+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
persianboy said:
Hey guys,

So i posted here a while back but no one responded. I recieved a letter from ankara around 2 weeks ago stating that: Please submit proof of residency in Canada for your sponsor. Additional documentation could include the following: rental agreement or property deed in Canada, utility bills in Canada, income tax or Notice of Assessment for the 2012/2013, letter of employment from a Canadian employer.

does any one know what this means? and how far it seems I am in my process? any help would be appreciated!
I do not exactly know what a proof of residency is ( might be PR card, Canadian passport or something else...)
Additional documents are crystal clear as you mentioned.
You can check out your ecase on: http://www.cic.gc.ca
and then go to "check application status" section.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
persianboy said:
Hey guys,

So i posted here a while back but no one responded. I recieved a letter from ankara around 2 weeks ago stating that: Please submit proof of residency in Canada for your sponsor. Additional documentation could include the following: rental agreement or property deed in Canada, utility bills in Canada, income tax or Notice of Assessment for the 2012/2013, letter of employment from a Canadian employer.

does any one know what this means? and how far it seems I am in my process? any help would be appreciated!
Send any and all of those documents if you have them. This means they are processing your case and looking at the files you've prepared and their may not be enough to support the application. Send these immediately!

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
guys this might be a stupid question but I a little paranoid here.... so once the passport has the visa stamped on it, that person is allowed entry to Canada right? the email confused me by saying "we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make A FINAL DECISION" ?!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Ali__2013 said:
guys this might be a stupid question but I a little paranoid here.... so once the passport has the visa stamped on it, that person is allowed entry to Canada right? the email confused me by saying "we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make A FINAL DECISION" ?!
It means what it says. If all documents are in otder you will get your visa. If not then it will be a hinfrance to you receiving visa immideately

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali__2013 said:
Once you have the visa you are allowed one entry to Canada and it has to be within 2 months of when the visa was issued.

Bring everything with you to the embassy! Don't miss anything!

Ali__2013

Dec 29, 2013
It'll be somewhat fun trip, I will be super happy once everything goes smooth in Ankara, I have to say tho I'm very greatful we got the passport request! I wish the remaining people get theirs quick too. :)

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Mrs.Asag said:
Once you have the visa you are allowed one entry to Canada and it has to be within 2 months of when the visa was issued.

Bring everything with you to the embassy! Don't miss anything!
Hi Mrs.Asag,

In the email we received it is mentioned that my wife's visa expires until July when her medical examination results are expired. How did you find that one has to enter Canada within 2 months from the date visa is issued.

Thanks

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Hi All!

First a big congrats to everyone who recently got PPR and went in process!!! So happy to hear about your good news. ;D

I thought I'd share the latest events of my husband and I. I travelled to Ankara last week and met my husband who flew in from Tehran. We went to the embassy on Monday and arrived shortly after 8am. And yes, there were already lots of people lined up and everyone was Persian. However, things moved quite quickly. When I heard some people arrived at 6am I was shocked. There is no need to arrive so early. Anyone that plans to go to the embassy it is a good idea to arrive around 8am, definitely before 8:30, but there is no need to arrive too early.

I suggest to stay at a hotel in the Kavaklıdere area of Ankara. It is a very short 5-10 minute taxi ride to the embassy and cost around 10 lira. If you search booking.com you will find lots of good hotels around the $90-120 per night range that include breakfast. It's a good area for other things in Ankara as well (close to metro, Kizilay shopping, restaurants, etc.).

We went back to the embassy the next day at 1:30pm and he got his visa and COPR papers. We were so happy and excited. We landed through Toronto Pearson International Airport and the process was very quick for us - maybe we were lucky and it was not a busy time. There was absolutely no line-up or wait at immigration. I was allowed to be with my husband at immigration. The officer asked only a few questions (you applied through spousal sponsorship yes? Is this house address correct? Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Do you have any dependents you did not list in your application?) That was it. Then he made a copy of the COPR to give to Service Canada to get the SIN card and said the PR card would arrive between 6 and 8 weeks later. Customs did not bother with the list of goods we brought with us at all - haha, I was worried about it but they didn't bother to ask any questions about jewellery, money, etc.

Now our life can finally begin together after such a long time apart. It's almost like a dream!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soomazi
What an amazing feeling you shared with us, I am stunned. May you always remember the love you feel today, enjoy your time and grow old and happy together.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have always wanted to rush for first of spring, March 21, Nowruz..this year though, I am begging time to stretch itself as much as it can so that I can get a great news before then. Either way, I know we need to be in peace with time so please help me and others to find this peace inside and let the great news break itself in our homes...

Welcome spring! I shall look forward to see you and I try my best to wait for good thing to happen as they wish..

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Hi Mrs.Asag,

In the email we received it is mentioned that my wife's visa expires until July when her medical examination results are expired. How did you find that one has to enter Canada within 2 months from the date visa is issued.

Thanks
It said right on my husband's visa. For example, his visa was issued 21/02/2014 and expired 21/04/2014. Therefore giving him 2 months to enter Canada.

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Mrs.Asag said:
It said right on my husband's visa. For example, his visa was issued 21/02/2014 and expired 21/04/2014. Therefore giving him 2 months to enter Canada.
Thanks for your reply and clarification.

persianboy

Mar 5, 2014
Yaaay! my file went into process!!! i am absoloutely elated! what happens after wards? I hope we get the good news during eid!!!

right123

Mar 5, 2014
:)ِ My application went from received to In process as well. I just checked today but it shows the date of " in process" is March 11,2014

So it took 3 months exactly from application received on Dec 11,2013.

but I have a question if anyone may know the answer.

when I applied for my wife, I provided her name as it appears on her password which has her maiden name. and police certificate obtained when she had her maiden name. Recently, she found out that her name on Turkish records is my last name as they updated records after we got married.

Will Canadian embassy have any problem if they contact the police records as her last name on application doesn't match her new last name on Turkish police records ??

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRATULATION right123...
I suggest you directly contact CIC and let them know that the last name changed after marriage and ask if they need any document stating that. If name change happened after application submission, I don't think there would be any problem. But I would strongly advise to let them know she has your last name now.

Good luck to all of us!

right123 said:
:)ِ My application went from received to In process as well. I just checked today but it shows the date of " in process" is March 11,2014

So it took 3 months exactly from application received on Dec 11,2013.

but I have a question if anyone may know the answer.

when I applied for my wife, I provided her name as it appears on her password which has her maiden name. and police certificate obtained when she had her maiden name. Recently, she found out that her name on Turkish records is my last name as they updated records after we got married.

Will Canadian embassy have any problem if they contact the police records as her last name on application doesn't match her new last name on Turkish police records ??