+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
Hi guys , Please kindly inform me about this matter.

I received an email about going to Ankara for interview . and in their email they mentioned to to interpretation, Applicants who do not communicate in English, French or Turkish will have to make their own arrangements to come to the interview with an interpreter. Immigration consultants or sponsors will not be allowed to interpret for applicants.

i am going to go embassy with my friend as my interpreter . just 1 QUESTION : my friend doesn't have licensed card because he is snot official translator . he just speak and know so well English . what's is your idea ? Can i take him to Embassy as my interpreter?
They didn't mention about formal or informal interpreter .

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another inner conversation.....

Dear Ankara Officer!

You are working super hard to process so many immigration files and we all appreciate that. Now I along other members of this forum is kindly asking you to work a bit harder and get our file in "decision made" status and PPR state by end of march..

Your hardship and effort is so much appreciated..

Negmeg

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys the processing times changed!!!

YEAH Is down to 14 now instead of 15! good to see some activity on that side!

so happy ;D

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi guys,
I hope you are doing well.
Im going to file my application.
Do you know if Im allowed to staple my attachment sheet to related forms?
Staple or paper clips are allowed or not?
I know that I have to mail all forms together, but can I put my forms (Sponsor) separate from my Wife (to be Sponsored) in another envelops.
Thanks

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
faridzad said:

I received an email about going to Ankara for interview . and in their email they mentioned to to interpretation, Applicants who do not communicate in English, French or Turkish will have to make their own arrangements to come to the interview with an interpreter. Immigration consultants or sponsors will not be allowed to interpret for applicants.

i am going to go embassy with my friend as my interpreter . just 1 QUESTION : my friend doesn't have licensed card because he is snot official translator . he just speak and know so well English . what's is your idea ? Can i take him to Embassy as my interpreter?

faridzad, I suggest you email Ankara and ask them this question. I find it strange they will not provide a translator for you. There are Persian translators working at the embassy. In the email, you should also tell them your friend's name and passport number and say he will be coming with you to translate. Then his name will be on their list. But I really suggest you email Ankara and ask them this question.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
aribc said:
Hi guys,
I hope you are doing well.
Im going to file my application.
Do you know if Im allowed to staple my attachment sheet to related forms?
Staple or paper clips are allowed or not?
I know that I have to mail all forms together, but can I put my forms (Sponsor) separate from my Wife (to be Sponsored) in another envelops.
Thanks
I have heard many times that CIC is not happy about staples. I called CIC about the question myself and the agent told me that when the application arrives the office worker will detach all the forms (so if there are staples they will have to pull them out) and they re-organize the papers according to their own system. So for this reason, we used paper clips. It was helpful to have some organizing to keep everything straight for us and then the office worker can easily take off the paper clips. I put all my documents first, then my husbands, then the additional proofs/evidence. I didn't separate anything into different envelopes. Our file was opened after 3 weeks from arriving in CIC-Mississauga and I was approved to sponsor the same day our file was opened.

Good Luck!

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
SooMazi said:
I have heard many times that CIC is not happy about staples. I called CIC about the question myself and the agent told me that when the application arrives the office worker will detach all the forms (so if there are staples they will have to pull them out) and they re-organize the papers according to their own system. So for this reason, we used paper clips. It was helpful to have some organizing to keep everything straight for us and then the office worker can easily take off the paper clips. I put all my documents first, then my husbands, then the additional proofs/evidence. I didn't separate anything into different envelopes. Our file was opened after 3 weeks from arriving in CIC-Mississauga and I was approved to sponsor the same day our file was opened.

Good Luck!
Soomazi
you are Awesome. that was what exactly I was looking for. Tnx
Do you know For Paying the fees, is it ok if I pay (75+475+490 CAD $) once all together and just put one receipt for all of them with my application?
Cheers

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
faridzad said:

Hi, hope you got your answer but I don't think they will allow it, it has to be a certified translator....let us know what is the answer they gave you!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arbic,

our lawyer said to pay everything at once so that your file won't be delayed for the landing fee. So to answer your question, yes you can pay all at once.
SooMazi may comment better,

aribc said:
Soomazi
you are Awesome. that was what exactly I was looking for. Tnx
Do you know For Paying the fees, is it ok if I pay (75+475+490 CAD $) once all together and just put one receipt for all of them with my application?
Cheers

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
Turkey2013 said:
Hi, hope you got your answer but I don't think they will allow it, it has to be a certified translator....let us know what is the answer they gave you!
I sent an email to them and they replied same the sentence about interpretation was mentioned in first their email .

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OWWW..

So someone called my house from CIC and asked for me and my parents gave them my cell#. they called my cell from blocked number and I missed it as I had my phone on silent.
They didn't leave a msg and now I am not sure if this was for sponsorship file or Citizenship. Caz right now it's almost 5 PM Toronto time and it should be midnight in ANKARA, so Im confused.

Those of you who got an interview call; did they call sponsor or person being sponsor? and did they call you at Canada Morning time or afternoon...heeeeeeeeeeeelp :D

Thanks

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
negmeg said:
OWWW..

So someone called my house from CIC and asked for me and my parents gave them my cell#. they called my cell from blocked number and I missed it as I had my phone on silent.
They didn't leave a msg and now I am not sure if this was for sponsorship file or Citizenship. Caz right now it's almost 5 PM Toronto time and it should be midnight in ANKARA, so Im confused.

Those of you who got an interview call; did they call sponsor or person being sponsor? and did they call you at Canada Morning time or afternoon...heeeeeeeeeeeelp :D

Thanks
my application is in process 4 years from Damascus till now , i never have heard that CIC call to sponsor or applicant for inviting interview. they sent email to me and my spouse for inviting interview .

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
OWWW..

Thanks
They called us! We live together though. They called his cell phone first and when he did not answer the phone (it was 4:30 AM!) they called the house phone.

If they can't get a hold of you, they will call you the next day! Ankara usually calls very early though (since they are 8/9 hours ahead of Canada).

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faridzad said:
my application is in process 4 years from Damascus till now , i never have heard that CIC call to sponsor or applicant for inviting interview. they sent email to me and my spouse for inviting interview .
They do in fact do telephone interviews. It's not really an interview, more just confirming information. They were on the phone with my husband for no longer than 5 minutes.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Mrs. Asag.

TO ALL MY PERSIAN FRIENDS ON FORUM: HAPPY NOWRUZ, hope we all get a "decision made" status on ecas soon.

TO ALL NON_PERSIAN FRIENDS: HAPPY START OF SPRING: this shall bring warmth and good news for you and your family...

نوروزتان پیروز