+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Congrats !
PreArrival services letter is good news as it means you have passed eligibility assessment, and on completion of background check you will receive passport request (PPR) now how long that would take depends on Ankara VO and the current situation but at least you can relax now and just wait for further instructions.
Good luck !

Reactions: Sarahkaswer

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Congrats !
PreArrival services letter is good news as it means you have passed eligibility assessment, and on completion of background check you will receive passport request (PPR) now how long that would take depends on Ankara VO and the current situation but at least you can relax now and just wait for further instructions.
Good luck !
thank you so much

Sorry, can I ask you one more question...do you mean that they did not complete the background check yet?

they received my application on June 2019
And I pass the medical exam and the biometric
On sep 2019.

now on July 1st they sent me the pre arrival letter

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
thank you so much

Sorry, can I ask you one more question...do you mean that they did not complete the background check yet?

they received my application on June 2019
And I pass the medical exam and the biometric
On sep 2019.

now on July 1st they sent me the pre arrival letter
Have you linked your application online ? you can see all the detail of your process. they would mention if you already passed background check or not yet. just make sure you follow every instruction you receive asap to avoid any delays

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Have you linked your application online ? you can see all the detail of your process. they would mention if you already passed background check or not yet. just make sure you follow every instruction you receive asap to avoid any delays
Yes I have account with the Cic but they did not update me with my background check yet.
I just received the pre arrival letter after 10 months of passing the medical exam and biometric

Mvrcopolo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Just wanted to thank everyone for updating us. I too am sponsoring my wife and am waiting eagerly to hear back from Ankara.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 20, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on February 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
This is what it says online, she has also gone to Turkey before Covid hit and did her biometrics. Does anyone know what the next step is here? What happens next?

I see some posts saying we are on hold, but others are receiving correspondence. Not quite sure what is going on but I assume most are in a similar situation.

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Congratulation! very good news! Could you provide some information about your application timeline?
Congratulations ,I got mine too on July 1st.
Do you have any idea about what will come next?
Thanks! I would think the next step would be the letter to request passport for the visa to be issued, and that is assuming they dont ask for the background check to be redone, since its been over a year.

We applied for the sponsorship on June 21, 2019.

brad696

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Just wanted to thank everyone for updating us. I too am sponsoring my wife and am waiting eagerly to hear back from Ankara.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 20, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on February 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
This is what it says online, she has also gone to Turkey before Covid hit and did her biometrics. Does anyone know what the next step is here? What happens next?

I see some posts saying we are on hold, but others are receiving correspondence. Not quite sure what is going on but I assume most are in a similar situation.

Their regular processing times as you may already know is 1 year, but next step would be to wait for your pre-arrival letter, which could take awhile since you just applied this past January.
Applications did seem to be on hold until recently but it seems like they are back at it (even though they seem to still be sending out emails stating applications being on hold).

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Thanks! I would think the next step would be the letter to request passport for the visa to be issued, and that is assuming they dont ask for the background check to be redone, since its been over a year.

we applied for the sponsorship on June 20,2019
Hopefully we will get the request passport for the visa in these days.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020

That's great, Congrats. Ours is July 23rd so it should come any day now. Please Let us know when you get your PPR.

AliPrn

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Did you get the pre arrival letter?
i wish ! seeing the folks from June get the Pre-arrival sparked some hope for us.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received Your application for permanent residence on July 20, 2019.
  2. We started processing Your application on October 7, 2019.
  3. We sent medical instructions on September 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received ( Passed) .

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
i wish ! seeing the folks from June get the Pre-arrival sparked some hope for us.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received Your application for permanent residence on July 20, 2019.
  2. We started processing Your application on October 7, 2019.
  3. We sent medical instructions on September 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received ( Passed) .
so your application process is not 100% complete yet , right? But Don’t worry, you will get the pre arrival letter very soon .