoy ur weekend everyone

Awdaf

Mar 30, 2014
Hi everyone !

I just got back to Montreal today. I was in Turkey where I got married less than a week ago. My first day in Montreal, can't sleep because I am jet lagged and want to get this over with so let's start today. I read more then 20 pages of posts, but none were helpful for a brand-new start. I try to fill all the forms, but some terms I don't understand, and I leave in Quebec but my husband only speaks english, should I do the process in french or english. Is there a forum for brand new beginners like me, like filling the forms step. And half people told me I absolutely need a lawyer, and the other have tells me it's useless.

Day 1 and I am lost, don't know how I will deal with the 14 months delay. :eek:

Thanks for the help. :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awdaf said:
Hi everyone !

I just got back to Montreal today. I was in Turkey where I got married less than a week ago. My first day in Montreal, can't sleep because I am jet lagged and want to get this over with so let's start today. I read more then 20 pages of posts, but none were helpful for a brand-new start. I try to fill all the forms, but some terms I don't understand, and I leave in Quebec but my husband only speaks english, should I do the process in french or english. Is there a forum for brand new beginners like me, like filling the forms step. And half people told me I absolutely need a lawyer, and the other have tells me it's useless.

Day 1 and I am lost, don't know how I will deal with the 14 months delay. :eek:

Thanks for the help. :)
Hi Awdaf, and welcome to this thread
Congratulations on your marriage, and happy Norouz if you are Iranian.
This is the very place which you can find people like your self who want to sponsor their spouses to immigrate to Canada. You have two options for submitting your sponsorship application:

1- You can do it yourself.
2- You can hire a lawyer to do it for you.

Before deciding which one to choose, visit the page bellow to realize everything about the immigration process and what you have to do from the beginning:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

, and also go through pages of this thread and you will find discussions surrounding cons and pros of hiring a lawyer (I think page 60 and after).

You may not necessarily wait for 14 months, it could be much less.

Finally, if you have any questions, there are nice people here that can give you a hand.

Mahtabook

Mar 30, 2014
Hi there,

Our documents were received by Ankara VAC on Dec.05.2013. It's about 2 weeks that our status has changed to "in process". You know, it's a kind of up in the air situation! when there's no file number and approval, you can't stop awaiting the "yes" answer and as soon as you hear it, that endless countdown starts!........... :-X

Thank God for all the speedy process we have had up to now and I really hope we all receive that golden passport request email as soon as possible. We need to take good care of ourselves and stay strong and patient till the landing day!...

Please share your GOOD and also bad ( :() news here...

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahtabook said:
Hi there,

Our documents were received by Ankara VAC on Dec.05.2013. It's about 2 weeks that our status has changed to "in process". You know, it's a kind of up in the air situation! when there's no file number and approval, you can't stop awaiting the "yes" answer and as soon as you hear it, that endless countdown starts!........... :-X

Thank God for all the speedy process we have had up to now and I really hope we all receive that golden passport request email as soon as possible. We need to take good care of ourselves and stay strong and patient till the landing day!...

Hi Mahtabook and welcome to this forum.

Ankara Visa Office Timeline spreadsheet http://goo.gl/WBjGFi
Add or Edit your Data In spreadsheet http://goo.gl/byjUfI
Dynamic Charts http://goo.gl/juVzLQ

Awdaf

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you Mehrdad !!

After reading all day, I think I will give it a shot alone. Thanks to you for your kind help. I am not Iranian, but I appreciate and accept your good wishes, we should all celebrate everybody's holidays. Happy Noruz to you to and all your family.

Now let's start the work !
Day 1 !!!!

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awdaf said:
Thank you Mehrdad !!

After reading all day, I think I will give it a shot alone. Thanks to you for your kind help. I am not Iranian, but I appreciate and accept your good wishes, we should all celebrate everybody's holidays. Happy Noruz to you to and all your family.

Now let's start the work !
Day 1 !!!!
Just a side note, if you do feel like you need some support and can't afford/don't want to pay the cost of a lawyer, you can always hire a consultant! They are just as knowledgeable and usually more than half the price :)

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your application. I am so jealous you were just in Turkey! I was there in February and I sure did not want to come back to this cold, snowy weather!!!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mahtabook said:
Hi there,

Hang in there Mahtabook. Your good news will come!

However, I wanted to address you statement of:
"when there's no file number and approval"
You do actually have a file number. Your sponsor should have received a letter of sponsorship approval (indicating that your file was transferred to Ankara) either by email or in the post and on the top of the letter you can see your file number.

Mehrdad kindly put good good links for you to look at in terms of average processing time based on users of this forum.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awdaf said:
Question !!!

How long did it take you guys to build up a file before it was ready to send ?

Thank you :D
Four weeks.