+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Hi again all...it sure helps to read all of your posts and share your experiences.

An update on our process:

Submitted our application Dec 21, 2012
Sponsor Approval Jan 17, 2013
In Process - Feb 15, 2013

I'm a born and bred Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife from Iran. Unfortunately we misunderstood the instructions regarding medical examinations and we did not submit her medical exam with our application. Thanks to the help of BCGirl we corrected the mistake after the fact and my wife completed the medical on Jan 5, 2013. It was forwarded immediately to Paris by the Medical Examiner. We also forwarded her copy of the Upfront Medical Exam to Ankara on Feb 1, 2013.

We received an email from CIC on Feb 15, 2013 requesting a medical examination for my wife (who is living in Iran). I emailed them back immediately explaining that we'd already submitted the results of the Upfront Medical Exam to both Paris and Ankara and asked them if it was necessary to redo the exam and resubmit the results using the form that they sent us (this form that they sent us had her new UCI # as well as her Application # on it). They responded to our enquiry in LESS THAN 1 HOUR!!!

This was their reply:

"You do not need to redo the medicals. However, keep in mind, for future cases, that doing medical examination without our issued form (that has a specific IME#) takes longer to process. As such, results have not yet been reviewed by Paris.

Once it is reviewed, we will note it.

Best Regards,

Immigration Section | Section de visa

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada

Cinnah Caddesi 58, 06690, Çankaya, Ankara

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada"

I was shocked at the speed of their response to be honest! I'd like to share one thing with everyone...I began the email with very specific words as follows:

EXCEPTIONAL/ EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES:

We received an email from you Feb 15, 2013 requesting a medical examination. This Medical Examination was completed on Jan. 5, 2013 by Panel Physician # *** M.R. *****i M.D and couriered to Paris PRIOR TO RECEIVING YOUR EMAIL REQUEST. The original of Upfront Medical Report was couriered to Ankara and received by your office there on Feb 7, 2013. Attached are scanned docs confirming all of the above statements.. PLEASE EITHER CONFIRM RECEIPT OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION OR INSTRUCT US TO RESUBMIT A NEW MEDICAL EXAMINATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Regards, **** & ******

I don't know if the words "EXCEPTIONAL/ EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES: " made any difference but I DO know that we received a response IMMEDIATELY.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to update our time line on the appropriate spreadsheet...there seem to be several spread sheets in use and I'm not sure which one I should use. What I AM seeing is that the processing times seem to be MUCH MUCH shorter than the 16 months listed on the CIC website. It's truly exciting to see that many cases are taking less than 6 months after sponsorship approval.

Good luck to all and best wishes!

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
we applied on Nov 9th 2012
Approval on Feb 5th 2012

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
@BCgirl2012
Please add ours in spreadsheet also thanks

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
please somebody tell me what is "AOR Date"?

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
Godzilla9 said:
Acknowledgement of receipt - letter confirming that your documents are received by CPC of Visa Office in Ankara.
thank you so next step for me is to get this letter and you think usually how long after approval they send this letter?

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Congrats for the PPRs, sponsorship approvals, and status changes :)

I've updated the spreadsheet. Best wishes for everyone!

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
immka said:
thank you so next step for me is to get this letter and you think usually how long after approval they send this letter?
If you got your sponsorship approval at CPC-Mississauga, then your case is transferred to Ankara. Unfortunately, Ankara does not issues AORs and confirm receipt of documents.

Canadae

Feb 22, 2013
sponsorazer said:
Does anybody from here applied for the parents sponsorship in Ankara ?
There is a topic specific to Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Applications in Ankara. Please find it under the main Family Class Sponsorship Topic.

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
Godzilla9 said:
If you got your sponsorship approval at CPC-Mississauga, then your case is transferred to Ankara. Unfortunately, Ankara does not issues AORs and confirm receipt of documents.
OK then I have to wait till it turns to "in progress" as I see it should be about one month after approval. am I right?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
immka said:
OK then I have to wait till it turns to "in progress" as I see it should be about one month after approval. am I right?

It's different for different people, e.g. they started processing our case after 2.5 months of waiting. Refer to this spreadsheet to see all dates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXxkTAdisOFdFUyc2FBdk1jLUxhcjUwVUxnRWpmcnc#gid=0

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Hi Immka....our application was changed to "In Process" at 28 days after sponsorship approval. Our sponsorship approval was 28 days after they received our application. So far our process has been VERY fast. I hope the same for you and your partner.

Best regards!

immka

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
Vanman said:
Hi Immka....our application was changed to "In Process" at 28 days after sponsorship approval. Our sponsorship approval was 28 days after they received our application. So far our process has been VERY fast. I hope the same for you and your partner.

Best regards!
Hi congratulation, you know the delay on our application (since we have submitted it on 9th Nov till approval on 5th Feb) was that we forgot to sign one form which we have sent before so it takes this much to get approval but I hope the rest be faster and I wish mine change same as you in 28 days.

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vincerahmani said:
Hi All,

I sent that last hour updating myself with the thread! Wow, very helpful and kind of warming, specifically in terms of processing time concerns!
Here is my situation and it will be wonderful if anyone can help me out here, I have just married my wife, she is a permanent resident. I am also a recent graduate of SFU, living in vancouver right now with a work permit valid until october 2013.
So, firstly, can i apply to ankara VO? Or am i considered living inside canada so i have to go under the category for applicants living inside canada?
Secondly, it has been about 18 months that i have been living in canada, so do i need a medicam exam? also, do i need a security check from iran and also from here?
And very important, apparently in the fastest scenario it takes more time that i have on my work permit (oct 2013) for me to get the PR through my wife, but can i extend my visa because of this or not?!
I am really concerned and I truely appreciate all of your inputs guys.
Hi there,
I think you'll have to apply inland. However, keep in mind that inland applications usually take 1-2 years to process so if you like to get your ppr faster, you should apply outland. If you can leave Canada, apply outland and come back with your work visa. But I think it's best if you ask the in-land applications thread. Others in that thread might be able to help you out better. We're all outland applicants here.
Good luck.